Broncos getting tired of Sanchez mistakes

AFJF

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

something like that:rolleyes:

you may want to try reading.  I destroyed that weak "article" you wrote but that doesn't mean I think or have ever said mark was great.  he is what he is, an average QB that can play well at times and struggle at times.  If you actually read what I post you'd understand but you like to make things up just like in your "articles".

ahh gift wrapped(we'll get back to that in  second), how did he do in postseason? on the road against playoff teams?

as far as "gift wrapped", our season couldn't have been any more gift wrapped a year ago than it was- how did we do in the playoffs?  remember 1993? everything broke perfect, all we had to do was beat oiler backups in week 18 to make it.  how did that go?  remember Buffalo in 2004? all they had to do was beat Pitt backups at HOME, how did that work out?

it just amazes me how jet fans can bash QBs that helped us win like mark and Chad and praise Qbs that prevented us from winning like Favre and Fitz.  This is why we have the worst fanbase in the sport.

Idc about other seasons. I'm talking about Mark. Not Fitz (who didn't have anything gift wrapped), not Chad, not Favre, not 1993. I'm talking about Mark Sanchez and explaining why he is a bad QB.

He was asked to throw the ball 15 total times in the WC round of the 2009 playoffs. He was efficient for what he was asked to do. The Jets limited his ability to throw the football because he couldn't be trusted. He was terrible in San Diego and capitalized on a turnover by Rivers deep on his side of the field, his game was saved by 1 pass he made, and Shonn Greene running through the San Diego defense. But he did not play well in that game. He threw an awful pick and when asked to throw the ball a little more he didn't respond very well. He threw for 100 yards in the game and barely completed half of the throws he was asked to make. Kaeding also choked for San Diego. The defense and running game won that game. Come on, you should know this if you watched that game. In Indy he played very well. I will not dispute that. He deserved better in that game. But hey, the D and rground game deserved better in plenty of other games that season and didn't get it from Sanchez.

If you don't think Fitz and Favre are better QB's then Mark Sanchez you aren't watching the same team as everyone else.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Brett Farve plays with a torn bicep in his throwing arm... No excuses.

Mark Sanchez plays with the #1 ranked defense and the #1 ranked running game... Much excuses.

Why is anyone even entertaining these comparisons?

Seriously. Why can't people just watch these guys play and see if they're good or not. It's ridiculous. We live in a world where common sense has become a dirty word. Stop believing your own eyes and listen to what I tell you.

Sanchez was on a trajectory to be a serviceable not great QB. Somewhere in the middle of year two he stopped getting better. Then his confidence slowly eroded until he was a quivering mess in year 3.

I don't need to see any stats because I watched it happen.

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

something like that:rolleyes:

you may want to try reading.  I destroyed that weak "article" you wrote but that doesn't mean I think or have ever said mark was great.  he is what he is, an average QB that can play well at times and struggle at times.  If you actually read what I post you'd understand but you like to make things up just like in your "articles".

ahh gift wrapped(we'll get back to that in  second), how did he do in postseason? on the road against playoff teams?

as far as "gift wrapped", our season couldn't have been any more gift wrapped a year ago than it was- how did we do in the playoffs?  remember 1993? everything broke perfect, all we had to do was beat oiler backups in week 18 to make it.  how did that go?  remember Buffalo in 2004? all they had to do was beat Pitt backups at HOME, how did that work out?

it just amazes me how jet fans can bash QBs that helped us win like mark and Chad and praise Qbs that prevented us from winning like Favre and Fitz.  This is why we have the worst fanbase in the sport.

You said that anyone who thought Sanchez might not start was being duped by the media and it was sad that with all of the information out there, people didn't know how to oroperly interpreter it, but you did.

Sanchez has now been beaten soundly by Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, and some 7th rounder out of quarterback factory, Northwestern.

Strong work professor.  You're a modern day enigma machine when it comes to understanding what's really going on when a player/coach/analyst speaks.

Tell us how you did it, please.  We must know your ways.

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Idc about other seasons. I'm talking about Mark. Not Fitz (who didn't have anything gift wrapped), not Chad, not Favre, not 1993. I'm talking about Mark Sanchez and explaining why he is a bad QB.

He was asked to throw the ball 15 total times in the WC round of the 2009 playoffs. He was efficient for what he was asked to do. The Jets limited his ability to throw the football because he couldn't be trusted. He was terrible in San Diego and capitalized on a turnover by Rivers deep on his side of the field, his game was saved by 1 pass he made, and Shonn Greene running through the San Diego defense. But he did not play well in that game. He threw an awful pick and when asked to throw the ball a little more he didn't respond very well. He threw for 100 yards in the game and barely completed half of the throws he was asked to make. Kaeding also choked for San Diego. The defense and running game won that game. Come on, you should know this if you watched that game. In Indy he played very well. I will not dispute that. He deserved better in that game. But hey, the D and rground game deserved better in plenty of other games that season and didn't get it from Sanchez.

If you don't think Fitz and Favre are better QB's then Mark Sanchez you aren't watching the same team as everyone else.

Bad QBs don't help their teams make back to back title games w/ all 4 wins coming on the road.  In 2010 he was very good, in 2009 he was up and down as a rookie but was up for us in the playoffs.  

he was 12 of 15 w/ 2 of the incompletions drops including what would have been a 50+ yard TD to Edwards.  Our run game that day wasn't very efficient outside of the Green misdirection 39 yd TD run.  w/o that play we averaged 3.7 YPC.  Not the worst but certainly not even average.

He was EXCELLENT at SD, this was a ROOKIE QB against the hottest team in the AFC on the road as heavy underdogs.  the gameplan was conservative but he played much better than his #s(but I understand that is hard for most fans to realize).  That 3rd down throw to Keller was the game changer, he made a spectacular play and if not we probably don't win that game.  Rivers made the big mistake at home w/ the more talented team, the ROOKIE did not.  

The D did win that game as it did most games, we were a D first team.  I never once said Mark carried us or that the D wasn't the primary reason we were so good.  as for the run game? again ONE run.  minus the one Greene run he and Jones averaged 3.1 YPC but please tell me again how great our run game was?

In Indy he played very well for a half, he struggled in the 2nd half but we have to look at the situation.  Thomas Jones was shot late in the year and once Greene left the game on the first possession of the 2nd half we had NO THREAT of a run game against 2 premiere pass rushers in that loud dome against a rookie QB.

Favre obviously is better than Mark, I'd take Mark over Fitz any day.  mark on our team last year and we are a playoff team.  Mark helped teams w/ less talent reach title games, Fitz couldn't even help us get to the playoffs.  Favre was not better as a Jets QB though, he never wanted to be here and played like it most of the season before tanking it in december and costing us a chance at a great run w/ no great teams in the league that year.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Bad QBs don't help their teams make back to back title games w/ all 4 wins coming on the road.  In 2010 he was very good, in 2009 he was up and down as a rookie but was up for us in the playoffs.  

he was 12 of 15 w/ 2 of the incompletions drops including what would have been a 50+ yard TD to Edwards.  Our run game that day wasn't very efficient outside of the Green misdirection 39 yd TD run.  w/o that play we averaged 3.7 YPC.  Not the worst but certainly not even average.

He was EXCELLENT at SD, this was a ROOKIE QB against the hottest team in the AFC on the road as heavy underdogs.  the gameplan was conservative but he played much better than his #s(but I understand that is hard for most fans to realize).  That 3rd down throw to Keller was the game changer, he made a spectacular play and if not we probably don't win that game.  Rivers made the big mistake at home w/ the more talented team, the ROOKIE did not.  

The D did win that game as it did most games, we were a D first team.  I never once said Mark carried us or that the D wasn't the primary reason we were so good.  as for the run game? again ONE run.  minus the one Greene run he and Jones averaged 3.1 YPC but please tell me again how great our run game was?

In Indy he played very well for a half, he struggled in the 2nd half but we have to look at the situation.  Thomas Jones was shot late in the year and once Greene left the game on the first possession of the 2nd half we had NO THREAT of a run game against 2 premiere pass rushers in that loud dome against a rookie QB.

Favre obviously is better than Mark, I'd take Mark over Fitz any day.  mark on our team last year and we are a playoff team.  Mark helped teams w/ less talent reach title games, Fitz couldn't even help us get to the playoffs.  Favre was not better as a Jets QB though, he never wanted to be here and played like it most of the season before tanking it in december and costing us a chance at a great run w/ no great teams in the league that year.

Wrong.  Mark Sancheaz did it with the Jets.  How do you not know that?

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You said that anyone who thought Sanchez might not start was being duped by the media and it was sad that with all of the information out there, people didn't know how to oroperly interpreter it, but you did.

Sanchez has now been beaten soundly by Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, and some 7th rounder out of quarterback factory, Northwestern.

Strong work professor.  You're a modern day enigma machine when it comes to understanding what's really going on when a player/coach/analyst speaks.

Tell us how you did it, please.  We must know your ways.

I don't recall saying that, I said all along that he was there to be a placeholder for Lynch.  I think my point was don't believe everything that is reported, I didn't believe Simien had a legit shot but he played well and I was wrong.  I thought Mark would start the season and as soon as Lynch was ready he'd start.  I didn't believe in Simien but he played really well in preseason.

he wasn't beaten out by Foles, Foles was coming off historic season and mark outplayed him all camp and preseason but there wasn't a competition.  when Mark came in he elevated the offense and they were much better w/ him than Foles.

There wasn't really a competition w/ Bradford last year but he is the type to always tantalize coaches.

Simien played well, give him credit.

You do a great job of deflecting.  now please when you write "articles" don't make things up in the future.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I like how you take away the ONE GREEN RUN in both of the Jets playoff wins that year but don't dare take away the ONE SANCHEZ PASS IN SD. Without that one pass in SD Sanchez throws for less than 100 yards and we probably lose the game. Sanchez was awful in the game even with that pass, he capitalized on a huge Rivers mistake against a notoriously soft SD team. Once again, Rivers making the mistake doesn't help Marks case. We are talking about Mark not Phillip Rivers. Why are you so willing to take away the one run but not the one pass? A little bias towards Mark maybe?

That's one of the worst arguments you can make. "Taking away the 57 yard TD run the Jets didn't run the ball very well". All the other runs helped lead up to that run by continuing to pound away and pound away until they broke one. To just dismiss that isn't fair and is used only as a way to make Mark look like he won them that game when all he did was throw a key TD late in the third and complete a nice pass to Cotchery late along the sideline. He was bad in that game. Rivers mistake bailed Mark out.

Mark is sitting on the bench behind a second year seventh round pick. Fitzpatrick is coming off a really strong year in which he won 10 games. Mark's best year was in 2010 when he helped a team win 11 games (and really wasn't a part of the 11th win). Once again, Mark Sanchez is a backup QB. Two teams have now given up on him. Fitz has started for a lot of teams in the league, and while he will never be a franchise guy, he's much more capable of playing the QB position then Mark is.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I like how you take away the ONE GREEN RUN in both of the Jets playoff wins that year but don't dare take away the ONE SANCHEZ PASS IN SD. Without that one pass in SD Sanchez throws for less than 100 yards and we probably lose the game. Sanchez was awful in the game even with that pass, he capitalized on a huge Rivers mistake against a notoriously soft SD team. Once again, Rivers making the mistake doesn't help Marks case. We are talking about Mark not Phillip Rivers. Why are you so willing to take away the one run but not the one pass? A little bias towards Mark maybe?

Mark is sitting on the bench behind a second year seventh round pick. Fitzpatrick is coming off a really strong year in which he won 10 games. Mark's best year was in 2010 when he helped a team win 11 games (and really wasn't a part of the 11th win). Once again, Mark Sanchez is a backup QB. Two teams have now given up on him. Fitz has started for a lot of teams in the league, and while he will never be a franchise guy, he's much more capable of playing the QB position then Mark is.

if we take away that pass he actually would have thrown for a lot more yardage than 100 b/c we would have thrown more w/o the lead.  we may have lost the game w/o that throw and we were winning before the Greene run.

Fitz is in the perfect spot, Fitz would have been sitting behind geno if a player didn't punch geno- let's not forget that.  Fitz has started for a lot of teams but has never been drafted/traded for/signed to start.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

if we take away that pass he actually would have thrown for a lot more yardage than 100 b/c we would have thrown more w/o the lead.  we may have lost the game w/o that throw and we were winning before the Greene run.

Fitz is in the perfect spot, Fitz would have been sitting behind geno if a player didn't punch geno- let's not forget that.  Fitz has started for a lot of teams but has never been drafted/traded for/signed to start.

We don't know what Mark would have thrown for if not that pass. He wasn't throwing the ball well leading up to that pass. He made a clutch throw, but one pass doesn't define an entire game. When judging a player you have to look at the entire body of work. You can't just expect that this guy will win you games because random opportunities/terrible turnovers will somehow present themselves throughout your season. You don't judge a player on one play, its the body of work.

Fitz absolutely would have been backing up Geno. He is what he is. An average QB who can win games in the right situation. He proved that last year. I don't expect him to be Favre in his hey day. But Mark Sanchez was the 5th overall pick in the draft and signed a huge contract. It's reasonable to expect a lot more out of him then you do a guy like Fitzpatrick, is it not?

38 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

did Brett favre play? was Brett the ironman? No excuses

we had the #1 ranked D w/ Mark(w/ most of the same players w/ Brett by the way), how did that #1 ranked D do w/ a double digit lead in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME?

and anyone who thinks we had the best run game in 2009 has no clue what they are watching when they watch football.  Rankings and stats are a guide, our run game was not great that year- it was good/very good at times but not great outside of a few games against some dreadful rush Ds.  Amazingly enough thomas Jones had a higher YPC in 2008 but we didn't have a run game:lol:

Whether or not the defense or the running game was "the best" is hugely irrelevant.  It was one of the best, and ranked number 1 in the measure most often used to describe it.  Meaning, it was the strength of the team.  You've decided they need to be perfect, or they're the problem.  And, it doesn't matter.  You just did exactly what I cartoonishly pointed out.  You make excuses for one player, but not the other.  That's a simple fact.  You aren't even mildly aware of how biased you are.

24 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We don't know what Mark would have thrown for if not that pass. He wasn't throwing the ball well leading up to that pass. He made a clutch throw, but one pass doesn't define an entire game. When judging a player you have to look at the entire body of work. You can't just expect that this guy will win you games because random opportunities/terrible turnovers will somehow present themselves throughout your season. You don't judge a player on one play, its the body of work.

Fitz absolutely would have been backing up Geno. He is what he is. An average QB who can win games in the right situation. He proved that last year. I don't expect him to be Favre in his hey day. But Mark Sanchez was the 5th overall pick in the draft and signed a huge contract. It's reasonable to expect a lot more out of him then you do a guy like Fitzpatrick, is it not?

You have to use context, the gameplan against the HOTTEST team in football was very conservative.  they played it knowing Rivers would likely make the big mistake and he did.  If they opened it up more perhaps he has a better statistical game.  Remember, he didn't even attempt a 4th qtr pass as they were trying to ruin out the clock.

I am not saying he was Phil Simms SB XXI but to look at his #s and say he wasn't good just isn't being fair.

I am rooting like crazy for Fitz.  Like Mark he is a likable person which makes it easier but the reality is he has never done w/ Mark has done and until he does I will have Mark rated higher.

19 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Whether or not the defense or the running game was "the best" is hugely irrelevant.  It was one of the best, and ranked number 1 in the measure most often used to describe it.  Meaning, it was the strength of the team.  You've decided they need to be perfect, or they're the problem.  And, it doesn't matter.  You just did exactly what I cartoonishly pointed out.  You make excuses for one player, but not the other.  That's a simple fact.  You aren't even mildly aware of how biased you are.

The run game was highly overrated by folks who just like to look at out of context stats and rankings.  He was a ROOKIE QB whose #2 WR was Chansi Stuckey the first 4 weeks(w/ Cotch as a #1) and he played excellent and we were 3-1.  we then made the trade for Braylon after game 4, Braylon was our most talented WR but he wasn't very good that 2009 season(he was great in 2010).  He had a million drops that year that hurt a rookie QB and Mark had his ups and downs as was to be expected.  year 2 Mark was really good then they stripped most of the weapons in 2011(where he had his best stat year) and after that he had nothing around him.

I discuss reality for players and teams, there's a difference.  I may be biased, I appreciate players that helped/help my team win but you are incredibly biased against him.

29 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So just to be sure I've got this straight, the "correct" means of evaluation is:

Stats are mediocre = proof that performance was great, despite outcome

Stats are bad = numbers don't mean anything, and of course outcome still doesn't either... unless it was a positive one, than that proves everything

yes exactly:rolleyes:

do people watch football? we have more access to info than ever before and yet fans seem to know less today than ever before.

36 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't recall saying that, I said all along that he was there to be a placeholder for Lynch.  I think my point was don't believe everything that is reported, I didn't believe Simien had a legit shot but he played well and I was wrong.  I thought Mark would start the season and as soon as Lynch was ready he'd start.  I didn't believe in Simien but he played really well in preseason.

he wasn't beaten out by Foles, Foles was coming off historic season and mark outplayed him all camp and preseason but there wasn't a competition.  when Mark came in he elevated the offense and they were much better w/ him than Foles.

There wasn't really a competition w/ Bradford last year but he is the type to always tantalize coaches.

Simien played well, give him credit.

You do a great job of deflecting.  now please when you write "articles" don't make things up in the future.

Again....nice job professor.  When are you holding that next seminar on information interpretation?  I'm sure all of us "average fans" would love to attend.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

do people watch football? we have more access to info than ever before and yet fans seem to know less today than ever before.

Just now, AFJF said:

Again....nice job professor.  When are you holding that next seminar on information interpretation?  I'm sure all of us "average fans" would love to attend.

Us "average fans" couldn't use information to figure out Sanchez was the starter...lol

many times media reports are off, it's players/coaches/execs floating things out there.  this time they were right, still doesn't change how horrible your "article" was and how you blatantly made things up but if this makes you feel better I am happy for you.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

many times media reports are off, it's players/coaches/execs floating things out there.  this time they were right, still doesn't change how horrible your "article" was and how you blatantly made things up but if this makes you feel better I am happy for you.

The seminar professor...the seminar.  When is it?  We must learn how this information is to be interpreted.

Us average fans must not even watch football if we can't piece things together the way you and only you are able.

I'm assuming the seminar will be held during the bye week of whichever team Sanchez plays with this sesason?

By my latest count, nyjunk*:

- believes peyton, favre, coughlin all sucked and were carried to success by everyone else, and don't deserve the hof
- believes sanchez & dungy were driving forces in any modicum of 'success' their teams achieved, and are well deserving of praise and should not be criticized.

I'm sure nyjunk will let me know if I missed anything and how I'm wrong and unintelligent and that he's never once lost a "debate" in his life. 

Fortunately for me, I don't "debate" online, and I stopped caring about his responses to me a long time ago. 

EDIT: whoops, forgot to add that nyjunk is still holding out hope that brady will leave Gisselle, and join him and sanchez in bed one day.

11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

The seminar professor...the seminar.  When is it?  We must learn how this information is to be interpreted.

Us average fans must not even watch football if we can't piece things together the way you and only you are able.

I'm assuming the seminar will be held during the bye week of whichever team Sanchez plays with this sesason?

keep deflecting

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

By my latest count, nyjunk*:

- believes peyton, favre, coughlin all sucked and were carried to success by everyone else, and don't deserve the hof
- believes sanchez & dungy were driving forces in any modicum of 'success' their teams achieved, and are well deserving of praise and should not be criticized.

I'm sure nyjunk will let me know if I missed anything and how I'm wrong and unintelligent and that he's never once lost a "debate" in his life. 

Fortunately for me, I don't "debate" online, and I stopped caring about his responses to me a long time ago. 

EDIT: whoops, forgot to add that nyjunk is still holding out hope that brady will leave Gisselle, and join him and sanchez in bed one day.

this guy again.  it's amazing w/ that wonderful UConn education that you struggle w/ basic reading comprehension the way you do.

you stopped caring yet still always comment about me, you are a fraud.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

keep deflecting

So selfish of you....refusing to teach all of us average fans how to interpret media messages the same way you can.  I'm very disappointed in you, professor.  But I look forward to your next message on how to understand what's really being said when a head coach passed a message along to the masses.  LOL

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So selfish of you....refusing to teach all of us average fans how to interpret media messages the same way you can.  I very disappointed in you, professor.  But I look forward to your next message on how to understand what's really being said when a head coach passed a message along to the masses.  LOL

I will start by posting "articles" where I make everything up, will that help?

Just now, nyjunc said:

I will start by posting "articles" where I make everything up, will that help?

You tell me, professor.  I'm just an average fan who believed Mark Sanchez might not win the job in Denver.  

Youre the enigma machine who saw through the fog and knew what Kubiak really meant.

I defer to your infinite wisdom for all football related topics moving forward based on that incredible display.

Care to tell us what Mark's stat line is gonna' look like when he starts for Denver on opening day? 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I'm sorry, but this is just laughable. We won the game because our top ranked defense held an excellent offense to 7 points in the first 55 minutes of the game. Mark Sanchez SUCKED against San Diego. Anybody who understands football would tell you they won despite him. They stacked the box and dared us to pass the entire game and he still couldn't complete a pass.

He threw an interception and was immediately bailed out by Revis getting it back -- his only TD pass of the day was set up by another turnover setting him up at the San Diego 16 yard line.

Dude had 100 yards passing and a turnover in a defensive struggle. Mark has had big games for the Jets (Bengals and Pats playoff games come to mind) but suggesting he was "excellent" against San Diego is just insanity. It was probably his worst performance in a playoff game for us, he laid a turd out there.

36 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Are making this argument against yourself?

The fact that you opt to ignore every piece of this very info you speak of that doesn't suit your agenda is not really helping your cause.

44 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The run game was highly overrated by folks who just like to look at out of context stats and rankings.  He was a ROOKIE QB whose #2 WR was Chansi Stuckey the first 4 weeks(w/ Cotch as a #1) and he played excellent and we were 3-1.  we then made the trade for Braylon after game 4, Braylon was our most talented WR but he wasn't very good that 2009 season(he was great in 2010).  He had a million drops that year that hurt a rookie QB and Mark had his ups and downs as was to be expected.  year 2 Mark was really good then they stripped most of the weapons in 2011(where he had his best stat year) and after that he had nothing around him.

I discuss reality for players and teams, there's a difference.  I may be biased, I appreciate players that helped/help my team win but you are incredibly biased against him.

Rookie?  Did he play?  Yes or No?  If he didn't belong out there, he shouldn't have been.  Isn't that the argument with Favre?

The thing is, you don't discuss reality.  You discuss your own circular logic.  You argue that Sanchez is good when reality (numbers, etc) suggest he was one of the absolute worst.  Everyone else here is using facts, you're the only one who's manipulating reality and dressing it up as "context"

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm sorry, but this is just laughable. We won the game because our top ranked defense held an excellent offense to 7 points in the first 55 minutes of the game. Mark Sanchez SUCKED against San Diego. Anybody who understands football would tell you they won despite him. They stacked the box and dared us to pass the entire game and he still couldn't complete a pass.

He threw an interception and was immediately bailed out by Revis getting it back -- his only TD pass of the day was set up by another turnover setting him up at the San Diego 16 yard line.

Dude had 100 yards passing and a turnover in a defensive struggle. Mark has had big games for the Jets (Bengals and Pats playoff games come to mind) but suggesting he was "excellent" against San Diego is just insanity. It was probably his worst performance in a playoff game for us, he laid a turd out there.

what is laughable is saying he sucked but that's what the average fan does. they look at out of context #s and make evaluations.

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Are making this argument against yourself?

The fact that you opt to ignore every piece of this very info you speak of that doesn't suit your agenda is not really helping your cause.

I'm sorry what info did you provide again?

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Rookie?  Did he play?  Yes or No?  If he didn't belong out there, he shouldn't have been.  Isn't that the argument with Favre?

The thing is, you don't discuss reality.  You discuss your own circular logic.  You argue that Sanchez is good when reality (numbers, etc) suggest he was one of the absolute worst.  Everyone else here is using facts, you're the only one who's manipulating reality and dressing it up as "context"

yes, a rookie Sanchez helping the Jets make the AFC Championship Game is comparable a vet lock HOFer who couldn't help us get to the playoffs.  Thank you for the comparison.

You use out of context #s, I use reality.  he had ONE awful season(2012).  he is a mediocre QB, always has been but he is one that has risen to the occasion in the past.  #s never tell the whole story.  In the 2010 AFC Championship game Ben had a 35 rating and Mark a 100+ rating but ben was the better QB on the field that day.  To fans that just look at out of context stats they wouldn't know that.

On August 31, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

He's not even a particularly good backup, either.  He went 4-6 in Philly in that role, with 19 TD's (1 rushing) and 19 turnovers.  Not exactly a guy you trust when your starter goes down. 

But they scored points.  The mind numbing INTs, especially the one that ended their season mean nothing.

That Sanchez was better than last years Fitz

so I've been told.

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yes, a rookie Sanchez helping the Jets make the AFC Championship Game is comparable a vet lock HOFer who couldn't help us get to the playoffs.  Thank you for the comparison.

You use out of context #s, I use reality.  he had ONE awful season(2012).  he is a mediocre QB, always has been but he is one that has risen to the occasion in the past.  #s never tell the whole story.  In the 2010 AFC Championship game Ben had a 35 rating and Mark a 100+ rating but ben was the better QB on the field that day.  To fans that just look at out of context stats they wouldn't know that.

You still don't get it.  You're using rookie as an excuse for the negatives being pointed out.  I'm expressing that if that is an excuse, then perhaps torn bicep in throwing arm is a meaningful excuse too.  The overarching point, once again, you decide when to use excuses and "context," you don't do it equivocally.  Much in the way you knock our defense and running game without proving the same "critical analysis" to the other teams ranked at the top.  Also, no one is making the argument that Ben wasn't the better QB, so perhaps you're projecting what people are doing w/o context.  Nor is anyone making the argument that numbers tell the "whole" story.  In fact, you are the only one doing that.  Rather, people are suggesting that if numbers provide a pretty strong, if imperfect, understanding of reality.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You still don't get it.  You're using rookie as an excuse for the negatives being pointed out.  I'm expressing that if that is an excuse, then perhaps torn bicep in throwing arm is a meaningful excuse too.  The overarching point, once again, you decide when to use excuses and "context," you don't do it equivocally.  Much in the way you knock our defense and running game without proving the same "critical analysis" to the other teams ranked at the top.  Also, no one is making the argument that Ben wasn't the better QB, so perhaps you're projecting what people are doing w/o context.  Nor is anyone making the argument that numbers tell the "whole" story.  In fact, you are the only one doing that.  Rather, people are suggesting that if numbers provide a pretty strong, if imperfect, understanding of reality.

we MADE THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WITH THAT ROOKIE, we couldn't make the playoffs w/ the HOFer who built his career playing through pain despite a MUCH easier sched and no Tom Brady around. 

Again, I have NEVER, EVER, EVER said Mark Sanchez was a great QB.  He was/is a mediocre QB but one a team is capable of winning with.  There have been many "better" QBs w/ much more talent around them that haven't had as much playoff success.  Just b/c I back him against misguided fans doesn't mean I am calling him great just like when I "bash" peyton against Brady it doesn't mean I am saying Peyton sucks.  

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

You have to use context, the gameplan against the HOTTEST team in football was very conservative.  they played it knowing Rivers would likely make the big mistake and he did.  If they opened it up more perhaps he has a better statistical game.  Remember, he didn't even attempt a 4th qtr pass as they were trying to ruin out the clock.

I am not saying he was Phil Simms SB XXI but to look at his #s and say he wasn't good just isn't being fair.

I am rooting like crazy for Fitz.  Like Mark he is a likable person which makes it easier but the reality is he has never done w/ Mark has done and until he does I will have Mark rated higher.

You build your game plan around your teams strengths as well. You don’t just look at your opponents. If the Jets felt they had a QB who could throw the ball with efficiency, accuracy, and skill then they would have thrown the ball more. It’s a moot point though because they won largely due to the defense and running game. They did the right thing and played to their strengths. They knew going into the playoffs, against better competition, that they needed to run the ball and play good defense to be successful. Sanchez was not going to be able to air it out against them. Smart job by Rex and his staff knowing that they had a rookie QB who was limited in what he could do.

Unfortunately for them, and then Philly, and now Denver, he’s remained limited in what he can do after making improvements from 2009-2010. He’s a limited QB whose a backup QB at best.

What you don’t understand about Fitz is that he is a better player at the position than Mark Sanchez is. How far Sanchez went in 2009 and 2010 is great for the Jets. Those were good seasons. But that doesn’t mean Mark Sanchez did a great job. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, guys like Dan Marino, and Steve McNair never did. Who would you rather have QBing your team? You can’t judge the QB based off of the teams success. Sanchez held them back in a lot of games. His one saving grace is that he played very well in both Championship games he was in and in the divisional round against New England. He elevated his game in the 2010 playoffs. But that doesn’t make a career.

Archived