Stadium questions

Larz

please humor me and don't put this in the tickets for sale forum !

so my son wants to go to a jets game.  I like 1:00 starts so I'm looking at the Rams game. 

what side of the field is in the sun, the jets side ?

I'm guessing parking passes are a must ?  do those come with a ticket download from stub hub or do I buy them separately ?

any sections you love/hate ?

most important, where is tailgate joe ?

txs !

I like taking NJ Transit from Penn Station over parking but I think you can buy parking passes at the sites like Stubhub, etc. Good question on sun side esp when you go to a later season game. The Rams is Nov. 13 but it's smart to get sun side and it's to me a lot more comfortable. When the sun goes down and it does before 4 pm it gets cold.  I used to write down which sections were on the sun side at Giants Stadium (and then before I ordered the tickets I'd lose it) but not sure about it at Met Life. I googled it and found some fan comments that give their opinions on the sun side. I'm going with one of my kids (Fathers Day gift from him) to the Seahawks game. I used to go a lot with my brother but he's going to be in Florida so for the most part I'll watch the games on TV. What's fun is when you get there early walking (outside) around the entire stadium and getting freebies and you can watch the pre game radio shows, etc. One year I won a Jets mini-helmet and another time Tropicana had free OJ and muffins. :)

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

so my son wants to go to a jets game.  I like 1:00 starts so I'm looking at the Rams game. 

I'm guessing parking passes are a must ?  do those come with a ticket download from stub hub or do I buy them separately ?

txs !

Sun side is definitely jets side. Go for that if you're looking for November. 

Some tickets come with parking pass.. Others don't. You can normally snag a yellow pass for 25 bucks. Parking a little further away tends to help the escape from the stadium. 

As far as sections go, look at the map. The ones right next to the club seats (110 and 117 on the jets side I think) are solid seats without the ritziness of the clubs. Face is 150 per but I think most of the time you can get them for less than face. 

6 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

Sun side is definitely jets side. Go for that if you're looking for November. 

Some tickets come with parking pass.. Others don't. You can normally snag a yellow pass for 25 bucks. Parking a little further away tends to help the escape from the stadium. 

As far as sections go, look at the map. The ones right next to the club seats (110 and 117 on the jets side I think) are solid seats without the ritziness of the clubs. Face is 150 per but I think most of the time you can get them for less than face. 

txs !  this is the dudes first game, so the extra cash will be worth it. 

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I like taking NJ Transit from Penn Station over parking but I think you can buy parking passes at the sites like Stubhub, etc. Good question on sun side esp when you go to a later season game. The Rams is Nov. 13 but it's smart to get sun side and it's to me a lot more comfortable. When the sun goes down and it does before 4 pm it gets cold.  I used to write down which sections were on the sun side at Giants Stadium (and then before I ordered the tickets I'd lose it) but not sure about it at Met Life. I googled it and found some fan comments that give their opinions on the sun side. I'm going with one of my kids (Fathers Day gift from him) to the Seahawks game. I used to go a lot with my brother but he's going to be in Florida so for the most part I'll watch the games on TV. What's fun is when you get there early walking (outside) around the entire stadium and getting freebies and you can watch the pre game radio shows, etc. One year I won a Jets mini-helmet and another time Tropicana had free OJ and muffins. :)

thanks !  I think we will get the jets side seats for sure

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

txs !

Visitors side is in the shade, while there is a benefit to getting sun on a freezing cold day there is zero benefit to getting sun glare in your face, it's blinding.

If your son is under the age of 10 you do not want the lower level as you'll be standing all game and he won't be able to see a thing.  I suggest the mezzanine where people sit down and the pitch is steeper.  Look for the mezzanine "A" corners as they have a semi-sideline view.

Parking passes are 100% a must.  Splurge and get a green Club parking pass otherwise you'll have to get to the stadium 2+ hours before kickoff to get a yellow spot.

What is awesome for a young first-timer is that the ushers are very lenient during pregame warmups down in the lower bowl.  Get to the stadium as soon as the gates open, walk through the interior perimeter until you get to the 50 yard line marker and walk straight through the large food court.  Go down the steps and you're in the spot where the ushers will let you in if you tell them "it's my son's first time".  Pick a stairwell, walk up, charm the usher, and you're right on the 40 yard line and can walk down to the first row to see all the players, the TV reporters doing their pregame shows, etc.  I do this almost every game.

Enjoy.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

ok one last noob question, do more tickets tend to free up as the game gets closer or fewer ?

depends on the game.  rivalry games tend the prices tend to climb as the week goes on.  A rams game will likely remain steady or even drop a bit as the week goes on.  Also, games later in the year tend to be less in demand as the weather gets colder and the wives and children tend to like the September/October games.  My season tix are on the Sunny side in 109 and it makes a huge difference.  I was in a T-shirt in November last year. This stadium has far less of a wind/breeze issue on the lower levels than the old Giants stadium.  Bring a cap and sunglasses, though, it can get tough to see later in the afternoon as the sun starts dropping.

IMO, TV side of the field behind the visiting team's bench is where you want to be.

The sun will be behind you and the players will pop.  You sit on the other side and you will have to put up with a lot of glare.

Agree with SAR, get some elevation so your son can see.

Mezz will be fine.

Corners and end zone will be a good value.  Club seats are not.

I am in the 8th row in the UD on the 50 in 339. Love my seats. You can see the whole field and the first downs with ease.

You can wait on the game tickets themselves as they tend to go down in price the closer to the game.

The parking passes get now and get Green.  They will go up as you get closer to the game.  The sellers all know you need a parking pass to get in and they take full advantage of that need.

Have fun!  It will be a great memory.

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

depends on the game.  rivalry games tend the prices tend to climb as the week goes on.  A rams game will likely remain steady or even drop a bit as the week goes on.  Also, games later in the year tend to be less in demand as the weather gets colder and the wives and children tend to like the September/October games.  My season tix are on the Sunny side in 109 and it makes a huge difference.  I was in a T-shirt in November last year. This stadium has far less of a wind/breeze issue on the lower levels than the old Giants stadium.  Bring a cap and sunglasses, though, it can get tough to see later in the afternoon as the sun starts dropping.

thanks, I was looking in that area.  good tips !

53 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

IMO, TV side of the field behind the visiting team's bench is where you want to be.

The sun will be behind you and the players will pop.  You sit on the other side and you will have to put up with a lot of glare.

Agree with SAR, get some elevation so your son can see.

Mezz will be fine.

Corners and end zone will be a good value.  Club seats are not.

I am in the 8th row in the UD on the 50 in 339. Love my seats. You can see the whole field and the first downs with ease.

You can wait on the game tickets themselves as they tend to go down in price the closer to the game.

The parking passes get now and get Green.  They will go up as you get closer to the game.  The sellers all know you need a parking pass to get in and they take full advantage of that need.

Have fun!  It will be a great memory.

more great tips !  I waited to get 1st row for my son to see rush at msg and it worked out, will probably try to get 1st row again

Archived