in fairness to Hack, other Rooks unimpressive.

32EBoozer

I saw most of his college games.  He was ok...when given time..occasionally would make great throws ...but mind-boggingly  inaccurate at times...especially on short passes.

when pressured he was poor, IMO   Not great escapability...and judgment/decision making was poor.

QBs get measured on how they perform under pressure.  He's got a long way to go there.  

To sum up....I cringed...a ton of times watching him play QB for my grad school alma-mater.  I understand he has good size and arm strength.  He just seems to have poor instincts and was startlingly inaccurate at times.

I was very surprised he was drafted in round 2. He's a long shot project...which feels inappropriate in such an early round. I'm pessimistic regarding his future....but not completely closing the door on him..because I'm just a fan watching games on TV.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hackenberg was awful in our last preseason game, and I can say that even thou I wanted the Jets to draft this kid even if it meant using a 1st rounder to get him .  This kid will never be what Fans want him to be, but he will win the NY Jets a Championship or 2  and that all I care about . 

How do Jet fans and the league  see Eli Manning when compared to his big Brother . Both have won 2 SBs , but ask yourself this question . Which player played the bigger role in those 2 victories ?

Christian Hackenberg is Eli Manning with a Northern Exposure . He will make you want to string him up sometimes, but he will win you the big game .

That is all .

55 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Hackenberg was awful in our last preseason game, and I can say that even thou I wanted the Jets to draft this kid even if it meant using a 1st rounder to get him .  This kid will never be what Fans want him to be, but he will win the NY Jets a Championship or 2  and that all I care about . 

How do Jet fans and the league  see Eli Manning when compared to his big Brother . Both have won 2 SBs , but ask yourself this question . Which player played the bigger role in those 2 victories ?

Christian Hackenberg is Eli Manning with a Northern Exposure . He will make you want to string him up sometimes, but he will win you the big game .

That is all .

From your imagination to the throne of heaven.

Petty or Hack.... I don't care who but let next year be the beginning of the future for Jets football

On 9/2/2016 at 6:08 AM, JiF said:

Reality is, none of those guys were sh*t till the predraft hype started.  Nobody thought Goff was a #1 overall pick and who the **** is Carson Wentz?  

Not entirely true.

Jared Goff was a name, and one with considerable draft weight prior to the 2015 season. He leap-frogged Hackenberg & Cook when the latter 2 proved to be largely nothing more than wet dreams of an older generation of scouts. 

Cam Newton wasn't even on a radar, period, before the 2010 season. In fact, in Janurary of 2011, he was still being mocked in the 4th rounds. All that sh*t don't mean nothing. It's what you think that player can become. This year, i think many were in agreement that Lynch had the highest ceiling, but concerns of the time it would take to get there kept him below two QBs he's already outplayed. 

We spent a pick on 2013 Cinderella story that's long derailed off the disney train. 

May have been posted months ago but just ran across this..carry on with the cut him now after a few months, 2 PS games talk

Mired in a contract stalemate with Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Jets’ front office didn’t want the New York media to anoint Hackenberg as the franchise’s lifeline. On April 10, two weeks after the initial call, general manager Mike Maccagnan, head coach Todd Bowles, offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, quarterbacks coach Kevin Patullo, and two scouts drove to State College to conduct the workout at Penn State’s indoor football facility. The Jets delegation worked out the young quarterback for an hour, testing him on the aspects of the pro-style offense that weren’t a part of the Nittany Lions’ shotgun spread offense for the past two seasons.

One of the criticisms of Hackenberg is that he can’t make quick throws under pressure. So Jets coaches sped things up and put him through quick-release passing drills. They tested to see if he could throw off balance, watched his footwork closely, and put him in scenarios that they hadn’t seen on his game film. “It was about getting a really good feel for the way they are going to coach me going forward,” Hackenberg says.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/06/themmqb-christian-hackenberg-new-york-jets-quarterback-private-workout-nfl-draft-2016

On 9/2/2016 at 7:33 PM, Mogglez said:

Goff - Has been just as bad. Except LA traded the farm for him so it's much much worse.

Wentz - Hurt, so no.

Lynch - On a Super Bowl team with less issues and has looked ok.  Was also drafted in the first so you have to remove Darron Lee from our team.

Cook - Had a Hack like 4th game.

Cardale - looks like final collegiate year Cardale. Some good here and there.  Some bad moments though.  Far from complete.  Just like Hack, he needs work.

Sudfeld - Forgot he existed until we played the Skins.

Allen - See above ^^.

Dak - Lit it up with some of the best offensive talent in football.  Not going to dispute it.

Kessler - Channeled his inner Dan Orlovsky last night.

I'd love to know who these "no name scrub QB's" are that setting the world on fire because so far most, if not all, look like rookies....you know, like they're supposed too. 

the vikings 3rd stringer, Stave, looks like an NFL QB prosect to me.  I wasn't even comparing hack to the top picks, he doesn't even deserve to be compared to 3rd stringers yet.

Hack was a 3 year starter at a big 10 school and was property of the Jets in April.  He was at mini-camp and every practice. He got plenty of work while Fitz was away. Rookies get fooled by disguise blitzes and trap coverages.  Hack threw the ball up for grabs like a total idiot.  TWICE. 

you can't fix stupid

Hack is so bad he has to be put in the tebow category until he proves otherwise

I know, he just needs more time.....lol

sometimes you just are what you are....

Highly inconsistent ball placement and downfield touch, struggling to control his ball speeds. Upper and lower half mechanics are often on different pages, affecting his overall accuracy. Doesn't need to drive his hips to add zip on throws, but improved follow through motion will help his precision. Methodical set-up and delivery, but often out of rhythm.

Deer in headlights when blitzed - often sees it coming, but doesn't make the proper adjustments pre- or post-snap. Played behind a shaky offensive line (sacked 103 times in his career), but too many of those hits were of his own doing, holding the ball too long and clamming up under pressure.

Overall, the physical traits and arm strength are ideal for the NFL, but Hackenberg doesn't show a natural feel for the game and lacks a strong grasp in three critical areas of playing the position: touch, placement and decision-making.

lol, other than that he is a great prospect

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

you can't fix stupid

Highly inconsistent ball placement and downfield touch, struggling to control his ball speeds. Upper and lower half mechanics are often on different pages, affecting his overall accuracy. Doesn't need to drive his hips to add zip on throws, but improved follow through motion will help his precision. Methodical set-up and delivery, but often out of rhythm.

Deer in headlights when blitzed - often sees it coming, but doesn't make the proper adjustments pre- or post-snap. Played behind a shaky offensive line (sacked 103 times in his career), but too many of those hits were of his own doing, holding the ball too long and clamming up under pressure.

Overall, the physical traits and arm strength are ideal for the NFL, but Hackenberg doesn't show a natural feel for the game and lacks a strong grasp in three critical areas of playing the position: touch, placement and decision-making.

no, you can't

agree

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

the vikings 3rd stringer, Stave, looks like an NFL QB prosect to me.  I wasn't even comparing hack to the top picks, he doesn't even deserve to be compared to 3rd stringers yet.

Hack was a 3 year starter at a big 10 school and was property of the Jets in April.  He was at mini-camp and every practice. He got plenty of work while Fitz was away. Rookies get fooled by disguise blitzes and trap coverages.  Hack threw the ball up for grabs like a total idiot.  TWICE. 

you can't fix stupid

chill the fock out.

Archived