Let's get a couple of things straight

UnitedWhofans

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Could it be Woody Johnson is too cheap to hire a solid head coach or is he too dumb to realize what a solid head coach is. 

who did we want him to hire in 2001? 2006? 2009? 2015?

I remember in '01 the hot name was Dom Capers who was terrible.

I don't recall the '06 list

In 2009 Steve Spagnuolo was the hot name

In 2015 it was the guy the Falcons hired.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Coughlin never won anything in Jacksonville and was fired for a reason.  his last few years were terrible, he started out terrible w/ NYG then they made the playoffs in '05 and '06 and lost.  they were up and down in '07 and Giant fans wanted BOTH gone, they also wanted BOTH gone after 2010.

The Giants caught lightning in a bottle twice w/ Coughlin and Eli.  we would have run those guys out of town too except our owner would have listened.  thye had 2 fluke runs, they weren't some dominant team.  

To e fair we also hired Belichick(though he didn't have a HC pedigree).

Catching lighting in a bottle is the job of an NFL HC.

I do agree, Jet fans would have screamed for his firing and ownership would have obliged.  This team is run with an eye toward public relations more than winning football.  PR is their priority, football success is second.

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Could it be Woody Johnson is too cheap to hire a solid head coach or is he too dumb to realize what a solid head coach is. 

Who is a solid established vet head coach?  Jeff fisher?  The name that always popped up for years was Cowher, a guy who got his super bowl after 15 years.  Some coaches seen as retreads end up getting their super bowl like Vermeil and Pete Carrol, Barry friggin switzer.  Pittsburgh has won two super bowls with an unknown in Tomlin.

I would rate getting a good to great stating Qb to be 100 times more important than a coach.  A good Gm and great QB will get you were a coach may not,.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Now though, @12mil, my worry is by the time Bowles makes a switch, the season will be lost already.  

We'll see though.  I'm still rooting for who's on the field to play great.  Hopefully Fitz proves me wrong.

I agree, but I hope Bowles makes decisions based on play vs how much Mac paid. That being said, if you (or others) think that Geno is better than Fitz, I can see being upset with the signing. If you would rather Petty step in, than any delay in benching Fitz would give Petty time to heal and get ready.

Either way, if signed for 12 or 8, I would imagine Fitz has to be either hurt or the team will need to be 2-4 (or worse) for Fitz to be benched. If they had any confidence in Geno (or Petty for that matter) I don't think they sign Fitz to 12.

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Catching lighting in a bottle is the job of an NFL HC.

I do agree, Jet fans would have screamed for his firing and ownership would have obliged.  This team is run with an eye toward public relations more than winning football.  PR is their priority, football success is second.

And maybe if the fans weren't doing stupid things like hiring billboards, the ownership wouldn't feel threatwned

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

the last time we started 0-1 was 2010, that was the last time we made the playoffs.

I don't want to hear it. I think we were 0-2 in 98 also, but we are winless, and probably will remain winless all year.

I mean you don't just expect to come back from a 1 game deficit with only 15 games remaining do you?  

Archived