Ray Rice Training Hard for NFL Comeback

joewilly12

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they have supported him and their daughter since the beginning.  whether he signs a new deal(which would be a minimum deal anyway) or not.

I'll bet the case took all his money and he needs the money.

His league minimum is what, 1 mil plus? 

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll bet the case took all his money and he needs the money.

His league minimum is what, 1 mil plus? 

as far as I know he's fine w/ money. he has smart people around him and has not squandered it.  it's not about the money at this point, he already has stated he'd give his 1st year salary to DV organizations.

If he wasn't on the sever decline before the incident he would have a job now.  NFL teams forgive way easier if the player can be a big factor, if he is done or near done nfl teams pretend to take the high road.

Some team will have a rash of injuries and he will play again this year but he will not be a big factor.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If he wasn't on the sever decline before the incident he would have a job now.  NFL teams forgive way easier if the player can be a big factor, if he is done or near done nfl teams pretend to take the high road.

Some team will have a rash of injuries and he will play again this year but he will not be a big factor.

that is a myth, he was not on the decline.  he had ONE bad season where he was playing very banged up and should have been sitting.  that is the PR excuse given but it has everything to do w/ the tape.

3 years later who knows what he can do?  but he is in much better shape now then when he was helping them win a SB in 2012 and I think he can help a team as a pass catcher.

Ali was in great shape, better shape than he had been in 10 years when he wen out and got beat up by Holmes.  

Going to the gym and building muscle isn't the same as being a 27 year old RB.

Best case for him might be that no ne knows what he can do, with the bad or that will follow him it's not worth it. 

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ali was in great shape, better shape than he had been in 10 years when he wen out and got beat up by Holmes.  

Going to the gym and building muscle isn't the same as being a 27 year old RB.

Best case for him might be that no ne knows what he can do, with the bad or that will follow him it's not worth it. 

he has to get into football shape but he's also had 3 years w/o the pounding an NFL RB takes.  He can contribute.

but if he can't play he's a no risk signing, he won't get any guaranteed money.

37 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that is a myth, he was not on the decline.  he had ONE bad season where he was playing very banged up and should have been sitting.  that is the PR excuse given but it has everything to do w/ the tape.

3 years later who knows what he can do?  but he is in much better shape now then when he was helping them win a SB in 2012 and I think he can help a team as a pass catcher.

As usual you make statements without seeming to watch games.  His last year was awful, he looked awful, no burst, no elusiveness, 3.1 ypc and all of this for the 2013 season.

RB's hit the wall fast and the fact that no one has picked him up supports my comments better than yours, but then again in your way of thinking Sanchez should be a solid starter in this league.

If rice was still a really good back he would be playing right now.  (See AP, Greg friggin Hardy last year, etc etc.)  If you can play teams will pat you on the head and give you a 2nd chance, if you can't play you are doomed.

17 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Why not take a flyer?

Rice wasn't effective his last year with Ravens, and hasn't played in what will be 3 seasons. RB is also not the position we need to be exploring for help at least not unless they are young to mid 20's.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As usual you make statements without seeming to watch games.  His last year was awful, he looked awful, no burst, no elusiveness, 3.1 ypc and all of this for the 2013 season.

RB's hit the wall fast and the fact that no one has picked him up supports my comments better than yours, but then again in your way of thinking Sanchez should be a solid starter in this league.

If rice was still a really good back he would be playing right now.  (See AP, Greg friggin Hardy last year, etc etc.)  If you can play teams will pat you on the head and give you a 2nd chance, if you can't play you are doomed.

as usual you have no idea what you are talking about.  He was PLAYING HURT, probably shouldn't have been playing at all.  he was TWENTY SIX years old, he didn't hit a wall.  every other season he was at or above 4.0 YPC, he was at 3.1 his last season b/c he was hurt and couldn't move.

his play has nothing to do w/ why he hasn't been given another chance, no team would be risking anything as far as on the field play by bringing him in.  he hasn't played b/c of the tape.  No tape and he misses a few games.

he EARNED his blackball from the league and he knows that but I am hopeful some team will give him a chance.  he can still contribute.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Rice wasn't effective his last year with Ravens, and hasn't played in what will be 3 seasons. RB is also not the position we need to be exploring for help at least not unless they are young to mid 20's.

he was hurt, he was just 26 years old and averaged 3.1 YPC.  we brought in 31 year old LT off of a 3.3 YPC season.  

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he was hurt, he was just 26 years old and averaged 3.1 YPC.  we brought in 31 year old LT off of a 3.3 YPC season.  

I noticed you have mentioned this a few times. Yes he was dealing with injuries at 26. So what that we brought in LT with a slightly better YPC. The point is the guy had his worst season the last one that he played in. Now hasn't played in what will be 3 years. We just brought in Forte, 1 year older and a far more effective RB over his career, which does not involve any seasons away for non-football related issues.

If you want to bring in a running back to give them a chance, sign Karlos Williams and move on from the  "sign ray rice farce"

Hell, I would even rather sign Kendall Hunter

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

I noticed you have mentioned this a few times. Yes he was dealing with injuries at 26. So what that we brought in LT with a slightly better YPC. The point is the guy had his worst season the last one that he played in. Now hasn't played in what will be 3 years. We just brought in Forte, 1 year older and a far more effective RB over his career, which does not involve any seasons away for non-football related issues.

If you want to bring in a running back to give them a chance, sign Karlos Williams and move on from the  "sign ray rice farce"

Hell, I would even rather sign Kendall Hunter

the LT example was one to prove that a player isn't done b/c they have one bad season.

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the LT example was one to prove that a player isn't done b/c they have one bad season.

That is how I took that comparison, but both players aren't the same and you can't assume because LT did well so would Rice, especially with him missing so much time. That is all I am saying. I would rather get a person in his younger to mid 20's that hasn't missed any time.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I can tell you her family stands behind him.  If it was my daughter I don't think I could forgive but they have.  he's doing good things in raising awareness, he understands he may never play again and knows a second chance isn't a given but behind the scenes he has worked hard to spread the message of what not to do, to not do what he did and whether he gets that chance or not he will continue to do that but if he does get that chance he will bring that message to many more people and it will be a good thing.

Sounds like she could use better parents.

Do you have a daughter?

37 minutes ago, Stark said:

That is how I took that comparison, but both players aren't the same and you can't assume because LT did well so would Rice, especially with him missing so much time. That is all I am saying. I would rather get a person in his younger to mid 20's that hasn't missed any time.

I don't assume anything, maybe Ray can't play anymore?  but to assume that isn't fair and to assume his career was done b/c of one down season isn't fair.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Not that it's an excuse but Brandon Marshall was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I root for the fact he is getting help and seems to be doing best he could.  I hate the prick when he drops passes though. 

that's great but he has a long history of DV incidents.  we have had many others through the years.  you can't root for one guy then say another doesn't deserve a second chance.  

I understand he may never get that chance and it's his own fault but we can't excuse our guys and bash others.  Brandon got a 4th or 5th chance and seems to be doing well now.  I'd like to see Ray get another shot.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that's great but he has a long history of DV incidents.  we have had many others through the years.  you can't root for one guy then say another doesn't deserve a second chance.  

I understand he may never get that chance and it's his own fault but we can't excuse our guys and bash others.  Brandon got a 4th or 5th chance and seems to be doing well now.  I'd like to see Ray get another shot.

I'm a very sensitive dude with three daughters that mean the world to me.  Matter of fact my oldest daughters boyfriend just asked my permission to  propose to her couple weeks ago. He told my daughter he was scared senseless. Funny thing is I totally adore the kid. Such a nice boy.  The video just makes me hate Ray Rice.  No way you ever do that.  No idea what Brandon did or didnt do, but if I saw it with my own eyes I would feel differently.  I was taught to believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I'm a very sensitive dude with three daughters that mean the world to me.  Matter of fact my oldest daughters boyfriend just asked my permission to  propose to her couple weeks ago. He told my daughter he was scared senseless. Funny thing is I totally adore the kid. Such a nice boy.  The video just makes me hate Ray Rice.  No way you ever do that.  No idea what Brandon did or didnt do, but if I saw it with my own eyes I would feel differently.  I was taught to believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

I 100% understand where you are coming from and I feel the same way.  If I didn't know the man I would probably say the same things but I do know him, I have met the family.  That doesn't mean I condone what he did, everyone including him knows it was despicable but as far as I know it's a one time incident.  any hint of a 2nd time and I don't think anyone around him would support him.  He understands he may never get a second chance and he knows he isn't owed a second chance but he would be grateful for one.  either way he will continue to not run from his major mistake and try to help others not make that mistake.  

Congrats w/ your daughter.

I 100% understand where you are coming from and I feel the same way.  If I didn't know the man I would probably say the same things but I do know him, I have met the family.  That doesn't mean I condone what he did, everyone including him knows it was despicable but as far as I know it's a one time incident.  any hint of a 2nd time and I don't think anyone around him would support him.  He understands he may never get a second chance and he knows he isn't owed a second chance but he would be grateful for one.  either way he will continue to not run from his major mistake and try to help others not make that mistake.  

Congrats w/ your daughter.

Actions of that magnitude are rarely, if ever, a one time thing.  While what we saw on video may have been the worst of it, it's almost unfathomable that it was the first time he put her hands on her.  That is the take not of a football fan, but of a professional with a history of evaluating children who have been the victim of physical abuse, sexual abuse, and severe neglect, and who has also worked with perpetrators and victims of child abuse and intimate partner violence.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Actions of that magnitude are rarely, if ever, a one time thing.  While what we saw on video may have been the worst of it, it's almost unfathomable that it was the first time he put her hands on her.  That is the take not of a football fan, but of a professional with a history of evaluating children who have been the victim of physical abuse, sexual abuse, and severe neglect, and who has also worked with perpetrators and victims of child abuse and intimate partner violence.

I sure hope it's not, there is no evidence to suggest it has happened before or since.  

I sure hope it's not, there is no evidence to suggest it has happened before or since.  

There isn't evidence.  And I'm not condemning him for what's happened before the tape.  I'm pointing out that you calling him beating the crap out of her in an elevator a "one time thing" as naive.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Did I say that?

Please provide any shred of evidence that Brandon Marshall did anything on the level of Ray Rice.

his long rap sheet is a million times worse than ray's one bad incident.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

There isn't evidence.  And I'm not condemning him for what's happened before the tape.  I'm pointing out that you calling him beating the crap out of her in an elevator a "one time thing" as naive.

there's nothing to suggest it was more than one time but I am connected to him so I am 100% biased.  

47 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You're dredging this defense of your friend up again?

There's no proof that Brandon did what he was accused of, other than when he was stabbed.  Nothing we've ever seen on video.  Nothing but that doesnt stop you from going with the 2 wrongs somehow make a right defense

We have video of this POS, that's what he is, beating down his fiance.  I think its made worse that shes a typical victim defending her attacker.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're dredging this defense of your friend up again?

There's no proof that Brandon did what he was accused of, other than when he was stabbed.  Nothing we've ever seen on video.  Nothing but that doesnt stop you from going with the 2 wrongs somehow make a right defense

We have video of this POS, that's what he is, beating down his fiance.  I think its made worse that shes a typical victim defending her attacker.  

I get it, fans will defend "their guys" no matter what but if Brandon was still on the dolphins you'd tell me how awful he is and everything he did.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I get it, fans will defend "their guys" no matter what but if Brandon was still on the dolphins you'd tell me how awful he is and everything he did.

No, you never get it.

You're complaining that I'm defending the guy I like.  The guy you brought up to defend the guy you love.  The your guy sucks so lets sign my POS routine.  And you back that up by making shlt up that you think I would say if he played for a different team. 

Dont put words in peoples mouths.  Quit, the guy youre defending was seen by all.

Once again you've hijacked a thread arguing about your guy and taking down a Jet player to make yours look better

Archived