Rappaport reports Fitz on short leash today.

Joe W. Namath

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

True, but he also played when the CBs could actually play. These days with rampant PI calls, illegal contact, and rules that favor the passing game..... Well, context is everything. 

So are your lame excuses.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Powpow said:

That avatar you pose is a guy who threw 6 ints 3 times in his career.   You don't dump your starting QB over one bad performance.  Especially for a QB who had the worst qb rating for the 2 years he started and has shown no progress whatsoever. 

Geno actually did show some progress. Whether it's because he set the bar so low in his rookie season or not, I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Geno actually did show some progress. Whether it's because he set the bar so low in his rookie season or not, I'm not sure.

If you call his QB rating going up from 66% to 77% in his 2 years then I guess that's progress.  Anyone else in NFL circles calls it deplorable. And its not just what he had to work with etc etc etc. He's never had the confidence of his coaches or teammates, even in West Virginia. There are so many instances of his lack of leadership and common sense that it boggles the mind.      

6 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You say that like I care. Fitz sucks too. What did I start? You started with insults. I merely pointed out the Namath played in a different time. 

Your response was passive aggressive. I hate that sh*t.  Point is Namath had his share of bad days like any other QB. Geno is consistently bad.  I'd rather have Sanchez than that turd.

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Embrace Fitz. Or go root for Geno's next team. Hint hint. It wont be the Jets.  

I root for the team not individual players. When players underwhelm they underwhelm and I have no problem pointing it out. Once again you bring up Geno, and I haven't. It seems you're the one with a Geno infatuation. Do you need a safe space with the rest of the rah rah I'm a blind optimist fans?  

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I root for the team not individual players. When players underwhelm they underwhelm and I have no problem pointing it out. Once again you bring up Geno, and I haven't. It seems you're the one with a Geno infatuation. Do you need a safe space with the rest of the rah rah I'm a blind optimist fans?  

ok good for you see ya

Archived