The Cycle goes around again.

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, phill1c said:

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your argument. You're saying that the jets are rebuilding?

Yes, but because of the market that they are in and that the fanbase will revolt if they openly do it, they have to do it under the guise of competing. That's why they signed all the veterans on short term deals.

Idzik tried to do a full rebuild, but his crappiness at drafting and bad look got him canned.

Maccagnan is a much better drafter than Idzik.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes, but because of the market that they are in and that the fanbase will revolt if they openly do it, they have to do it under the guise of competing. That's why they signed all the veterans on short term deals.

Well, that just doesn't make any sense then. You don't sign vets if you're rebuilding. And most 10-6 teams don't let their Hold The Fort QB hold them hostage if they don't really expect to be competing.

Try again. Better yet. think before trying again.

Just now, munchmemory said:

Fuk me. My wife and I were screaming at first.  Then just sitting there stunned that we were once agin watching our team play like they were lost in the woods.  I've got over 50 years invested in these idiots. lol

Sorry to hear that. I've only got about 30+

Just now, phill1c said:

Well, that just doesn't make any sense then. You don't sign vets if you're rebuilding. And most 10-6 teams don't let their Hold The Fort QB hold them hostage if they don't really expect to be competing.

Try again. Better yet. think before trying again.

You still dont get it. The 10-6 season was not supposed to be the plan. They got by on a soft schedule and now fans expected the moon. So they had to resign Fitzpatrick, otherwise fans would be going WTF? So they signed him on a 1 year deal.

How can you not see that? It logically fits with everything

You still dont get it. The 10-6 season was not supposed to be the plan. They got by on a soft schedule and now fans expected the moon. So they had to resign Fitzpatrick, otherwise fans would be going WTF? So they signed him on a 1 year deal.

How can you not see that? It logically fits with everything

I don't see the logic in deviating from a plan because of fan worry. Half the fans were saying WTF are they even contemplating Fitzpatrick when he sucks and is a choker.

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And it pisses me off because I think the Jets are rebuilding the right way in this town. Seem competitive to keep the fanbase happy and quietly get in new talent so that a young core can be formed.

They get a coach who is the total opposite of Rex personality wise, and everybody loves the hire. Media loves it and fans love it.

Now in year 2, Fans want to dump the coach and are questioning the GM.

Woody, because he listens to fans, will fire both of them and then they will start all over again. Same cycle different year. All because the fanbase will not accept a full rebuild like other teams do. 

Pisses me off because they are doing it the right way and impatient fans will force them out. Bowles should at least get 3 years. By that time, enough young talent will be here so that when a coaching change is made, the transition can be made easily

You should be banned and forced in a chat room with Tx for the rest of the year.

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are stupid and insane.  This teams actions have not been about a rebuild at all.  We signed a ton of vets this off season thus cutting down on comp picks next year.  We drafted a 1st rounder meant to be a help right now, we signed all sorts of vet secodnary guys last year.  we have done nothing to upgrade the oline with youth.  We have clung onto a limited boom bust vet qb.

Come back and talk to use when we actually do rebuild. 

B. Marshall, Eric Decker, Enunwa, Peake, Anderson, J. Marshall, D. Smith.

What did our lineup look like three seasons ago? We can not rebuild every position in one or two seasons but to say we are  not building for the future when we are stocking up on young players who just happen to be behind some talented veteran players is silly. We are rebuilding the offensive line and Corner positions need to be addressed for sure though.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I don't see the logic in deviating from a plan because of fan worry. Half the fans were saying WTF are they even contemplating Fitzpatrick when he sucks and is a choker.

This is a fanbase who got their GM fired by hiring billboards on Route 80 and flying banners over practice. Dont underestimate the insanity of this fanbase

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

THERE IS NO REBUILDING IN THE NFL. PERIOD. NOT IN A SALARY CAP ERA. NOT WHEN YOU CAN'T REALLY LOCK PLAYERS UP FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. THE JETS EXPECTED TO WIN...MORE THAN THEY ARE.

+1 

There is no rebuilding in the NFL and that counts double in NYC. Win or get out. Bowles will have his tenure and maybe this year is not his year... but he better put up W's or he will be a defensive coordinator for a team before he knows it.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

+1 

There is no rebuilding in the NFL and that counts double in NYC. Win or get out. Bowles will have his tenure and maybe this year is not his year... but he better put up W's or he will be a defensive coordinator for a team before he knows it.

Then the team, barring lucky break, will be in limbo forever.

This is a fanbase who got their GM fired by hiring billboards on Route 80 and flying banners over practice. Dont underestimate the insanity of this fanbase

NO, the owner saw that his GM knew nothing except caponomics and his coach was 4-12 and out of the playoffs for 4 years. Fans doing stupid things didn't really enter into it.

NBA has a salary cap and you can rebuild there

this isn't the NBA.

I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST YET ANOTHER TYPE OF CYCLE THAT THE JETS ENGAGE IN PLEASE HUMOUR ME, NIGEL

1. Jets fire sh*t coach/GM.

2. Media attributes literally every historical failing of the Jets franchise to this one sh*t coach/GM.

3. Jets hire new sh*t coach/GM.

4. Media, seeking access to said coach's/GM's off-the-record group texts, proclaims new sh*t coach/GM is infinitely better than prior sh*t coach/GM.

5. Dim fans believe new sh*t coach/GM is infinitely better than old sh*t coach/GM and set out to chide other fans for being skeptical.

6. Dim fans buy tickets, swag, retweet blog posts from beat writers extolling virtues of New Jets Regime.

7. Three years pass, new sh*t coach/GM gets fired, entirety of every historical failing of Jets franchise attributed to said coach/GM.

8. See #1.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

We need the lucky break of hitting on a quarterback. You know.... like every other good team in the NFL..

In that case, would you rather be the Colts who have Andrew Luck and nobody else, or would you rather be the Eagles, with a rookie QB in a great spot with talent around him

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

In that case, would you rather be the Colts who have Andrew Luck and nobody else, or would you rather be the Eagles, with a rookie QB in a great spot with talent around him

The Colts are the anomaly of teams that happen to have a quarterback and suck. That's because they are completely inept in the front office and ownership.

The Eagles never rebuilt. They were good with Chip Kelly and then they were bad. A year later they hit on the quarterback and now they are good to go again.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

The Colts are the anomaly of teams that happen to have a quarterback and suck. That's because they are completely inept in the front office and ownership.

The Eagles never rebuilt. They were good with Chip Kelly and then they were bad. A year later they hit on the quarterback and now they are good to go again.

49ers sucked for most of the 2000s. Got some young talent to develop. Boom they're off to the Super Bowl.

Seahawks were bad after 2006. Got some young defensive talent. Drafted Russell Wilson. Boim Super Bowl

Archived