Forte on Fitz

AFJF

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, like trying to discern between farts... they all stink

LOL.  I don't mind the target practice, it keeps me sharp.  I'm off to Hong Kong in a few weeks so I'm going to miss out on all the 1-5 drama, I'm compensating now.

SAR I

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

LOL.  I don't mind the target practice, it keeps me sharp.  I'm off to Hong Kong in a few weeks so I'm going to miss out on all the 1-5 drama, I'm compensating now.

SAR I

Hahaha... That's how I look at it too... many ask me why I string the dummies along so much, and I basically look at it like... I can't help myself, it keeps me sharp, and why not?

12 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Wouldn't expect anything else from you. A guy named integrity who wanted to suck for luck and any other QB coming out of college. Yeah, you keep that up. 

Wait, you think that's a bad strategy?

You don't think that Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariotta on this team would be better than Ryan Fitzpatrick?  Because all numbnuts Geno Smith needed to do was not win the f-cking Titans and Dolphins games in his supposed "awesome perfect passer rating" 2014 swan song and we wouldn't be discussing dead cats on the highway right now.

SAR I

When do we get to the Petty part?  

It's when the haters try to tell us that Bryce will ride in on a white horse and magically be ready to play against Arizona despite the fact he's a 3rd string QB that hasn't practiced in a month and a half.

I like that story.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's when the haters try to tell us that Bryce will ride in on a white horse and magically be ready to play against Arizona despite the fact he's a 3rd string QB that hasn't practiced in a month and a half.

I like that story.

Indeed. Following the practice injury reports, Petty hasn't participated since preseason. 

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

I like that story.

Bryce Petty is the go too person for Fitzpatrick supporters when all else fails. 

Anyway, Forte is being a good teammate by not throwing his teammate under the bus. When your QB throws 9 picks in 2 games I highly doubt you're "confident" in him. 

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hahaha... That's how I look at it too... many ask me why I string the dummies along so much, and I basically look at it like... I can't help myself, it keeps me sharp, and why not?

Truth is, anything beats discussing the Pittsburgh game, I don't think there has been a single post on the topic.  I may go pumpkin picking at 1:00 on Sunday.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Truth is, anything beats discussing the Pittsburgh game, I don't think there has been a single post on the topic.  I may go pumpkin picking at 1:00 on Sunday.

SAR I

yea... the combination of Brandon Marshall betting Antonio Brown about receiving yards in the preseason... and Revis tucking his tail between his legs and skipping this one... it's going to be a horror show

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

I like that story.

I have a theory that says we never get to the Petty part.  I've looked at the schedule and it supports sticking with Fitzpatrick for the duration.

1-6 start.  6-1 middle.  0-2 finish.

At the very moment the hard games stop and we are not yet mathematically eliminated up comes a cherry schedule just ripe for Fitzpatrick.  Then sitting at 7-7 we have a prayer at a wildcard and we go 0-2.

It will take a brave Woody Johnson to flip that script.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, August said:

Anyway, Forte is being a good teammate by not throwing his teammate under the bus. When your QB throws 9 picks in 2 games I highly doubt you're "confident" in him. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick did not throw 9 picks in 2 games.  He threw 1 pick in 2 games.

(See how easy that is?)

SAR I

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I doubt we see Petty before the Cleveland Game, or even the Rams Game at home.  

It'll be Fitz till then, good or bad.

His injury was never really confirmed, and it was his throwing shoulder. If Petty really is the future they need to make sure he's healthy. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

yea... the combination of Brandon Marshall betting Antonio Brown about receiving yards in the preseason... and Revis tucking his tail between his legs and skipping this one... it's going to be a horror show

And, of course, the fact that the Steelers are 30th against the pass which means we should have a field day against their secondary.  Oh baby, we know what that means.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

And, of course, the fact that the Steelers are 30th against the pass which means we should have a field day against their secondary.  Oh baby, we know what that means.

SAR I

Balls like Favre, arm like Pennington. Lock, load... explode.

35 minutes ago, August said:

Bryce Petty is the go too person for Fitzpatrick supporters when all else fails. 

If we replaced Fitz with Geno right now, do you think....

1. That Geno would lead us to the playoffs?

2. That Geno would play well enough to earn being resigned here?

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

3. He plays OK and the offense is more diverse.

• We see the occasional deep ball completion.
  • We see the occasional unnecessary sack.
  • We get a TRUE evaluation of the OL and the WRs.

9 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Doesn't answer the question asked.

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

(See how easy that is?)

SAR I

Please expound on what you're talking about. 

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I can't answer any of that all I know is that benching Fitzpatrick after throwing 9 picks sends the message of accountability. 

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

(See how easy that is?)

SAR I

3 minutes ago, August said:

Sure, happy to.

Ryan Fitzpatrick played the Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills and in those 2 games he threw 1 interception which is very good for a starting NFL quarterback.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sure, happy to.

Ryan Fitzpatrick played the Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills and in those 2 games he threw 1 interception which is very good for a starting NFL quarterback.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

SAR I

this confirms my suspicions about you. You are a troll. 

2 minutes ago, August said:

this confirms my suspicions about you. You are a troll. 

Why?

Because I choose to look at Game 1 and Game 2 and you choose to look at Game 3 and Game 4?  Or because I'm better at the internet than you are?  I know that's two questions, but please expound on what you're talking about.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Even if Geno plays well, he's not returning here, because 1% of the fanbase has jerked him off on twitter enough to convince him that his feelings of being slighted by the Jets are echoed in the sentiment of the fans. 

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

These are two reasons that you make a QB change, to make the playoffs... or to see if the guy can be the future QB.

28 minutes ago, phill1c said:

This. I don't know what this is. It's not a reason to do anything... seeing an occasional unnecessary sack? Evaluating other position groups, rather than QB the most important position? 

LOL wow.

14 minutes ago, August said:

I can't answer any of that all I know is that benching Fitzpatrick after throwing 9 picks sends the message of accountability. 

So, you don't care about figuring out who the QB of the future is, or making the playoffs... just that someone be held accountable, because it's an ESPN Sportcenter cliché?

19 minutes ago, August said:

I can't answer any of that

Then you can't make a cogent argument as to why Geno Smith should play.

Because there ARE only two reason to play Geno now:  to have a better shot at winning now and making the postseason, and/or because you believe he'll play so well he will earn a new contract.

If you don't think he can do both of those things, there is no reason to play him before playing Petty once Petty is healthy.

Given the Front Office clearly plans to go with Fitz a bit longer, this aligns with their actions as well.

Just now, SAR I said:

Damn, and I was trying so hard to just be labeled a racist.

SAR I

It's okay, I'm sure both of us have been categorized as such already. Amazingly, one of these thin-skinned little fellas will bring it up to you, or I, in a couple years from now. I mean, I grew a rally beard and mentioned it here, and I have one guy that routinely brings it up every time I play the B-flat chord of his insecurity. There are other guys that throw things at me from all the way back on JI, where I stopped posting probably 5 years ago. 

Internet hurt feelings stay hurt FOREVER.

Just now, Warfish said:

Then you can't make a cogent argument as to why Geno Smith should play.

Because there ARE are two reason to play Geno now:  to have a better shot at winning now and making the postseason, and/or because you believe he'll play so well he will earn a new contract.

If you don't think he can do both of those things, there is no reason to play him before playing Petty once Petty is healthy.

Given the Front Office clearly plans to go with Fitz a bit longer, this aligns with their actions as well.

Kablooey!!!!

I like how you walked him right into that one. It was so not subtle that it almost makes it like an extra insult that he didn't see it coming. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Definitely.  The one thing that always gets overlooked is this:

The Jets are headed to 1-5 and it's entirely Geno Smith's fault.

Geno Smith was supposed to be our franchise quarterback.  He busted.  The only reason 34 year old journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the roster is because Geno Smith isn't good enough.  Had Geno Smith done his job, worked harder, acted like a leader, and prepared better he would be our quarterback, we wouldn't have had to burn draft picks on Petty or Hack, we'd have a better secondary, we'd have a better record. 

When your franchise quarterback prospect busts, you don't blame the journeyman band aid brought in to make a go of it; you blame the bust.

SAR I

Wait, what? Sarcasm right? I honestly can't tell if you're serious or sarcasm. Your posts have been that bad.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Indeed. Following the practice injury reports, Petty hasn't participated since preseason. 

Yeah, but I've seen enough to be happy with the idea of him playing.

Fitz has missed too many passes for my taste. I've grown very very tires of the inaccuracy. Even many of his completions are misses!! WRs need to reach all over the damn place and/or adjust their routes just to have a shot at catching it. 

At 1-4, 1-5 please give me petty.

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, you don't care about figuring out who the QB of the future is, or making the playoffs... just that someone be held accountable, because it's an ESPN Sportcenter cliché?

My reasons for playing Geno is because the starting QB has played poorly in 3 out of the 4 games this season. And that there will be accountability for poor play. If Geno goes in and plays well then great if not you can always go back to Fitzpatrick or play Petty if he's healthy enough. 

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Kablooey!!!!

I like how you walked him right into that one. It was so not subtle that it almost makes it like an extra insult that he didn't see it coming. 

You girls are pretending to be in a tag team matchup it seems. Its only been 2 games and yall have lost your sanity. Sort of like how Tyresse dies in Walking Dead. Oh yeah, thats right. Y'all only watch "Orange is the new black". 

Just now, August said:

My reasons for playing Geno is because the starting QB has played poorly in 3 out of the 4 games this season. And that there will be accountability for poor play. If Geno goes in and plays well then great if not you can always go back to Fitzpatrick or play Petty if he's healthy enough. 

You've yet to provide an argument for Geno playing over Petty.  

Presuming Fitz continues to sh*t the bed, accountability would be assessed when Fitz was replaced by Petty.

Petty has a future here in New York.  Geno Smith clearly and unquestionably does not.  

So again, unless Geno can 1. get us to the playoffs AND 2. Earn himself a new Jets Contract, the JETS gain nothing from playing him.

Once the season is lost, the only purpose from a Front Office perspective is planning for 2017 and beyond.  Geno does not exist in those plans.

Archived