Forte on Fitz

AFJF

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I may, no matter if you want to continue starting Fitz or bring Geno in for a change of pace or even give Petty some starting experience.
The term " Fitz gives us the best chance to win" or Fitz still give us the best chance to win, seems nothing more then a "company line".
Face it ,the rehiring of Fitz was player and media driven. The little walk outs and constant "the Jets must resign Fitz on all the offseason football programming about the Jets, got us to this point.
Many, many people are going to look very foolish the minute Fitz is benched for either QB. This is why I believe you continue to hear the same line from coaches and players alike.
Some very high up decision makers mistakenly judged Fitz performance last year against a very soft schedule and actual great performances by his WR's as the answer to who would be the bridge to the younger QB's being able to take the reins.
It is my humble belief that those in charge will ride out the storm in hopes that the easier part of the schedule will justify resigning Fitz. Thus allowing these said decision makers to get thru the season without too
much egg on there faces
Yet, I fear the book has been open on Fitz and our offense, a perfect blueprint on how to take away what he can do best is now film for even the lesser teams to use
So that even the softer schedule will not produce the hope for results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Forgive me, but did I respond to this already?  All of your posts look the same so I don't know if I've got this covered or not.

Fitzpatrick cost us the Kansas City game, no question.  But he played well enough to go 3-1.  He had the Bengals game won at the two minute warning.  He won the Bills game going away.  He could have won the Seahawks game if the D did their jobs.  These beliefs are not "blind bias"; these beliefs are based on facts.

SAR I

I don't know about that.  He only led the offense to 17 points (7 on a flukey play).  That's usually not good enough to win.

1 hour ago, August said:

How you answer my question with a question?

Because, the question you asked was dense - and already answered within the statement you quoted. So, since I've already provided sufficient explanation, it's on you to counter, not ask me to explain what I just explained.

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I don't know about that.  He only led the offense to 17 points (7 on a flukey play).  That's usually not good enough to win.

I don't disagree, but what I will say is that our defense is supposed to be Top 5 caliber and the Seahawks OL and QB last week were supposed to be Bottom 25 caliber.  I've seen plenty of elite defenses rise to the occasion and provide enough stoppage, turnovers, and field position to win a very low scoring game.

That aside, Fitzpatrick played a good game into the 4th quarter against the best Secondary in the NFL and did so with Matt Forte held to 27 rushing yards.  There is just so much a journeyman quarterback can do.

SAR I

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

You've yet to provide an argument for Fitz playing over anyone on the roster. 

Nor do I need to.  He played himself out of the job IMO.

Next man up approach. And thats Geno right now. 

Which is why Bowles refuses to make the obvious change.

Petty hasn't seen the NFL yet. Geno has played well since he's had half decent cast around him. 

Lol.  YOu actually believe Geno has played well, thats funny.

And why is Fitz starting again? Just curious to know why you agree with Fitz being the starter at this point.

I don't agree, as it were.  As I've said repeatedly, he has earned a seat.

But he won't be sat, because Geno is worse.  Not because I think so, but because Bowles and Chan and Macc think so.

So the answer is "Fitz is starting because Petty isn't ready yet". 

Then why not play Hack?

Because he's years away from being close to ready?  

You're going to be a very angry fan, it seems, if Petty gets a shot.

Your excuses about Geno not playing is totally wrong. Bowles and Macc are saving their faces after paying $12mil to Fitz and seeing how that entire sh*tshow is exploding right infront of their eyes. 

In your opinion, one held by a very small subset of Geno obsessed fans.

In the real world, Coaches and GM's play the players they think help them the most, as in win games.  And they know thats not Geno.

Some folks simply refuse to see reality for what it is.  

If you're right, we'll see Geno....soon.  If you're wrong, we won't see him at all.

So we'll see.

4 hours ago, phill1c said:

And if Fitz were halfway decent he would have a playoff game on his resume. He doesn't.

We all know this.  Fitz is a bottom tier quarterback.  Yet he's our best option because Geno Smith f-cked this team by busting. 

Let me ask you-  You're not mad?  That doesn't upset you like it does millions of Jets fans?  Geno screwed us in '13, screwed us in '14, and is screwing us again in '15 because Ryan Fitzpatrick shouldn't be on this team and Geno couldn't prevent that last year and he can't prevent it this year.  Geno is our problem.  Busted franchise prospects crush a team.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Then you can't make a cogent argument as to why Geno Smith should play.

Because there ARE only two reason to play Geno now:  to have a better shot at winning now and making the postseason, and/or because you believe he'll play so well he will earn a new contract.

If you don't think he can do both of those things, there is no reason to play him before playing Petty once Petty is healthy.

Given the Front Office clearly plans to go with Fitz a bit longer, this aligns with their actions as well.

Or the simplest reason, he may play better than Fitz.  We dont need to decide the rest.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Which is why Bowles refuses to make the obvious change.

Or the $12 mil issue. Agree to disagree. We are doing circles.

Lol.  YOu actually believe Geno has played well, thats funny.

Just saying that's funny doesn't make you right. No one claimed him to be the next Brady, of course, but show me why you think he did not play well in his last 4-5 games. Please refrain from "meaningless games" excuse because those games are meaningless only for the fans, not the players playing it. When you have an answer, we can debate on it. Else, if it's the same excuse, we can agree to disagree again.

But he won't be sat, because Geno is worse.  Not because I think so, but because Bowles and Chan and Macc think so.

Again, the $12mil issue that we will agree to disagree.

Because he's years away from being close to ready?  

You learn more on the job as opposed to in a room. 

You're going to be a very angry fan, it seems, if Petty gets a shot.

That's where we disagree on (shocking!). If Petty plays, I'll be behind him to do well. Problem is, you think I'm a blind Geno fan. I'm not. I feel Geno can be salvaged and can give us a better year than any other QB on the team. If Petty proves me wrong, I have no issues with that.

In your opinion, one held by a very small subset of Geno obsessed fans.

In the real world, Coaches and GM's play the players they think help them the most, as in win games.  And they know thats not Geno.

He won 8 as a rookie. It's not a question of whether he can win or not. Rather, did we bend over backwards and made a fool of ourselves while trying to sign him? 

Some folks simply refuse to see reality for what it is.  

I'm not infatuated by preseason play by a QB that was in the verge of being cut only a few practices before the preseason. 

If you're right, we'll see Geno....soon.  If you're wrong, we won't see him at all.

So we'll see.

Oh if I'm right, we won't see Geno. If I'm wrong ($12mil issue), then we will see Geno.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Because, the question you asked was dense - and already answered within the statement you quoted. So, since I've already provided sufficient explanation, it's on you to counter, not ask me to explain what I just explained.

You said my statement was "shortsighted" I'm asking you how was my statement "shortsighted"?

4 hours ago, August said:

You said my statement was "shortsighted" I'm asking you how was my statement "shortsighted"?

You are going out of your way to make your JN teammates dislike you. I can see why you're a Geno Smith fan. 

SAR I

12 hours ago, Pac said:

Works for me. 

That's what the blowhards can't seem to grasp.  All anyone is saying is they'd like to see if Geno has matured.  It would be nice to see something other than a screen, 7 yard slant, or backshoulder 50/50 ball in the playbook.

How many times do we have to see guys slow down, contort themselves, and try and jump through the defender to catch a ball?

Matured?  Ha ha ha. That's a good one. 

Twitter jabs at Jets management. Twitter whining about teammates. Media boycotts.  Anti-Jets Bleacher Report interviews.  Public pouting. 

Mature. Yeah.

SAR I

6 hours ago, August said:

Yes, and when I said so, it made clear why. So, again, if you want to unpack this further, then demonstrate how it is not shortsighted. I've already made my point.im not restating it because you're dense.

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, and when I said so, it made clear why. So, again, if you want to unpack this further, then demonstrate how it is not shortsighted. I've already made my point.im not restating it because you're dense.

I'm not playing these mental gymnastics with you so forget it. 

39 minutes ago, August said:

I'm not playing these mental gymnastics with you so forget it. 

It's not gymnastics.

In my response, I stated that you were being shortsighted and said why.

You asked me to explain what is shortsighted.I referenced my original comment and told you to explain what isn't shortsighted. Because my explanation is already there.

Really not a brain buster.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It's not gymnastics.

In my response, I stated that you were being shortsighted and said why.

You asked me to explain what is shortsighted.I referenced my original comment and told you to explain what isn't shortsighted. Because my explanation is already there.

Really not a brain buster.

I asked you how am I being "shortsighted"? But I'll entertain this further. Number 1, based on your position there is nothing I can say that will change your mind about him, so what's the point? Which leads me to number 2, once you make the switch to Geno everything else will work itself out. If Geno plays well enough and the team manages to go 7-9/8-8 after a 1-4 start its obvious they have to keep him. As a bonus if he somehow leads us to the playoffs even better. If he plays poorly or is so so you can always go back to Fitzpatrick or if Petty is healthy enough you switch to him. Playing Geno is pretty much accomplishing several things. You're replacing your starting QB who's struggling. You're hoping he can provide a spark, you're seeing if he can show you if he could be the long term answer at QB, and you're getting a final verdict on him.  

If this still doesn't answer your question then I don't k ow what will.

Archived