Does anyone believe Revis is hurt?

Matt39

I don't think he's faking the injury like he did in the 2010 or 2012 OTAs

( ?-IIRC, this was when it was known he wanted a new deal and faked a headache or something).

To insinuate such is pretty absurd. 

I think what annoys fans is that his nonchalant attitude and low key delivery. It's COMPLETELY the opposite of the NY Jets overactive and emotional fanbase. Jet Fans probably want him to be more vocal and urgent since we're 1-3 while Revis will continue to be mellow, that's his ModusOperendi. He's not showing emotion the way fans want so now they believe he's either mailing it in or faking injuries. C'mon?!?! It's week 5!!!

Jets' Darrelle Revis 'optimistic' he can play vs. Steelers, not listening to critics

-251cc651d390d594.JPG

FLORHAM PARK — Darrelle Revis hasn't practiced a lick this week. So, the Jets listed the cornerback, who is dealing with a hamstring injuryas doubtful for Sunday's game against the Steelers. In all likelihood, he won't play. 

Just don't tell him that. 

"I'm staying optimistic," Revis said by his locker Friday. "At this point, I've just got to continue working on it and trying to get better." 

Revis originally tweaked his hamstring late in the third quarter of last Sunday's loss to the Seahawks. He was removed from the game, and replaced by rookie Juston Burris. On Monday, head coach Todd Bowles expressed optimism Revis would be able to return this weekend. 

Since then, though, Revis' chances of taking the field have taken on a much more pessimistic tone. 

"We'll see what he looks like pregame," Bowles said Friday. "Right now, he's doubtful. Unless he has a full-speed recovery, he will remain doubtful. 

Revis said he still hasn't tried to sprint, cut or cover anyone since his injury. He hasn't done any team drills, and his workload in practice has consisted of stretching with the team, then some jogging with trainers. 

Right now, he's trying to weigh the pros and cons of returning early, or waiting until fully healed. If he tried to rush himself back, there's a chance he could do further damage to his hamstring. 

"That could be a possibility," Revis said. "It's still a long season. I'm trying to be optimistic about this. We'll see, come Sunday, if I'm back. 

"Sometimes, I come in here and feel good. Sometimes, I come in here and I might still be sore. We'll see what the coaches think these next couple of days and go from there."

While Revis' hamstring may be causing the cornerback pain, his play has hurt many of those that watch the Jets. 

According to ProFootballFocus.com, opposing quarterbacks are completing 81 percent of their passes when targeting Revis, who has allowed 235 passing yards. As a result, critics from all over have started to throw shot after shot Revis' way. They say he's not the same player. When you take into consideration his $17 million price tag this year, it's easy to say he's overpaid, too. 

Revis said he doesn't take the new-found criticism personally, nor does he listen to much of it at all. He plays his game, and doesn't care what people think. 

"It's the world we live in," Revis said. "You take the good with the bad. The only thing you can do is keep on working. I'm not going to change anything I've been doing. That's what got me here. 

"I'm going to keep working. That's all I know. Keep working hard."

Connor Hughes may be reached at chughes@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @Connor_J_Hughes. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I actually agree with this.  Most over-rated Jet player in Jets history (close second, Namath).

Well your scouting report pretty much puts him in I'm,ediately.  

Another QB you have no clue about

5 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

2 biggest criteria the HOF voters use:

1) Stats
2) Rings

Revis comes up way short on both.

You're right about him coming up short on rings since the only one he has is tainted....really a shame...

Archived