Rex Ryan + Eric Mangini = Todd Bowles

Ghost

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm going to make a statement and you rebut it.

Other than Leonard Williams, Macc's only good draft pick is Lachlan Edwards, the punter.

It looks like one or more of the young wideouts might turn into something, but otherwise this is irrefutable.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Les Miles might be the worst in game adjustment coach, ever.  That said, he's got monster balls and will go for it and fake kicks like its going out of style.  And I like that about him.

However, I think he'd be a disaster in the NFL. 

You would be an upgrade at HC over Bowles

Just now, dbatesman said:

It looks like one or more of the young wideouts might turn into something, but otherwise this is irrefutable.

You'd have to list them first to have someone have a shot at refuting the claim. I think Lee is good. I think the jury's out on the ones that aren't playing, like Shell and Hackenburg. I think Burris shows potential.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

You would be an upgrade at HC over Bowles

Pretty much but I really dont know Special Teams very well.  So I couldnt full fill the role of Unicorn Head Coach that is perfect in all 3 phases that Jets fans demand and swear exists.  

Maybe if I'm hired I could give Westy a call and see if he wants to come back?  Then I think I could get the buy in from the team and the fanbase.

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Darron Lee looks good.  I think Lee and Williams are the future of this defense.  But yeah, other than those guys, a punter, possibly Jordan Jenkins and a couple of UDFA wide receivers, the Jets haven't done much.  I think Maccagnan has been hitting some singles with his pitches in the Draft.  He hasn't taken a single player yet that looks like he should have been drafted earlier.  You succeed in the Draft and jumpstart a rebuild by getting Round 2 talent in Round 5.  Jets haven't done that in a while.

But back to Bowles...if he can't figure out the best way to deploy his defense and he's standing up Richardson at OLB then the Jets should simply trade Richardson now to somebody like the Cowboys.  Dallas would probably overpay, they think they'll compete for the playoffs this year and their defensive line needs major help.  Putting Richardson at OLB isn't only taking place because he's one of the Top 4 defenders on the Defense and they want him on the field....it's because Mauldin hasn't stepped forward even an inch from last year.  In fact, he's regressed.  I'd trade Richardson for a 1 and a 3 if they could get it.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Darron Lee looks good.  I think Lee and Williams are the future of this defense.  But yeah, other than those guys, a punter, possibly Jordan Jenkins and a couple of UDFA wide receivers, the Jets haven't done much.  I think Maccagnan has been hitting some singles with his pitches in the Draft.  He hasn't taken a single player yet that looks like he should have been drafted earlier.  You succeed in the Draft and jumpstart a rebuild by getting Round 2 talent in Round 5.  Jets haven't done that in a while.

But back to Bowles...if he can't figure out the best way to deploy his defense and he's standing up Richardson at OLB then the Jets should simply trade Richardson now to somebody like the Cowboys.  Dallas would probably overpay, they think they'll compete for the playoffs this year and their defensive line needs major help.  Putting Richardson at OLB isn't only taking place because he's one of the Top 4 defenders on the Defense and they want him on the field....it's because Mauldin hasn't stepped forward even an inch from last year.  In fact, he's regressed.  I'd trade Richardson for a 1 and a 3 if they could get it.

Lee has played well this season so far.  Yeah he had trouble with Graham because he's 6'7 and would crap on any NFL lb

Williams has been borderline all-pro.  

Lee, Williams, the OL and Enunwa are the bright spots everything else sucks

22 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Lee has played well this season so far.  Yeah he had trouble with Graham because he's 6'7 and would crap on any NFL lb

Agreed, although I think the OLine only seems like a positive because the expectations were so low.  They've held up well but they're nothing better than average in the NFL.

Sadly, the Jets next rebuild will have to be done around the strength of this team....its punter. :blink:

It will be interesting to see what the Jets do. I have never seen them so non-competitive this early in a coaches tenure. I also don't remember such poor performance by players since the Herm era.

I personally would like to see Woody finally bite the bullet and go after a Coughlin or another experienced and proven coach.

48 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Bowles can't make adjustments in game.  He's like the Brian Schottenheimer of defensive playcallers

By adjustments, do you mean his QB can't score and his defense lays down in the 2nd half? 

I'm still putting this more on players than the coach... and it's not like I'm generous to coaches.

31 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Here's the thing; every TE is gonna be 6'5"or taller. You don't get credit for being short but fast   if you cannot cover the guys you need to cover. Which has been the issue from the beginning.

What I really can not put my head around is the giving up of the big play constantly. It is a weekly occurrence and one that hasn't really been addressed. I honestly don't remember a 5 game streak where every week there are huge plays given up and I have been following this team since 1982.

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

What I really can not put my head around is the giving up of the big play constantly. It is a weekly occurrence and one that hasn't really been addressed. I honestly don't remember a 5 game streak where every week there are huge plays given up and I have been following this team since 1982.

Image result for todd bowles pics

This is just a continuation of everything I have watched post al groh. Year one we over achieve and that ruins the rebuild because the new coach thinks he has "it." Then we have the regression year 2... in year 3 head coach is coaching for his job and any and all development is stopped in favor of trying to win games with old vets. Rex didn't have that happen cuz his gm went all in for 3 years. WHEN we hire a new head coach after next season I hope to god we go 2-14 year one

Archived