Dolphins beating steelers

kevinc855

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No head buried in the sand. I have a very clear and reciprocal relationship with the Jets. They quit on me, I quit on them.  A 1:00 nap seemed appropriate, I pulled a Revis I guess.

Geno Smith will be cut the moment Bryce Petty gets a start and Ryan Fitzpatrick is his backup, he'll have a better understanding of the pain he has put the franchise through on that day. 

SAR I

Jets will lose tomorrow and then again vs Baltimore.  Petty will then start vs the Browns and play out the rest of the season.  Finding out if petty can play is the only thing we have to look forward do in this disaster of a year.  Until the Cleveland game, nap away.

This is a good thing. This team is not a playoff team, we need the dolphins, browns, etc to start winning more games so we can get a better draft pick. Though, from what I've seen this is looking like a pretty terrible qb class which would be the most Jetsiest thing ever. Getting a high draft pick/number 1 pick in a draft with no standout qb.

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

I actually did the same thing today. I didnt take a nap for that long - but I did do some stuff around the house, the yard and I even went out for lunch. It was nice and stress free. I think I will do the same thing next Sunday too.

I'll be in China next Sunday, it's a matter or whether or not to stay awake until 4 AM to see if the Jets hold off the Ravens on the Slingbox.  I hope they give me a reason to on Monday night.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets will lose tomorrow and then again vs Baltimore.  Petty will then start vs the Browns and play out the rest of the season.  Finding out if petty can play is the only thing we have to look forward do in this disaster of a year.  Until the Cleveland game, nap away.

LOL, thanks.  I would love to see Petty but I have a different theory, goes like this: 

After the first 6 games in which we knew we'd be lucky to win 2, we go on a 7 game stretch against vastly different opponents, ones we can beat and build some needed confidence against.  These are precisely the teams that Ryan Fitzpatrick knows how to beat, if the defense steps up we could go 6-1 in that stretch, not much different than last year's mid-season run.

So the Jets brass will have two choices:

1.  Take the potential 6-1 run, wind up at 7-7 on Christmas week, sell a lot of Jets merchandise, keep season ticket holders feeling a modicum of optimism as we have a shred of hope to beat the Patriots and Bills in the final two weeks.

-or-

2.  Cut Geno, demote Fitzpatrick, give the keys to Petty and prepare for the future.  Accept a 2-5 run, see the team sitting at 3-11 at Christmas with no one buying anything, disgruntled season ticket holders, a ruined holiday and a tarnished brand.  See Rex Ryan march into MetLife in January and get the Gatorade bath to the wildcard in our stadium.

If you're Woody Johnson, what would you do?  That's right.  You stick with Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is no mentor he sucks dont want him washing dirty jocks holding a clip board here want him far away from this team.  Why hold onto the bum h e offers this team nothing. He cost us $12 million this season he isn't worth .12 cents. 

The money doesn't matter.

We are about to enter a 7 game stretch of games that are winnable for this defense and this quarterback.  Fitzpatrick keeps playing like he has been, puts up another 20 for 35 250 yards 1 TD 0 INT, he's not going anywhere.

SAR I

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

The money doesn't matter.

We are about to enter a 7 game stretch of games that are winnable for this defense and this quarterback.  Fitzpatrick keeps playing like he has been, puts up another 20 for 35 250 yards 1 TD 0 INT, he's not going anywhere.

SAR I

Yeah but the key is the D.  Until proven otherwise it's hard to have faith in them.

Even a loss tonight, though, might be an occasion to see the D improve.  I need to see M. Williams hold down his position against the Cards' passing attack, and Pryor not take bad angles. How about a pass rush?  Is that too much to ask for?

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Winning tomorrow night makes a statement to the NFL 

The NY Jets arent dead yet. 

I dunno man. Yes, winning tom. will make a statement. But even if they lose tom., what the Jets REALLY need to do to make a statement is make a run against the Ravens, Browns, Rams, and Dolphins, winning all of those games going into the bye to prepare for the Pats at home. That will make them 5-5 going into the bye with destiny in their own hands. And they can do that. With arguably the two weakest teams of the 4 on the road, two of the better teams (Ravens, Rams) at home. And none are really that good. 

And the thing is, even if they win in Arizona tonight, the Jets STILL need to go on a run and beat the Ravens, Browns, Rams, Dolphins b/c they still jave to play the Pats twice and finish off against a tough Bills team in week 17. Margin for error for the Jets top have a shot at the playoffs is razor thin.   

5 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

Yeah but the key is the D.  Until proven otherwise it's hard to have faith in them.

Even a loss tonight, though, might be an occasion to see the D improve.  I need to see M. Williams hold down his position against the Cards' passing attack, and Pryor not take bad angles. How about a pass rush?  Is that too much to ask for?

It's pretty crazy how badly the D is playing, they are due for an unexpected resurgence, perhaps tonight we get a few lucky breaks and don't give up bombs. 

SAR I

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's pretty crazy how badly the D is playing, they are due for an unexpected resurgence, perhaps tonight we get a few lucky breaks and don't give up bombs. 

SAR I

Well, I wish I had more confidence.  There's a lot of things that need to go right for this D to be a good one.

Archived