Our current situation started on Nov 8 2015

JohnnyLV

When Bowles went back to Fitz.

I said it then. Fitz was never the long term answer, and the Jets needed clarity at the QB position.

By starting Fitz we still have no answer at QB. Had we started Geno as we should have, and kept Fitz in the backup role he is marginally accetance at we would have had sone clarity on the QB position at this point.

The reality is that it does not matter if Geno has sucked. Fitz was never the answer, so it was critical to know if Geno was. Let's say he was terrible and never won a game. Well maybe we have Carson Wentz right now. Maybe the light goes on for Geno and we are sitting at 4 and 2 today

It was an insanely bad move. All it did was confirm Fitz is a complete fraud which was obvious back the too, and we have a shambles of a team and no idea what our QB situation is going forward.

Putting Fitz back in set us back 2 years. Re-signing him has destroyed the team and set us back 3.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.  I agree 100%.  It's been my contention since the second they traded for him and he started being referred to as the "conquering hero".  

You knew exactly what you were getting and it isnt anything good but just good enough to not do the right things and screw yourself long term.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jeeezus.  Did Fitz destroy your first marriage and prevent you from getting that big promotion too?  Just how much blame for our franchise's woes are going to be placed at the feet of a mediocre QB? 

Your conquering hero and the unwavering support from this jackass Head Coach has made this team a stick in the mud going absolutely nowhere.

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Don't make yourself look any stupider than you have looked over the past year or so.  I know it will be hard but you should try harder.

lol.  I supported a QB who had a very good season, and many here did as well.  And even now the hate has gone too far.  He was never as good as his numbers looked last year, nor is he as bad as he's been this year.  The truth is in the middle.  For a team with a good defense, he's fine.  This is not a good defense.  The blame falls partly with him, partly with the coaching, and partly with the awful defense.  But now everyone would like to put ALL the blame on Fitzpatrick and burn at the stake anyone who dared support him at any time last season.  It's pathetic, and misdirected hate.  And a lot of it is coming from the same people who are so sensitive whenever anyone says anything bad about Geno Smith. 

I, like most, would like to see Petty under center now.  He and Hackenberg will be our only QB's under contract next season. 

33 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

When Bowles went back to Fitz.

I said it then. Fitz was never the long term answer, and the Jets needed clarity at the QB position.

By starting Fitz we still have no answer at QB. Had we started Geno as we should have, and kept Fitz in the backup role he is marginally accetance at we would have had sone clarity on the QB position at this point.

The reality is that it does not matter if Geno has sucked. Fitz was never the answer, so it was critical to know if Geno was. Let's say he was terrible and never won a game. Well maybe we have Carson Wentz right now. Maybe the light goes on for Geno and we are sitting at 4 and 2 today

It was an insanely bad move. All it did was confirm Fitz is a complete fraud which was obvious back the too, and we have a shambles of a team and no idea what our QB situation is going forward.

Putting Fitz back in set us back 2 years. Re-signing him has destroyed the team and set us back 3.

So to be clear, and concise, you believe we simply cannot know if Geno is a Franchise QB yet, you feel you need to see more to make up your mind?

Just now, Warfish said:

So to be clear, and concise, you believe we simply cannot know if Geno is a Franchise QB yet, you feel you need to see more to make up your mind?

Not necessarily at this point. I would play Petty. But last year, yes Geno should have finished the year to see what he could be.

Just now, johnnysd said:

Not necessarily at this point. I would play Petty. But last year, yes Geno should have finished the year to see what he could be.

I too would play Petty once he is healthy and reasonably prepared.  

I too would play Geno from today till that moment.

However, I have no doubt in my mind what Geno is, was, and will be.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  I supported a QB who had a very good season, and many here did as well.  And even now the hate has gone too far.  He was never as good as his numbers looked last year, nor is he as bad as he's been this year.  The truth is in the middle.  For a team with a good defense, he's fine.  This is not a good defense.  The blame falls partly with him, partly with the coaching, and partly with the awful defense.  But now everyone would like to put ALL the blame on Fitzpatrick and burn at the stake anyone who dared support him at any time last season.  It's pathetic, and misdirected hate.  And a lot of it is coming from the same people who are so sensitive whenever anyone says anything bad about Geno Smith. 

I, like most, would like to see Petty under center now.  He and Hackenberg will be our only QB's under contract next season. 

He did not really have a good season last year if you really looked at his play. And yes he is as bad as he has looked this yesr, not in the middle.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was not referring to your post with my post I was referring to the op who has the history of idiotic and illogical posts re QBs.  I should have quoted him.

Cool. Another victory lap. I'm glad you guys are so excited about the lost season. I'm happy for you.

We'll just ignore the fact that the alternative you've been lobbying for is a lateral move. Wouldn't want that to take the shine off your moment.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cool. Another victory lap. I'm glad you guys are so excited about the lost season. I'm happy for you.

We'll just ignore the fact that the alternative you've been lobbying for is a lateral move. Wouldn't want that to take the shine off your moment.

Don't worry you guys will get your chance if Geno ever starts a game. The funny thing is his supporters have been constantly attacked and he hasn't even started a game this season. Now that Fitz is hopefully being rightfully put in his place (bench) its the Fitznuts turn to get piled on .

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jeeezus.  Did Fitz destroy your first marriage and prevent you from getting that big promotion too?  Just how much blame for our franchise's woes are going to be placed at the feet of a mediocre QB? 

I think his criticism is towards Bowles, not Fitz. Fitz is who he is. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Don't make yourself look any stupider than you have looked over the past year or so.  I know it will be hard but you should try harder.

He's got a point. Cut your nonsense and face the reality. Fitz was NEVER the answer and he proved it.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Don't worry you guys will get your chance if Geno ever starts a game. The funny thing is his supporters have been constantly attacked and he hasn't even started a game this season. Now that Fitz is hopefully being rightfully put in his place (bench) its the Fitznuts turn to get piled on .

The difference between me and the lot of you. I never wanted the chance. Geno playing football means the season is over. I don't root for that.

I would add that Fitz failing in no way whatsoever ratifies any of the pro-Geno arguments that have been made. Everything about Geno's history, plus his limited snaps last night, point to him being awful. 

So, when it's all said and done. You guys rooted for the season to go to sh*t, so you could spin it as being right about Fitz, while still being wrong about Geno.

This is what you call lose/lose. At the end of the day, I argued on behalf of sound logic. I'll always stand by that, regardless as to whether circumstances produced "broken clock" outcomes. 

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

How is that a victory lap? The alternative was $12mil cheaper. Try again, honey. And please don't report this post. 

Just now, j4jets said:

How is that a victory lap? The alternative was $12mil cheaper. Try again, honey. And please don't report this post. 

So, Geno gets paid $0 dollars? Or are you suggesting we have no QB at all.

You make it so easy.

He's a stop gap quarterback while we look for a long term solution. I really don't see how he set us back years... Geno wouldn't be starting and neither would Petty as Geno is surely not and Petty is probably not a long term option. Our quarterback would be Hoyer or McCown instead because a stopgap is as good as it's going to get until we find a young franchise qb.. and we don't have one on the roster.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

He's a stop gap quarterback while we look for a long term solution. I really don't see how he set us back years... Geno wouldn't be starting and neither would Petty as Geno is surely not and Petty is probably not a long term option. Our quarterback would be Hoyer or McCown instead because a stopgap is as good as it's going to get until we find a young franchise qb.. and we don't have one on the roster.

Geno has been an unsuccessful QB on this roster for 3.5 years. Fitz for 1.5 years.

Fitz is only here because Geno sucks. 

But yea, Fitz set us back. Logic.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Geno has been an unsuccessful QB on this roster for 3.5 years. Fitz for 1.5 years.

Replying only because this post was quoted. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been unsuccessful for his entire career 12 years. 

Carry on. 

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Something must've changed. 

Only time I ever rooted for us to lose out on the season was in the last couple weeks of 2013. You aren't making a point, and you certainly don't have the chutzpah to get under my skin. If you want to keep slamming your hand in the door, I'm happy to point and laugh.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, Geno gets paid $0 dollars? Or are you suggesting we have no QB at all.

You make it so easy.

lol do you need me to spell it out for you? I'll do since I know you have no clue what Im talking about. The reason why alternative, even if its a lateral move, was $12mil cheaper is because you don't sign Fitz. Mind blown right?

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Replying only because this post was quoted. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been unsuccessful for his entire career 12 years. 

Carry on. 

The statement was "he set us back for years". The word "us" implies the New York Jets. An American football team. 

10.5 of the years he's played are irrelevant to the statement. He's set us back exactly 0 years. Given that we had a winning record last year, when he had to be replace Geno. When a backup QB gives you 10 wins, it's not a wasted year. He's wasted 1/3 of this season. We drafted 2 QBs while he's been involved with the franchise, which means that the franchise didn't forgo selecting a QB because Fitz was here.

So, he literally did not set us back AT ALL.

Meanwhile, we passed on several very good QB prospects between the time we drafted Geno and added Fitz. If we'd taken any of those QBs, we'd be a completely different team. Which means, and this isn't opinion, this is reality. Geno's presence on this roster has been the biggest setback for the Jets in the past 4 years. 

So, it's your boy who set us back. Not the scrub journeyman placeholder.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Only time I ever rooted for us to lose out on the season was in the last couple weeks of 2013. You aren't making a point, and you certainly don't have the chutzpah to get under my skin. If you want to keep slamming your hand in the door, I'm happy to point and laugh.

Oh I can get under your skin, but you start crying and asking for help. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

lol do you need me to spell it out for you? I'll do since I know you have no clue what Im talking about. The reason why alternative, even if its a lateral move, was $12mil cheaper is because you don't sign Fitz. Mind blown right?

No, genius. You don't even know why you're being mocked at this point. 

Geno is not $12m cheaper. Unless he gets paid $0. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

No, genius. You don't even know why you're being mocked at this point. 

Geno is not $12m cheaper. Unless he gets paid $0. 

You're wrong, in fact. And Im not spelling it out for you, Melania. You might plagiarize. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's not about Geno.  And the Fitz fiasco absolutely has set the franchise back.  Especially considering our bozo head coach is still behind him and plans on trotting him out again. It was a mistake from day 1 to stick with Fitz.  We're learning nothing about this team and that's what these past 2 years were supposed to be about. See what you have so you can plan for the future.  You cant assess what you have when you're QB is the worst in the league.  It impacts everything and now you're left with unanswered questions because you committed to Ryan Fitzpatrick as your savior.

I read a stat today that Fitz would be better of grounding the ball/dirting the ball instead of attempting a pass in the face of pressure.  That's how bad he's been.  You cant make any assumptions on this roster (other than the CB's can cover) that is helpful for the future of the team when your QB play is that bad. 

"Under pressure this season, Fitzpatrick has completed only 42.6 percent of his passes, for an average of 4.8 yards per attempt and a passer rating of 35.7. To be clear, his passer rating under pressure is worse than if he had just thrown the ball to the turf every snap, and that doesn’t even factor in the yards lost due to sacks."

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Oh I can get under your skin, but you start crying and asking for help. 

lol, nah... I am routinely pulled aside and asked to stop stringing the dumb posters along. it makes the site unreadable at times. 

you go ahead and convince yourself of whatever you need to... you started this back up, and once again end up looking foolish.

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The difference between me and the lot of you. I never wanted the chance. Geno playing football means the season is over. I don't root for that.

I would add that Fitz failing in no way whatsoever ratifies any of the pro-Geno arguments that have been made. Everything about Geno's history, plus his limited snaps last night, point to him being awful. 

So, when it's all said and done. You guys rooted for the season to go to sh*t, so you could spin it as being right about Fitz, while still being wrong about Geno.

This is what you call lose/lose. At the end of the day, I argued on behalf of sound logic. I'll always stand by that, regardless as to whether circumstances produced "broken clock" outcomes. 

What you fail to consider is that some of us felt that way about Fitz . We have 11 years of proof that this would happen , everyone based their hopes and expectations on one anamoly of a season where the Jets faced a pretty watered down schedule. The rhetoric that Fitz gave us the best chance to win might have held water last season but against this schedule the odds strongly said he would fail.  So in essence the Fitz supporters rooted for the season to go to sh*t before it even began.

I'm just glad we're finally done with the journeyman fraud, let's see what any of our young QB's can do so this team can start recovering for next year.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

What you fail to consider is that some of us felt that way about Fitz . We have 11 years of proof that this would happen , everyone based their hopes and expectations on one anamoly of a season where the Jets faced a pretty watered down schedule. The rhetoric that Fitz gave us the best chance to win might have held water last season but against this schedule the odds strongly said he would fail.  So in essence the Fitz supporters rooted for the season to go to sh*t before it even began.

I'm just glad we're finally done with the journeyman fraud, let's see what any of our young QB's can do so this team can start recovering for next year.

Bingo.  Which is why it was always about seeing what the kids have, assessing the roster and going from there.

Now what?  

Archived