Start Petty or Hackenberg

Jets Daily Dosage.

1 hour ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

Give one of the young guns a shot. Throw em into the fire, we could use these remaining meaningless games to evaluate them. 

may happen.  Bowles did not say Fritz was next weeks starter like he did after every other game.

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If they do start Petty/Hack, I hope they dont bullsh*t like the last time and split 1st team reps. Give the the new starter the entire week to prepare.

When you split the reps you are insuring that the young player will be unprepared to play!!

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

When you split the reps you are insuring that the young player will be unprepared to play!!

Exactly. It made no sense to split reps with Fitz when he was injured. Just make a damn decision, either start FItz or start Petty. The decision will allow you to properly prepare the QB for the game. The fact that Bowles did that in my eyes gave more credibility to people who are calling for him to be fired. I still dont think we should fire him, but man is he not making it easy to support keeping him. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. It made no sense to split reps with Fitz when he was injured. Just make a damn decision, either start FItz or start Petty. The decision will allow you to properly prepare the QB for the game. The fact that Bowles did that in my eyes gave more credibility to people who are calling for him to be fired. I still dont think we should fire him, but man is he not making it easy to support keeping him. 

I too am not not in favor of firing Bowles.  IMO he gets at least one more year.   

However it was an indictment on Bowles when he said Petty didn't "take" the job.  How could Petty take the job when Bowles didn't practice or prepare Petty to fully start!!!

Terrible HC decision making process and IMO it went along with his not even thinking about sitting Fitz during his 6 pick performance against KC, just embarrassing.......

6 hours ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

Give one of the young guns a shot. Throw em into the fire, we could use these remaining meaningless games to evaluate them. 

I'm down. Play one. Play both. Just don't play Fitz any more. Time to move on.

Archived