Vic Beasley making the L. Williams pick look awful

Joe W. Namath

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Williams is first-team all-pro?  How much do you want to bet that he won't make any all pro team this year?

He's not first team all-pro just because you say so.

His team sucks. He probably won't be named one. Doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve it. It's only year 2 of their careers. Let's agree to disagree and move on here. They're both promising talents.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mogglez said:

His team sucks. He probably won't be named one. Doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve it. It's only year 2 of their careers. Let's agree to disagree and move on here. They're both promising talents.

I started a thread earlier this year saying I'd pay Williams but wouldn't pay Sheldon or Wilkerson because I thought Williams was a better talent than both of those guys. I'm just saying that Beasley is good and was probably a better pick for the Jets.  As of now, the Jets still have a huge hole at OLB.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ideally, you'd pair Williams with Myles Garrett or Jonathon Allen.  I think the Jets ****ed themselves out of both, though.

I started a thread earlier this year saying I'd pay Williams but wouldn't pay Sheldon or Wilkerson because I thought Williams was a better talent than both of those guys. I'm just saying that Beasley is good and was probably a better pick for the Jets.  As of now, the Jets still have a huge hole at OLB.

Hopefully that changes this spring.  I think we can both agree that Williams paired with one of the talented guys coming out this year (Garrett plz) would be mucccccccch better for our team.

Ideally, you'd pair Williams with Myles Garrett or Jonathon Allen.  I think the Jets ****ed themselves out of both, though.

Probably Garrett but Allen might still be feasible. Really is gonna depend on what Cleveland does with that #1 pick.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Hopefully that changes this spring.  I think we can both agree that Williams paired with one of the talented guys coming out this year (Garrett plz) would be mucccccccch better for our team.

No Garrett for us, but there's still hope to fill that OLB spot with a beast :D

1446957054110815d00utusc3109384256293_t1

:cool:

27 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

The only people who say that Williams was a better pick than Beasley are Jets fans.  It's a totally homer point of view.  Beasley led the NFL in sacks and is going to be a first-team all pro.  He also forces turnovers.  The Broncos had to pull their ******* OT because Beasley was abusing him.  That is an impact player.

WOW....okay dude.  Like I said, you will go down in flames holding your torch high. 

38 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

The Jets probably blew their chance at him, too.

Nahhhhhh, you think?  I just can't seem em both (AND Allen) being off the board by 6.  I think one of the dominant 3 will be there. 

We've needed an edge rusher for a decade, and Williams is obviously redundant in regards to the guys we already had, but I actually think he's way underrated by Jets fans. He's a stud. The real issues are a.) Maccagnan didn't trade Wilkerson or Richardson when he had the chance, and b.) the coaching staff is utterly clueless as to how to play the three of them together.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Beasley led the league in sacks.  

Williams is good but we missed out on the best edge rusher in the league.

At this point in their careers, it's not even close.  Beasley is the superior player.

Why does this point need to be made? Why not just be happy with what we have and not look at what other people have?

What is the point of this thread? It is not constructive or offers anything of value. At least when I make a thread, I suggest something constructive

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why does this point need to be made? Why not just be happy with what we have and not look at what other people have?

What is the point of this thread? It is not constructive or offers anything of value. At least when I make a thread, I suggest something constructive

It is to show that the guy running the draft cannot make easy decisions like, "Hey, this williams guy is good but we have 2 other good players at that position.  We should go with the elite edge rusher here because we have a problem getting to the qb."

And because he didnt make the decision, the best pass rusher in the league is not on our roster.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

It is to show that the guy running the draft cannot make easy decisions like, "Hey, this williams guy is good but we have 2 other good players at that position.  We should go with the elite edge rusher here because we have a problem getting to the qb."

And because he didnt make the decision, the best pass rusher in the league is not on our roster.

Basically every thread here is either "Bowles sucks" "Macc sucks" "Fitz sucks" etc.

There should just be 3 mega threads with those titles. Because that's essentially what every thread is.

Ironically, everybody here thinks picking Williams was an easy decision. You are the only person who has brought ANY sense of regret to that pick. In both media and fandom.

So why do you think you are alone?

Archived