ASH1962

Cin  5-7

Buf  6-7

KC 10-3

Sea 9-4

Pit  8-5

ARI 5-7

BAL 7-6

What is/was so scary here? Like last seasons record, a total mirage. Which of these games were "automatic losses" based upon the talent on each team? KC at the start of the season was all banged up and beatable. Russell Wilson made us look silly on one leg. None of these games were NE, none of these games were last years Denver team, or the Seattle teams of the past few years where you have no chance to win at all. These were games that our chicken $hit CS and players chalked up as losses last April after the schedule was released, and was ingrained in their heads for months until the season started. They believed they were going to lose most of, if not all of these games and they went out, put forth no effort, and lost most of them. This team was not even competitive in several of these games, KC, SEA, PIT, ARI for starters. That tells me they believed they were going to lose before they stepped on to the playing field.

The coaches and players should know, even more than the fans, that you cannot judge a schedule based upon the previous years results! I firmly believe that the players mailed this season in right after the schedule was released (I could see Sheldumbass saying "F-it, we get paid regardless, now where da hoes at?"). That falls on our superstar "defensive genius" HC and his staff. What professional athlete does not think he or she can win every time he or she steps on the field of play? I guess it really is all about the money only.

I do not blame Woody for any of this, in fact, I agreed with his diligence in finding this regime, unfortunately for us fans, it has not worked out. This CS has been outcoached in just about every game and has displayed zero ability to adjust, and keep up in games. I, as many of you as well, have seen enough NFL football over the years to know that this is over. There is no fixing this. Bowles and his team look amateurish, I mean just look at the mistakes he and his team make every week, the same things over and over and over. A defensive guru running players out of position, and never able to stop anyone. He is 4-10 this year, his defense has not had a defensive TD during his 2 year tenure that I can remember, never gets a big play at the end of a game to secure a win. ST's have had punts &/or FG's blocked in several games, they never ever get a ST turnover or TD, ST field position has been a disgrace all season long as well. The offense is boring and predictable and usually plays scared and not to lose. They have put up less than 10 points in several games and just cower to opponents will at an embarrassing level. 

They barely squeaked by the second and third worst teams in the league Cle, SF, beat Buf, and got lucky beating Baltimore just before they put things together. Amazing how their (Baltimore's) CS got their team together later in the season where they are now in second place in their division, fighting for a division title or WC. That is what a solid CS does, makes adjustments, schemes to their strengths and the opponents weaknesses, while putting their players in the best position to succeed. Can anyone say Bowltite does any of this or has the first friggin clue how to? For god's sakes, he kicked a FG down 34-10 last night with 5 minutes to go in the game, and then kicked off deep. That right there proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he has no idea WTF he is doing. What he did to Petty last night was borderline criminal, allowing him to stand there and almost get killed behind that garbage of an offensive line. My fear is they will say Petty has no shot at being a decent starting QB based upon these games in which nobody is trying, and in which Petty himself is getting knocked all over the stadium(s). In either event, I have zero confidence in this CS ability to judge, coach, and turn a collegiate QB into an NFL QB. I want them as far away as possible from Hackenberg, Petty, and / or whomever we bring in as our long term answer at QB.

I said this before, I am all for continuity when it is justified, however,I do not think it should be written in law that a coaching staff must be allowed to come back after 2 years. This season has been a total disaster of epic incompetence. If they bring this CS back, next season will be even worse with no hope of improvement. Maybe we should do that for the sake of drafting a QB as some have suggested. IMO me we have to basically cut the entire team and CS and start anew. I know that is not a popular way to go, but I see little other choice. This has gotten Kotite bad, and unfortunately, there is no Bill Parcells to come riding in on a white horse and fix this thing in one year, it is going to take a long time. I am willing to be patient as long as I see a potential for the future. While I realize this is only football and not someone dying or some Earth shattering thing, it still sucks to be laughed at for wearing my Jets jacket. This is about as low and embarrassed as I can recall being as a Jet fan.

What is that saying, "All I want for Christmas is a competent Head Coach"?

Sorry for the long post.

Happy Holidays all!

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Bowles has another season, woody but all announced it and i agree with his decision

Hate to say, "I told you so" but I will be telling you that again in due time. Bowles is a horrible head coach!

no one enjoys loosing but with what this team has done and everyone is holding bowles accountable he still needs to come back.  This team had so many yrs of drafting and it has come back to haunt them + the fact the defensive coordinator should have been fired weeks ago for scheming the way he did, playing press corners 5 to 7 yrds off the way defensive line dropped off and it should be the unit leading the defense.

You now mentioned the schedule I said earlier 7-9 but each one of the teams you listed are better then us because they have depth  (wiht the exception of the Bills)

Out side of a few players we have no depth that shows at the tackle position the most.  It takes time if we keep changing coaches with out giving them the talent we become the browns. Mac is spout he has had two drafts outside of the Hack pick you would have  hard time questioning his picks (Hack may turn into something  IMHO but he needs time to correct his motion).

I have a harder time with defense that side fire everyone from the coordinator on down

Never got caught up in the hype of a tough schedule. Thought on paper this team had some real talent, still do. For me this coaching staff is the real underperformer. They will get another year, but will have to show they deserve more. To my eye this team has shown little effort and has checked out and that's on the staff.

23 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Sorry for you my friend, you obviously enjoyed what you watched last night.

Good luck to you

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hate to say, "I told you so" but I will be telling you that again in due time. Bowles is a horrible head coach!

Black Monday Todd Bowles will be fired. 

Archived