adb280z

2017 Mets thread!

On 8/19/2017 at 8:40 PM, SenorGato said:

Probably there's money to buy a Moustakasa for 3B.

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, SMC said:

Mets need to fire their entire medical staff.  This is insane.  Conforto dislocates arm on a swing.

dammit freak injury :C

Gets his groove back and goes down. We just weren't gonna get to see everybody together to play out the year. The Lost Season.

According to a source, Matz consented to multiple pain-killing injections, occasionally on game days, to quell the pain that came along with an elbow that at times swelled to the size of a grapefruit. The pain came and went, though the elbow bothered him mostly between starts.

[...]

One source described a belief by some in the organization that Matz was simply learning to get over the “mental hurdle” of pitching through pain. Indeed, injury has been a constant theme throughout his career.

http://deadspin.com/what-the-hell-did-the-mets-do-to-steven-matz-1798311827

So we sign this dude Aoki. I presume then that the real money's going towards a good infielder or catcher, or God forbid both? Ima be pissed if they don't sign a quality player.

Mets sign OF Norichika Aoki to major league contract

Terry's hot in the postgame. I think he benched Rosario for his look but he's saying Rosario has a hurt finger :blink:. Media can't get a smidgen of info out of either one about this 'hurt finger'. Rosario needs some maturing and seasoning yet.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Terry's hot in the postgame. I think he benched Rosario for his look but he's saying Rosario has a hurt finger :blink:. Media can't get a smidgen of info out of either one about this 'hurt finger'. Rosario needs some maturing and seasoning yet.

Rosario's idol must be Cespedes .

33 minutes ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

Rosario's idol must be Cespedes .

When Rosario can carry a team to the post season on one leg, after carrying a team to the WS, he gets a pass. He has some some lessons to be learned. Hopefully they're not hard lessons.

Plawecki may be letting the Coupons off the hook with the Catcher depth. Looks good. I hope Terry keeps playing him. Let d'Arnaud observe somebody with cajones while he accepts a lesser role...with glee.

Wally LOL. Yeah, and hire Dykstra as bench coach.

Kudos to David Wright for what he said. I'm proud of him. I was never the biggest fan, but I am now. 

Hire Ventura, Wright as bench coach, and move Goody to 3rd base coach.

Kick Jeff Wilpon in the balls squarely. After all these years, now we have that schmuck exercising his ****wit ass into the team. 

On 9/30/2017 at 1:42 PM, JohnJ said:

Wally LOL. Yeah, and hire Dykstra as bench coach.

Kudos to David Wright for what he said. I'm proud of him. I was never the biggest fan, but I am now. 

Hire Ventura, Wright as bench coach, and move Goody to 3rd base coach.

Kick Jeff Wilpon in the balls squarely. After all these years, now we have that schmuck exercising his ****wit ass into the team. 

I'm really just hoping they go completely younger all over the organization. If they want to keep Wright in some capacity that's fine, but they need an entire staff turnover that understands modern day strength & conditioning, especially with pitchers. The Mets still have a good framework to compete in the NL and will have a lot of money to spend, but they need some people at the top that know what they're doing with players. It's really preposterous how talented the Mets were when they started the season and what they ended with; and that is 100% on the ******* organization, and especially on Terry.

On 9/28/2017 at 7:03 AM, Super Bowl before I die said:

Good bye Terry ; Good bye Dan ; we want Wally and Frank Viola .

Wally will probably never get a job in MLB.