Combine Day 3 - DLs and LBs

Sarge4Tide

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I kinda like that he lost his sh*t at the hospital. That's a linebacker, mang.

I like the quote from unknown GM, to paraphrase, "I couldn't care less what he did at the hospital, it's very unfortunate we won't get to see him this week"

?

on point tho. This is a billion dollar business here, umm this isn't a college kid we're dealing with anymore, who the **** gives anybody the right to jip this prospect out of a chance to showcase himself after all the hard work and millions on the line? 

Just now, Matt39 said:

I mean if they're not going to go QB I'd go pass rush no

Are they going to stand him up? There's zero imagination with this defensive coaching staff, so I'd be sad if they spent another high pick on a guy they won't know how to use 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Are they going to stand him up? There's zero imagination with this defensive coaching staff, so I'd be sad if they spent another high pick on a guy they won't know how to use 

He seems to be athletic enough to handle it.

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Thomas is a bad fit for the Jets . He's a 43 DE who can move inside to DT . He's not a 34 DE who can transition to an OLB. 

Why couldnt he play OLB? He's athletic as hell for a guy that size. These edge guys can play either if they're athletic enough

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why couldnt he play OLB? He's athletic as hell for a guy that size. These edge guys can play either if they're athletic enough

Take what you saw today, and compare it to what the player is on the field and that's when you find his true position. . Thomas is a supreme athlete moving forward, but a waste of time in space . You put him at OLBer and you have what you got from Richardson .

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sure, but when it comes to pass rushers- the combine numbers are extremely helpful when projecting NFL success.

There's a difference between what  Solomon Thomas does and what Jordan  Willis does  and both players attack the QB  

9 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

This combine stuff is so nonsensical. How anyone can sit and watch guys they never heard of compete in track and field, and think that it means anything once they step onto the NFL playing field?

Just because a guy jumps far and runs faster then the wind means nothing Johnny Lam Jones. And just because "he has a high upside" LOL means jack Dee Milliner.

I know it is the slowest time of the sports year but really, this combine stuff is so dull, so boring, and such a total waste of time, kind of like the Jets 2016 season come to think of it..

Speak for yourself. I watch more college football than NFL football. I know many of these guys and those that I'm not familiar with I learn about while watching and listening to the guys announcing. 

Many people wonder why many of us care about strangers playing pro sports in general.

If you don't like the combine, don't watch. 

Archived