Get familiar with this name

Phillyjet

Charles Harris DE/OLB Missouri

After Myles Garrett, who is the next 3-4 OLB stud?  All of it is conjecture, but there was one guy who separated himself from the pack at the combine and has the game tape to match:  Charles Harris killed it on all of his drills, showing that he could easily make the switch from hand in the dirt to standing up in a 3-4.  He is far and away the next best 3-4 prospect.  If we are looking for that special edge rusher, could solve our need for a John Abraham type that we've not had in a long time.   There were some mid-round picks later in the draft that were interesting, but this guy came off as the premium talent.

5 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Charles Harris DE/OLB Missouri

After Myles Garrett, who is the next 3-4 OLB stud?  All of it is conjecture, but there was one guy who separated himself from the pack at the combine and has the game tape to match:  Charles Harris killed it on all of his drills, showing that he could easily make the switch from hand in the dirt to standing up in a 3-4.  He is far and away the next best 3-4 prospect.  If we are looking for that special edge rusher, could solve our need for a John Abraham type that we've not had in a long time.   There were some mid-round picks later in the draft that were interesting, but this guy came off as the premium talent.

I prefer Jordan Willis who also killed it, and had the production at K-State .

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

Could see it, but either one of those two would have to be in a trade down, no? Wouldn't it be a reach at #6, and probably neither is there when we pick in 2nd?

Agreed, but keep an eye on Barnett  at his pro day . Kid participated at the combines when he was sick as a dog  and did a decent job .

Just now, Tinstar said:

Agreed, but keep an eye on Barnett  at his pro day . Kid participated at the combines when he was sick as a dog  and did a decent job .

Yeah....DJ and Brooks both said that he got high marks from a lot of team for toughing it out. 

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

What about TJ Watt as a 2nd rounder?  Seems like he has the measurables and production, along with A+++ football character?  

Mayock did a bit yesterday about TJ Watt and Clay Mathews not only having the same  combine measurements, but the "genes" factor. 

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What about TJ Watt as a 2nd rounder?  Seems like he has the measurables and production, along with A+++ football character?  

Kid has had like 2 knee surgeries already . I can think of a few players I would take before him.

Barnett and Solomon Thomas I think could both be outstanding 3-4 OLB as far as rushing the passer and setting the edge. Thomas is 270 and on the 'slow' side but he has a relentless motor- he's not a typical DE. As long as you don't expect these guys to go out and cover, they can be stud 3-4 OLBs. 

Personally Im expecting a big leap from Jordan Jenkins.

Jenkins performed at a high level in the SEC for his entire career, even playing some true  3-4 OLB which is rare for college.  Hes not a bend the edge type pluer but he is a better athlete then he is given credit for, and really showed well the last few weeks of 2016 once he got past his injury.

My point really is that a guy like solomon thomas isnt a fit as Jenknins will play that strong side OLB for us.  If we are going to take an OLB, id rather find a faster guy like Watt who can also drop in coverage and cover ground in the short area passing game as well as rush the passer.

who says myles garrett is going to be a stud?  super mario was like that when he came out and really hasn't done much considering his draft status.  plus when you consider that A&M has had some issues of late and is where manziel came from it should make people take a second look.  imho cleveland should trade back to 15 or so plus another first round pick this year or next.

I had high hopes for Jordan Willis, but did not see the bend and fluid hips that would translate for him moving to edge rusher as an OLB.  Think he is a tweener and more of a projection to outside linebacker.

TJ Watt honestly did not look that great, not as explosive as some of the other players.  And those two knee surgeries are a problem  He is not the monster his brother was.

Barnett is a stud, but wasn't sure if he was more of a 4-3 prototypical end and not an OLB.  So he may not be a scheme fit for us.  I would not be sad if we landed him or Solomon Thomas, but not sure of scheme fit.

21 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I had high hopes for Jordan Willis, but did not see the bend and fluid hips that would translate for him moving to edge rusher as an OLB.  Think he is a tweener and more of a projection to outside linebacker.

TJ Watt honestly did not look that great, not as explosive as some of the other players.  And those two knee surgeries are a problem  He is not the monster his brother was.

Barnett is a stud, but wasn't sure if he was more of a 4-3 prototypical end and not an OLB.  So he may not be a scheme fit for us.  I would not be sad if we landed him or Solomon Thomas, but not sure of scheme fit.

I have this same thought about him. Great prospect but really not sure he fits what we do as a defense schematically.

Archived