I don't think hightower will sign with the jets

jets rooter

I clicked on this expecting a new piece of news, or a break in the story, or something. Not just another opinion that someone decided couldn't be added to the already established thread on the subject.

BOO!!! 

Hightower is 27 and has a ring. He's not in his mid 30s with no trips to the playoffs or something like that. I really don't think players put as much value on the same things fans do.

Sure he probably loves in in New England, but he could love it in New York as well. And if he is being offered a better deal to come here, why wouldn't he?

I'm not saying I expect him to be a Jet. But I expect him to take the best offer.

If you look at the history of this Pats regime, they routinely underpay players - and expect them to play for less, to be loyal to the franchise. Then, they are discarded with no loyalty on the backends of their careers. The white players are celebrities in NE. The minority players are nice-to-haves.

The coach, owner and star QB have all publicly backed political candidates that are aligned with policies and mindsets that do not exactly favor minorities.

So, there are motivations beyond the dull-minded "winning" and "getting paid" scenarios people are dreaming up. 

http://www.nflshop.com/pages/Top_Selling_Jerseys/partnerid/14338

If you look at the link above, you will see that Brady, Edelman, Gronk, Hogan, White, Amendola and Malcolm Butler are all in the top 25 of jerseys sold for Feb 2017. Malcolm Butler single-handedly stole a SB victory. Yet he's 7th most popular in jersey sales, losing out to Hogan and Amendola for **** sake. James White, for some reason is also high in sales, but his last name is White.

So, as liberal as Massachusetts can be, and we don't need to debate liberal vs. conservative here, you have to understand that that really doesn't extend very far into the football culture... 

Archived