McShay mock #3

Stark

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The only DB that's a sure fire top 5 stud-to-be is Jamal Adams. Everyone else is a crapshoot so why take one at 6 when the prospective talent levels off like that.

I do like Adams the best among the DBs.  If he is there at 6, I am fine with that pick.  More than half the mocks I see don't have him making it there, though.

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

If I had to choose between Williams or Howard,  you have to go Williams. With that said, what Williams has done has been overlooked. It would be interesting to see the medical on him along with a workout.

I hear you but isn't a good TE harder to find than a WR though?  Seems like every single year there are good WRs to be had.  TEs seem a lot more rare.  Even the supposed good ones tend to bust.  The guy the Lions picked a few years ago - Eric Ebron - was supposed to be a great receiving TE but pretty sure he's been a disappointment. 

Just now, nycdan said:

I do like Adams the best among the DBs.  If he is there at 6, I am fine with that pick.  More than half the mocks I see don't have him making it there, though.

It looks like he's not getting out of the top 5 but hopefully a team gets googly-eyes for Trubisky and he drops. I like Hooker's game but his injuries are huge red flags. 

The way this draft plays out I want Williams and a settled receiver core for 5 years. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

right now i'm thinking the jets should be able to trade down. this mock has trubitsky going 25.  all it will take is some nice posturing on the qb front and they may be able to rade back a bit.

The best case scenario would be a team, who's secretly behind the scenes in love with one of the top QBs, to trade up with us to get him.  Then we cash in on a few more picks in a loaded draft

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If Watson is good enough to be drafted at 12, not drafting him at 6 in favor of a corner is batsh*t insane.

Batsh*t stinks. Watson will fall in the draft. His game doesn't translate well to the NFL.  Regardless, there will be a quality offensive player available at 6. Howard, Fournette, Williams, Cook, Ross.....one will be there. 

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Batsh*t stinks. Watson will fall in the draft. His game doesn't translate well to the NFL.  Regardless, there will be a quality offensive player available at 6. Howard, Fournette, Williams, Cook, Ross.....one will be there. 

Correct, drafting D every year with our top pick has not improved this team. We need a talent who can help us win. The defence in the modern NFL does not win you anything, it's all about the O!

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Correct, drafting D every year with our top pick has not improved this team. We need a talent who can help us win. The defence in the modern NFL does not win you anything, it's all about the O!

imo it's not about going d in the first round as much as missing with the second pick.  in the past few drafts they've chosen stephen hill, geno smith, devon smith and hack.  throw in petty and you have few potentially good players who have contributed next to nothing. it's too early to tell what hack and d smith can ultimately do.  both hill and geno are almost out of the league. imagine if those guys actually became decent players. of course the jets also wasted a huge pick on milliner and then drafted a very average player in pryor.

i agree with your observation that they go d in the first round.  the question is whether or not there were any scary good offensive player where they drafted.  in leo's draft there were the 2 qb's and cooper.  after cooper there weren't any scary good offensive players. in pryor's draft they could have taken cooks (or dixon). in the milliner/shelly draft they could've taken eifert and or hopkins.

the bottom line is they haven't gotten much production out of their upper draft picks for years and thet seriously eroded the talent base of the team.

9 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

The best case scenario would be a team, who's secretly behind the scenes in love with one of the top QBs, to trade up with us to get him.  Then we cash in on a few more picks in a loaded draft

Best case scenario is that all the QBs are still there at 6 and we get to see what sort of GM we actually have in Mac.  The old no excuse scenario.....  

Archived