PFF Mock Draft

varjet

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

conspiracy talk aside people put way too much into measurable's 10th's of a second do not always translate to the football field. If you get the proper pressure on a QB the time in which a DB needs to actually cover drops substantially its not like teams throwing 50 yard bombs are going to be completing those passes at anything more than the 10 % they currently do and speed is only a factor on a fly route the rest comes down to quickness. Also as someone mentioned, smarts can shave tenths of a second quite easily as can quickness, both of which can not be measured in a 40 yard dash. Fcuk the combine and fcuk the measurable's give me football players over work out warriors every time./

Your entire post is mostly wrong, but just sticking to Tabor, he was sh*tty in the quickness drills, too.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

find the guy who can do this or better:

Dates: 03/16/07 
Height: 5114
Weight: 204
40 Yrd Dash: 4.38
20 Yrd Dash: 2.49
10 Yrd Dash: 1.46
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'5"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.08
3-Cone Drill: 6.56

and be able to play the ball and the receiver at the same time.

Those look like Revis's numbers.  His 3-cone drill is insane.  He was a great, great athlete.

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

A guy who is, in fact, better than Richard Sherman.  He just doesn't have the big mouth and the self promotion.

I agree- peterson has had down years but he's arguably been the best man cover CB in the league since he was drafted. and unlike sherman doesn't have the benefit of playing cover 3 with the two best safeties in the league behind him

17 hours ago, Tinstar said:

His play reminds me a lot of Richard Sherman and Aqib Talib . I don't think either of those guys are speedsters .

He doesnt get beat. It's kind of a big deal for a corner that whole not getting beat thing.  He can blitz, he can help in run support, he plays the ball insanely well, he creates turnovers and many of them go to the house.  But yeah, lets not draft him because he's not a world class sprinter. 

The kid was a consensus top 15 pick until someone asked him to run in a straight line in his underwear.  Now he sucks. 

He will be the best corner in the draft. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He doesnt get beat. It's kind of a big deal for a corner that whole not getting beat thing.  He can blitz, he can help in run support, he plays the ball insanely well, he creates turnovers and many of them go to the house.  But yeah, lets not draft him because he's not a world class sprinter. 

The kid was a consensus top 15 pick until someone asked him to run in a straight line in his underwear.  Now he sucks. 

He will be the best corner in the draft. 

I can't figure out how he does it either . Everything you posted is 100% correct, and that kid can't run worth a darn . He has supreme ball skills thou .

21 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I can't figure out how he does it either . Everything you posted is 100% correct, and that kid can't run worth a darn . He has supreme ball skills thou .

I think the funny part is, he's never been a burner.  He wasnt coming out of High School, he wasnt in college but it didnt matter.  He was still the best corner in the nation.

Where do you think he'd be ranked if he decided not to run because he "tweaked his hammy" or something like that?

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think the funny part is, he's never been a burner.  He wasnt coming out of High School, he wasnt in college but it didnt matter.  He was still the best corner in the nation.

Where do you think he'd be ranked if he decided not to run because he "tweaked his hammy" or something like that?

To tell you the truth, I don't really care . I'm hoping folks lose their minds and leave that kid on the board .If he's there in the 2nd, I'm going to either take him or trade down a little see if I can steal a pick and still take him  . 

Archived