Mayock's Mock Draft

nyjbuddy

Mike Mayock's Mock Draft is supposed to be reveled soon.  

"In his first and only mock draft of the year, Mayock reveals his projections for all 32 first-round picks at 8 ET tonight on NFL Network. We were able to obtain the first four picks (see below). No real surprises are unveiled there. But after that, things start to get wild, with a pair of mystery teams making bold trades in order to grab their quarterbacks of the future. Tune in to find out the trade details, the targeted players, and much more." - NFL.com

Here are his top 4 :

Cleveland - Garret

SF - Jamal Adams

Chicago - Lattimore

Jacksonville - Fournette

I'm guessing the first trade is Tennessee out of the 5th spot to get in front of the Jets.  

Jets could also trade back with Fournette gone, Carolina and New Orleans going after McCaffrey.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802751/article/mike-mayock-mock-draft-top-4-picks-revealed-two-trades

UPDATE: Entire mock draft results:

1. Browns: Myles Garrett
2. 49ers: Jamal Adams
3. Bears: Marcus Lattimore
4. Jaguars: Leonard Fournette
5. TRADE Browns (via Titans): Mitch Trubisky
6. Jets: OJ Howard
7. Chargers: Solomon Thomas
8. Panthers: Christian McCaffrey
9. Bengals: Jonathan Allen
10. Bills: Reuben Foster
11. Saints: Charles Harris
12. Titans (via Cleveland): John Ross
13. Cardinals: Marlon Humphrey
14. Eagles: Mike Williams
15. Colts: Derek Barnett
16. Ravens: Haason Reddick
17. Redskins: Takkarist McKinley
18. Titans: Adoree Jackson
19. Buccaneers: Malik Hooker
20. Broncos: Ryan Ramczyk
21. Lions: Corey Davis
22. Dolphins: TJ Watt
23. Giants: Garett Bolles
24. Raiders: Cam Robinson
25. Texans: Deshaun Watson
26. Seahawks: Forrest Lamp
27. Chiefs: Dalvin Cook
28. Cowboys: Tre'Davious White
29. Packers: Alvin Kamara
30. Steelers: Jordan Willis
31. Falcons: Jabrill Peppers
32. TRADE Cardinals (via the Saints): Patick Mahomes II

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

Mike Mayock's Mock Draft is supposed to be reveled soon.  

"In his first and only mock draft of the year, Mayock reveals his projections for all 32 first-round picks at 8 ET tonight on NFL Network. We were able to obtain the first four picks (see below). No real surprises are unveiled there. But after that, things start to get wild, with a pair of mystery teams making bold trades in order to grab their quarterbacks of the future. Tune in to find out the trade details, the targeted players, and much more." - NFL.com

Here are his top 4 :

Cleveland - Garret

SF - Jamal Adams

Chicago - Lattimore

Jacksonville - Fournette

I'm guessing the first trade is Tennessee out of the 5th spot to get in front of the Jets.  

Jets could also trade back with Fournette gone, Carolina and New Orleans going after McCaffrey.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802751/article/mike-mayock-mock-draft-top-4-picks-revealed-two-trades

Solomon Thomas por favor.

Just now, nyjbuddy said:

Trubisky to the Browns via Tennessee trade

Jets: OJ Howard

Chargers: Solomon Thomas

Panthers: Christian McCaffrey

I'd be happy with it.  Not ideal, but safe, solid pick who will make any QB we have under center breathe easier.

1 minute ago, nyjbuddy said:

Trubisky to the Browns via Tennessee trade

Jets: OJ Howard

Chargers: Solomon Thomas

Panthers: Christian McCaffrey

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, from your fifth overdrafted tight end to your last dying day.

Just now, Lil Woody said:

I'd be happy with it.  Not ideal, but safe, solid pick who will make any QB we have under center breathe easier.

You know who would take a lot more pressure off the QB, and make him breathe easier, and is a hell of a lot more exciting then Howard?  Christian McAfferey.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Mayock's mock draft are more useless then most, he bases them off of what he would do mostly not what he is hearing from the teams.

The guy uses his connections to every coaching staff to get the best intel and creates a typically highly accurate mock that most draft websites only dream about.  I'd give his projections some actual weight.

Just now, Lil Woody said:

The guy uses his connections to every coaching staff to get the best intel and creates a typically highly accurate mock that most draft websites only dream about.  I'd give his projections some actual weight.

I'd be FLOORED if the Jets actually took OJ Howard FLOORED!  And the Jaguars are not taking Fournette, and he has no idea what the 49ers are doing, nobody does.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

You know who would take a lot more pressure off the QB, and make him breathe easier, and is a hell of a lot more exciting then Howard?  Christian McAfferey.

I'd like him, but not at 6.  I don't believe that he is going to end up being a 3 down back. I like the Raggie Bush comp though. If McCaffrey can stay on the field as a slot guy, he will have amazing value.  But it will have to be the perfect situation for him to do that.  Which WR are we going to displace to keep him on the field? I guess I'd like that pick a lot more if we had a coaching staff I had faith in to maximize the talent of the players on the roster. But I don't....so go with the safe, cookie cutter prototypes on offense.

40 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Shaw sees Jets among fits for RB Christian McCaffrey

PHILADELPHIA -- Christian McCaffrey's versatile skills as a running back make him a strong bet for an early first-round selection Thursday when the 2017 NFL Draft commences.

But which NFL offenses would fit him best?

Not necessarily the ones picking at the top of the draft. Stanford coach David Shaw believes the offenses of the New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs would make excellent use of McCaffrey's vast skill set.

"I look at Philadelphia, Kansas City, the Jets. Johnny Morton, the (Jets') offensive coordinator, he and I spent time together with the Oakland Raiders," Shaw said. "I look at teams like that, who will absolutely run the ball, but will look to get their backs the ball out of the backfield. Christian, you'd love for him to go some place that will use all the things he does well, which is run it inside and outside, catch it out of the backfield, but also line up as a receiver and catch it. Doing any one of those things only, it’s like not letting a butterfly fly."

Shaw also mentioned the New Orleans Saints as team that would turn the McCaffrey butterfly loose, but doesn't expect the Saints to pick him after acquiring Adrian Peterson. The Jets pick No. 6 overall while the Eagles hold the No. 14 selection. NFL.com analysts Bucky Brooks and Maurice Jones-Drew both project the Eagles to take McCaffrey. The Chiefs, with the No. 27 pick, would likely need to make a big trade to move up for McCaffrey.

NFL Network analyst Charles Davis had high praise McCaffrey Wednesday.

"The best route-runner in this draft -- receiver, tight end or running back -- is Christian McCaffrey in my opinion," Davis said.

If he is, we can only hope he lands with a team that can showcase it.

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

I'd like him, but not at 6.  I don't believe that he is going to end up being a 3 down back. I like the Raggie Bush comp though. If McCaffrey can stay on the field as a slot guy, he will have amazing value.  But it will have to be the perfect situation for him to do that.  Which WR are we going to displace to keep him on the field? I guess I'd like that pick a lot more if we had a coaching staff I had faith in to maximize the talent of the players on the roster. But I don't....so go with the safe, cookie cutter prototypes on offense.

That's funny because his college coach completely disagrees with you about the Jets coaching staff not knowing how to use him properly, and get the most out of his talent.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

That's funny because his college coach completely disagrees with you about the Jets coaching staff not knowing how to use him properly, and get the most out of his talent.

I know next to nothing about Johnny Morton. I pray you are right. I do know a bit more than I'd like about Bowles.  Hopefully his fingerprints don't end up on the offense.

Sadly I think Morton is here to gain experience for a year and will be thrown out with the inevitable coaching change.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Then again, this is the same team that uses Sheldon Richardson at OLB and tried using Matt Forte like he was Red Grange.

Updates in bold

1. Browns: Myles Garret
3. Bears: Lattimore
4. Jaguars: Fournette

1. Browns: Myles Garret
3. Bears: Marcus Lattimore
4. Jaguars: Leonard Fournette
18. Titans: Adoree Jackson
19. Buccaneers: Malik Hooker
20. Broncos: Ryan Ramczyk

I can see this draft happening.

Howard is the right pick for the Jets in that mock.

If Steve Spagnolo was our DC we take Solomon Thomas.  Solomon would go to waste on the Jets-Bowles and Kacey would totally misuse him.

I agree with Hooker dropping.  He is the most overated pick.  Too injured, can't tackle.  He was injured not making tackles.

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

I can see this draft happening.

Howard is the right pick for the Jets in that mock.

If Steve Spagnolo was our DC we take Solomon Thomas.  Solomon would go to waste on the Jets-Bowles and Kacey would totally misuse him.

I agree with Hooker dropping.  He is the most overated pick.  Too injured, can't tackle.  He was injured not making tackles.

Don't sweat the coaching staff. They are a temporary problem.

Archived