Report: Ravens Emerge as Possible Landing Spot for Decker

JetNation

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Woody is behind this. He wants to save money and if he does go to England (hopefully not we need someone there who knows what they're doing) he will be out of harms way in terms of criticism. We need Decker and they should just redo his contract and keep him. 

14 hours ago, Tinstar said:

How do you trade a player without offering his services to other teams  ?  Once the initial discussion about a trade begin, how do you keep knowledge of it from the NFL insiders within the press ?  Once the press gets wind of a possible trade of a player, what's to stop them from speculating about the possible release of the player considering what the Jets have done this off season ?

How is it possible that Jet fans won't even give the team the benefit of the doubt about a single move the team makes  ?

No, I don't think you understand how the story was broken.

The line in the story to fans like me was "Jets inform Decker that he will be released or traded this week."  I have never heard a story like that before.

Usually it's "Team X may be willing to trade Player Y."  Or "Team X releases Player Y."

Decker was a starting WR, and he's still good. He's clearly worth something. So who was responsible for framing this story in a way that the Jets have the least amount of leverage? It's either vengeful reporting, or poor PR.

DC

10 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Long-time suffering fat year as well. but I respectfully disagree with your opinion that keeping Harris & Decker would have been a beneficial move. Just what would Harris and Decker have done to better the younger players? Have they ever been on Super Bowl winning teams? There are a lot of Super Bowl rings on the fingers of the coaching staff.

I've been all for this purge from day one and to me, it finally tells me that Woody had decided to stay out of the picture. Let's hope that Mac can make some right moves.

All we got to hope and pray for course is that they are the Right Moves.  keeping Harris & Decker would not have won us that many more games. Perhaps one or two more ? This is a rebuilding year let's all soak it in.

I agree that releasing Harris was the right financial move if he was not going to agree to a restructure, and also a good move for the team to continue its development by forcing the coaches to work with the younger players and forcing the younger players to step up.

But given that we thought the Jets were trying to develop 2 QBs, having a veteran receiver like Decker who could be where he was supposed to be would have been helpful.  But Decker has been injured a lot.

So they could have concluded that he was not worth the injury risk given his salary.  

Or they could have concluded that the yoUng QBs on the roster were not worth the investment in Decker.

What is most troubling though is that it appears the Master plan was amended late in the game, perhaps without the agreement of the entire brain trust.  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Ravens just signed Maclin to a 2-year deal. $$$ not disclosed yet.  

Minus 1 potential trade partner for Decker.   He'll likely be cut now.

That's what I thought, but Schefter said they're still interested in Decker.

Just now, AFJF said:

That's what I thought, but Schefter said they're still interested in Decker.

Doubtful, but anything is possible.  The only names I recognize on their WR roster are Maclin, Perriman, and Wallace.  10 other names I don't recognize.  Maybe it is possible.

Just now, Dcat said:

Doubtful, but anything is possible.  The only names I recognize on their WR roster are Maclin, Perriman, and Wallace.  10 other names I don't recognize.  Maybe it is possible.

They also paid Flacco a boatload of money and he's  not getting any younger.  They probably wouldn't mind surrounding him with a handful of quality pass catchers.

I doubt the Ravens would sign both of them unless they could get Decker cheap. If so why not us sign him. Just wonder if the Titans would be interested in Eric. His wife after all is a county music singer who probably wouldn't mind living in Nashville. Not sure if the Broncos would be interested in him if they could get him on a deal. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I doubt the Ravens would sign both of them unless they could get Decker cheap. If so why not us sign him. Just wonder if the Titans would be interested in Eric. His wife after all is a county music singer who probably wouldn't mind living in Nashville. Not sure if the Broncos would be interested in him if they could get him on a deal. 

Decker and his wife already live in Nashville. 

Archived