Jets need to stop wasting time with Josh McCown,Christian Hackenberg needs the ball

joewilly12

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Well, they signed Hackenberg for 4 years.  1 of those years is gone.  Is he going to play this year or be "protected?"  

Who gives a shlt how many years he signed for?  WTF does that have to do with developing a player?  All QBs before recent history were developed and stood on the sideline before big money deals changed everything.  They were developed.  The Jets are doing it the way they think is right.  A handful of impatient fans always looking for the negative connotation to every move and argue against it.  Like they know more.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who gives a shlt how many years he signed for?  WTF does that have to do with developing a player?  All QBs before recent history were developed and stood on the sideline before big money deals changed everything.  They were developed.  The Jets are doing it the way they think is right.  A handful of impatient fans always looking for the negative connotation to every move and argue against it.  Like they know more.  

Seriously?

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

that doesnt say he is starting.it says in the 1st 4 days of training camp he is getting reps with the starters...good for him but that doeant make him a starter yet....and it damn sure didnt make him one last year.  

Burris is going to start. Claiborne is garbage

10 hours ago, Freemanm said:

The Jets just lost their starting LT to retirement on what was already a crappy O-line. Whoever plays QB for them this season, his goal should just be to make sure his head is still attached to his body after every game

you actually think clady was going to start for the jets or any team this season?  that decision was made a long time ago.  beachem is penciled in but don't be surprised to see iajalana or maybe even shell at lt.  and even there a solution is to give the lt help with a back or te.  there are ways to negate these edge rushers.  the main thing is to make sure any rusher doesn't get a clean hit on the qb.

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Uh ok if that's the case Dee Milliner is a future HOFer

uhhh...Dee Milliner was a bum in the league even if he never got so much as a hangnail, not even a remotely comparable person.............you really are playing yourself..and the more you respond, the worse your responses get......tsk,tsk,tsk...........

Just now, jetspenguin said:

uhhh...Dee Milliner was a bum in the league even if he never got so much as a hangnail, not even a remotely comparable person.............you really are playing yourself..and the more you respond, the worse your responses get......tsk,tsk,tsk...........

So is Devin Smith "good"?

Just now, thadude said:

Are you Claiborne's cousin?  You are in love with that guy

I said he was a good player...you are coming up with horrible examples and I have to be related? I guess you always did have a problem being positive about anything Jet related so when you give up on making your point you resort to this? I made one comment and said he is a good player which he is......now I am either related or gay? hahahaha your posts age like cheese, not wine...they stink the more you see them.

Do you know what the work objective means or are you just negative about EVERYTHING???

Wait....nevermind. I have read your posts. I already know the answer. 

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I said he was a good player...you are coming up with horrible examples and I have to be related? I guess you always did have a problem being positive about anything Jet related so when you give up on making your point you resort to this? I made one comment and said he is a good player which he is......now I am either related or gay? hahahaha your posts age like cheese, not wine...they stink the more you see them.

Do you know what the work objective means or are you just negative about EVERYTHING???

Wait....nevermind. I have read your posts. I already know the answer. 

Claiborne had one good year in Dallas.  He's been either a JAG or injured the rest of his career. Burris has outplayed him in TC

Sorry if you don't like the facts maybe we can dig up alternative facts where Claiborne is a top 5 CB

Just now, thadude said:

Claiborne had one good year in Dallas.  He's been either a JAG or injured the rest of his career. Burris has outplayed him in TC

Sorry if you don't like the facts maybe we can dig up alternative facts where Claiborne is a top 5 CB

Burris has out played him in what training camp? Please show me where ANYONE has said that!!! You havent even been to camp this year so basically......

1. You have NOT been there to see for yourself.

and

2. You have NOTHING to show that Burris has outplayed Clairborne in the 5 days of camp so far...NO articles, NO videos, NO quotes 

hahahahahahahahaha wow you are sad dude...Burris may be an ok player someday but on the field he hasnt shown he can play in this league yet. I never said Clairborne is a top 5 CB, you are reaching again... and any stats I dig up wont be comparable because Burris doesnt have enough film yet. Are you still trying here? What you are doing now is called "grasping at straws".

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Burris has out played him in what training camp? Please show me where ANYONE has said that!!! You havent even been to camp this year so basically......

1. You have NOT been there to see for yourself.

and

2. You have NOTHING to show that Burris has outplayed Clairborne in the 5 days of camp so far...NO articles, NO videos, NO quotes 

hahahahahahahahaha wow you are sad dude...Burris may be an ok player someday but on the field he hasnt shown he can play in this league yet. I never said Clairborne is a top 5 CB, you are reaching again... and any stats I dig up wont be comparable because Burris doesnt have enough film yet. Are you still trying here? What you are doing now is called "grasping at straws".

Thread is feeling bumpable once Burris takes away your boy's job

Don't worry....  Soon everyone will be saying to stop wasting time with Hackenberg, when it becomes clear to even the densest of fans that he can't play.  The QB "hope" for this team is not on the roster.  He will be drafted in April.

20 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Don't worry....  Soon everyone will be saying to stop wasting time with Hackenberg, when it becomes clear to even the densest of fans that he can't play.  The QB "hope" for this team is not on the roster.  He will be drafted in April.

This is prob correct, but given current QB situation you may as well see what he can do this year.  

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Hopefully by a new GM

On 8/3/2017 at 9:41 AM, jetspenguin said:

What he is learning this year is completely different than what he was learning last year. And what you stated is contradictory, one statement you made is that he needs to be the day one starter and later you wonder if he can't be trusted to start even one game. We all know he is going to start many games this year, the point is does it matter if he starts game 1 or game 3.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nonsense, he's a football player. He's been involved in this for going on 2 decades. Enough excuses; either play at least and play well or we know we need somebody else. McCown could be the single stupidest signing in the history of professional sports. Simply I do not understand this; it was indefensible in every way; timing, $, player development. . 

Just now, Bugg said:

Nonsense, he's a football player. He's been involved in this for going on 2 decades. Enough excuses; either play at least and play well or we know we need somebody else. McCown could be the single stupidest signing in the history of professional sports. Simply I do not understand this; it was indefensible in every way; timing, $, player development. . 

In 2 years Macagnan ha spent $20+ million on Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown

And people on this board actually defend this guy

Not gonna comment on McCown, but if you think none of what I said has any bearing on player development then you really don't understand football.

Sent From My Perch Above the SOJF's

Archived