Marcus Davenport vs Quenton Nelson?

Sarge4Tide

Davenport vs Nelson?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If it came down to Davenport or Nelson, I would......

• STRONGLY Favor Davenport
    • Favor Davenport
    • Be happy with either one, but slight edge to Davenport
    • Be happy with either one, but slight edge to Nelson
    • Favor Nelson
    • STRONGLY Favor Nelson

Nelson 

He might be the best overall player in the draft.

I don’t care if OG is deemed a less valuable position, I’m not passing on a plug and play all-pro guard for the next decade in favor of a total boom or bust passrusher from little pissant UTSA.

Now, if Chubb were to fall to #6, then it would be a different story.

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Nelson 

He might be the best overall player in the draft.

I don’t care if OG is deemed a less valuable position, I’m not passing on a plug and play all-pro guard for the next decade in favor of a total boom or bust passrusher from little pissant UTSA.

Now, if Chubb were to fall to #6, then it would be a different story.

I agree.  Although I am not thrilled with the idea of a guard at 6, but if it came down to choice between Nelson and Davenport, I am taking Nelson who I believe is a much lower risk prospect than Davenport.

I think the Marcus Davenport hype is getting a bit out of hand.  He looked good in the Senior Bowl, after mixed reports on him in practice during the week, but much of that was going up against Brian O'Neill who seemed to struggle against anyone he was lined up against.  First round I can buy, but Top 10 seems like a reach to me.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree.  Although I am not thrilled with the idea of a guard at 6, but if it came down to choice between Nelson and Davenport, I am taking Nelson who I believe is a much lower risk prospect than Davenport.

I think the Marcus Davenport hype is getting a bit out of hand.  He looked good in the Senior Bowl, after mixed reports on him in practice during the week, but much of that was going up against Brian O'Neill who seemed to struggle against anyone he was lined up against.  First round I can buy, but Top 10 seems like a reach to me.

Yep 

Only way I can get on board with Davenport is if the Jets landed Cousins in FA and ended up trading down 10 or so spots from #6 with a team in love with Mayfield or somebody.

Unless we get Chubb, I think OLB is a position to address high in the draft next year.

I really don’t care for Davenport, Key, Landry, etc...and I don’t see Dallas letting Lawrence hit the market. I want nothing to do with paying Ansah $16-18 million a year.

Agree with Lith, the hype is peaking right now. He's not top 10 material. Yet. It's Nelson by a landslide, but i don't see how he's the best player at #6, at least from a value standpoint. We'd have to have signed Cousins, Barkley would have to be off the board and Chubb - who i don't even like.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Agree with Lith, the hype is peaking right now. He's not top 10 material. Yet. It's Nelson by a landslide, but i don't see how he's the best player at #6, at least from a value standpoint. We'd have to have signed Cousins, Barkley would have to be off the board and Chubb - who i don't even like.

I think that’s very possible, though.

The Jets land Cousins in FA and both Barkley and Chubb are off the board at #6.

In that case, I’m having a hard time trying to find someone I would rather have than Nelson.

Basically the only other guy that makes sense at this point is Denzel Ward. At least he’s a pure corner and not a hybrid like Fitz. But even then Ward is undersized.

Plus I fully expect the Jets to address CB in FA. Bring in a guy like Johnson, Butler or Fuller and re-sign Claiborne to a 2 year deal.

I picked Nelson right now but if Davenport lights up the Combine and shoots up draft boards I may reconsider. I think Nelson is a lock to be a great player though and that is something that I'd take into account when making the pick even though Guard at 6 isn't as attractive as a Pass Rusher. There are rushers later in the 2nd round that I really like.

Archived