Air Raid Qbs in the NFL - why are they all bad?

Philc1

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Manziel = Mayfield 

Same offensive system, same playing style, same attitude and virtually the same height

But yes nothing alike

and with your measuring equivalent system Mayfield is virtually the same height as Aaron Rodgers who is practically the same as Brady, who is the same as Big Ben.

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

and with your measuring equivalent system Mayfield is virtually the same height as Aaron Rodgers who is practically the same as Brady, who is the same as Big Ben.

I think Mayfield won’t be as bad as Manziel but his ceiling is Mark Sanchez and what his strengths in the nfl (bootlegs) and weaknesses (easily frustrated, turnovers) will look a lot like Sanchez

Mayfield grabbed his crotch and said FU to Kansas at the 50 yard line on tv if an unranked team got that much under his skin wait til these NFL defenses frustrate him because he has our mediocre roster instead of what he had in OK

• 5 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 10:23 PM, Zerovoltz said:

Pat Mahomes.  If you aren't a believer yet, you will be by about week 4 this year.  Also, if I were a Jets fan or front office guy, etc.  Mayfield would be my pick.

I won't rehash the stats again, that's been done plenty in this thread...but what I would like to emphasize is that Mayfield has taken a TON of reps in college, and progressed every year.  He can start sooner (see what I did there) rather than later, if not day one. 

I can't say I have solid opinions about Darnold or Rosen, but Allen is someone I would run far, far away from.   The worst thing I have read anywhere (not nescesarily here) is that he is the next Big Ben.  No.  He isn't.  Ben also improved throughout his college career and finished with a 68% completion pct.  Allen is going to prove to be another big arm that isn't a good NFL QB because he isn't accurate.  

ZING!!!!!

Archived