La Canfora Observations from Practrice Today

Lith

36 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Mccown is more than beloved by teammates and coaches and can still be a quality backup for a few seasons.  I don't want to move Teddy but if we get a decent offer I think they have to.

What I’m saying is Both McCown and Bridgewater are great mentor/peers for Darnold, so keeping both will be great for his development. I’ll agree if they could actually get a 2nd for Bridgewater that’d be great but not probable 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind that Parry Nickerson and Trent Cannon were 6th round picks, and Brandon Shell was round 5.  None of them are Tom Brady picks, but I'd definitely rather have a 5th round pick than a bag of nothing.  The picks at least *might* turn into something, while keeping Bridgewater for the year will definitely amount to nothing.

It's just a question of how we can get the most for him...

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Again, you don't understand the difference between "QB room" and "QB Talent." When they refer to QB room, they are literally referring to the ROOM the QBs have meetings and go over plays etc.. 

No one is suggesting the combo of TB/Mccown/Darnold is anywhere near as TALENTED or capable of winning games as Rodgers/Trash/Trash.

The age old mistake of thinking only a talented player can teach a young player.  

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Darnold hasn't has his first beer yet and hasn't taken a single regular season snap.  Lifetime Record 0-0

Bridgewater hasn't played in a game that counts in most of two years after the worst leg injury since Theismann.  Lifetime Record 17-11

McCown is a career 33% winner whose played for 391 different teams, and is a darn nice guy.  Lifetime Record 23-50

"Best QB Room in the NFL".

:-k

Yeah, gonna go with "not yet..."

Not even top 10 yet, probably not top 20 yet.

Don't sportwriters/papers rank this stuff?  Are any of them putting us at #1?

<chuckles>

Now you are trolling fish.

The kid has done well in very very limited action.  I see excitement yes and I have a good deal of that myself.  I also see the people who are never really in favor of sitting the young guy taking that same position again here but I don't really see the Jets fan base writ large rushing to anoint Sam Darnold as a finished product just yet.

Cautious optimism is what i am seeing on Sam my friend and even a little optimism that we may have an additional tradeable piece to boot in Teddy Bridgewater.

Everything else boils down to same ole..same ole on whether or not to start the rookie QB... We have been through that discussion for much of the last decade with one QB or another.  Or at least it feels that way.

Archived