Next Head Coach?

TxJetfan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

F it. If we are going to settle and never get over any humps, just bring Rex back. GM or president of football establishes the identity of this team that we are offense first with resources and do not play conservative.

Give Rex a QB and a good offensive coordinator and just cross your fingers. He can scheme up any deficiencies on D from lack of players. The offense will compensate. It’s the best that this sh*t organization can do. At least he can motivate players. I do not know what else is out there and I do not want to go through another Bowles like era with some other first time coach. 

The problem is that no offensive coordinator worth his salt is going to come here to be an offensive coordinator. I'd love Rex as our D Coordinator. But I don't think he would do it. 

Just now, GreenFish said:

The problem is that no offensive coordinator worth his salt is going to come here to be an offensive coordinator. I'd love Rex as our D Coordinator. But I don't think he would do it. 

I’m just venting and rambling. I know Rex wouldn’t be a good head coach. I just hate how the Bowles era is ruining football for me. It’s the only sport that I watch and it’s as bad as it can get. 

55 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

F it. If we are going to settle and never get over any humps, just bring Rex back. GM or president of football establishes the identity of this team that we are offense first with resources and do not play conservative.

Give Rex a QB and a good offensive coordinator and just cross your fingers. He can scheme up any deficiencies on D from lack of players. The offense will compensate. It’s the best that this sh*t organization can do. At least he can motivate players. I do not know what else is out there and I do not want to go through another Bowles like era with some other first time coach. 

Bring back Rex.  At least the defense was good and there aren’t any great candidates out there

Just now, Philc1 said:

Bring back Rex.  At least the defense was good and there aren’t any great candidates out there

It’s sad that I’m at least a little serious/desperate by saying this. That’s how bad Bowles is. Firing Rex was the right move but my god this last 4 years has finally gotten to me. Since I can’t make decisions for the team, all I can do is ramble and remember the good times. There are no good times with Bowles. 

24 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m just venting and rambling. I know Rex wouldn’t be a good head coach. I just hate how the Bowles era is ruining football for me. It’s the only sport that I watch and it’s as bad as it can get. 

I'm in the same boat. Football is the only sport I watch. The NFL to be even more specific. So, weekly sports viewing consistent of me yelling at the screen watching Jets games. It's awful. 

Archived