Ferdie and the Jets

patchyfogg

The game and the salaries have changed since those days. What it would take financially in terms of payments to players and bets with Vegas to cover those expenses would never make it past Vegas and the NFL these days. If you watch enough football, though you can be convinced of anything.

I'm sure it happened in the past.Ken Stabler late in his career (Saints and Oilers)managed to lose some games that were off the charts for strange. May be why he isn't a HoFer. It's probably still possible, but not likely. Too much money from the tv networks for the NFL to allow it to happen. Which is why teams get fined for playing with the injury report.But the Super Bowl III thing sounds like an old guy telling a tale.

If you want to talk about the NBA, I wouldn't be even a little bit suprised.If that hasn't happened already, it will.

How about a FG kicker that never, ever misses at home...indoors, and everything from the snap to the placement was perfect and he sends it so far right you would have thought Hurriance Wilma flew by.

Yeah, Peter King said it best (and you will never see me write that again, I promise), it was like he was aiming for the pylon.

How about a FG kicker that never, ever misses at home...indoors, and everything from the snap to the placement was perfect and he sends it so far right you would have thought Hurriance Wilma flew by.

Never thought about Vanderjacts kick like that, now that I'm reading this thread I can believe it though, especially because he hates Manning.

Archived