Bowles and Jets Have Two Weeks to Prep for Pats

JetNation

3 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Still can't believe Bowles is still the coach. Embarrassment!

who's kidding who?? coach bowles is done here black monday.. 

if woody's brother is a fan of coach bowles, which seems to be the case, why subject the guy & your fan base to the absolute train wreck the next 7 weeks will be inevitable be?? 

I got the feeling that the Titans and Lions spent the offseason drilling plays that would mess up the Patriots (and only the Patriots).  I've never seen a more perfect defensive scheme (especially the Titans) against Tom, at least since the Ravens from back in the day.  However it's a very sophisticated type of defense and really requires a ton of prep time to pull off.  Basically you're going for a complete mixup of what seems like random coverages where there is almost no motion presnap (to not give Brady many reads) and where you frequently rush four and give him a 1-1 on the outside, but make him think that there isn't one (like the safety will take a fake step to try to draw him off). 

Brady from about 7 years ago has no trouble against those D, b/c he could scramble around in the pocket a little more.   but he's beginning to get happy feet with age (especially when he is already worried presnap) and it effects the velocity on his balls as well as his accuracy.

Still, the pats were banged up in the TItans game, and I don't expect a repeat of that performance (even if the Jets always play them hard).  Unfortunately for hte Jets, the Patriots D is underrated (they have good coverage units and their edge rushers are chronically underrated) and their huge glaring weakness (speed at lb and coverage against rbs and TEs) is not a strong suit for us.

15 hours ago, Hael said:

I got the feeling that the Titans and Lions spent the offseason drilling plays that would mess up the Patriots (and only the Patriots).  I've never seen a more perfect defensive scheme (especially the Titans) against Tom, at least since the Ravens from back in the day.  However it's a very sophisticated type of defense and really requires a ton of prep time to pull off.  Basically you're going for a complete mixup of what seems like random coverages where there is almost no motion presnap (to not give Brady many reads) and where you frequently rush four and give him a 1-1 on the outside, but make him think that there isn't one (like the safety will take a fake step to try to draw him off). 

Brady from about 7 years ago has no trouble against those D, b/c he could scramble around in the pocket a little more.   but he's beginning to get happy feet with age (especially when he is already worried presnap) and it effects the velocity on his balls as well as his accuracy.

Still, the pats were banged up in the TItans game, and I don't expect a repeat of that performance (even if the Jets always play them hard).  Unfortunately for hte Jets, the Patriots D is underrated (they have good coverage units and their edge rushers are chronically underrated) and their huge glaring weakness (speed at lb and coverage against rbs and TEs) is not a strong suit for us.

Any defense is underrated when they play us.

Archived