ABC’s ROBIN ROBERTS hosting NFL DRAFT! WTF?!

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When and where did we watch the imaginary "unsantized" version of the NFL draft? 

No where....yet, given that what I said was "The Draft is going to end up being this ultra sanitized version". 

That means that the transformation has yet to be completed, but the signs of the direction is pretty clear. 

What was so good about the good old days?  Like what has changed that anyone should really be crying over? 

I didnt suggest anyone cry over this, that's you just pouring on your version of "extra", but what has changed is the simple ability to be able to get more than just the 1st round on the first night. 

Many people didnt like that change heading into this decade. Before this current schedule, we were able to to get the draft for basically the entire weekend given that back then it was on Saturday and Sunday, but most important the 1st day consisted of both the 1st and 2nd rounds. 

You got a nice healthy dose of the draft and the direction your team was going with their top 2 preimum picks. Day 2 was great given that it's "football Sunday" in April and you get to complete your draft. 

What the NFL did was take that, make it "Prime Time" but separated day 1 into 2 days essentially and then added that day one with a sh*t ton of filler, when many of us at the time would rather have the 2nd round instead of the filler. 

And now that the NFL is going from State to State every year, it gives it that American Idol feel. 

If I could go back and get the first 2 rounds on Saturday and the rest of Sunday like we had in the early 2000's I'd do that, especially now that I live overseas and watching the draft live means that by the time it ends it's 6am my time. That's not much of a problem for me now given that I work for myself, but not many people have that luxury. 

And I doubt that it was a viewership problem, but a broadcasting medium problem, example: 

When I watch the draft now I watch from NFL.com streamed to my TV through my PC. I couldnt do that if I lived in Europe in 2005. 

Viewership has grown because accessibility has expanded. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No where....yet, given that what I said was "The Draft is going to end up being this ultra sanitized version". 

That means that the transformation has yet to be completed, but the signs of the direction is pretty clear.  

I didnt suggest anyone cry over this, that's you just pouring on your version of "extra", but what has changed is the simple ability to be able to get more than just the 1st round on the first night. 

Many people didnt like that change heading into this decade. Before this current schedule, we were able to to get the draft for basically the entire weekend given that back then it was on Saturday and Sunday, but most important the 1st day consisted of both the 1st and 2nd rounds. 

You got a nice healthy dose of the draft and the direction your team was going with their top 2 preimum picks. Day 2 was great given that it's "football Sunday" in April and you get to complete your draft. 

What the NFL did was take that, make it "Prime Time" but separated day 1 into 2 days essentially and then added that day one with a sh*t ton of filler, when many of us at the time would rather have the 2nd round instead of the filler. 

And now that the NFL is going from State to State every year, it gives it that American Idol feel. 

If I could go back and get the first 2 rounds on Saturday and the rest of Sunday like we had in the early 2000's I'd do that, especially now that I live overseas and watching the draft live means that by the time it ends it's 6am my time. That's not much of a problem for me now given that I work for myself, but not many people have that luxury. 

And I doubt that it was a viewership problem, but a broadcasting medium problem, example: 

When I watch the draft now I watch from NFL.com streamed to my TV through my PC. I couldnt do that if I lived in Europe in 2005. 

Viewership has grown because accessibility has expanded. 

OK, then how is it going to become sanitized?  What kind of complaint is this?  Nothing has become sanitized but because a woman is hosting, its going to end up that way.  Thats the part I'm not getting.  Its the draft.  Theyve added more commentators and added more mocks and predictions than the earlier broadcasts.  Thats it

The NFL did nothing to add a shlt ton of filler.  The time between picks has been cut back from what it used to be.  The put it on over 3 days.  From all day Saturday and Sunday.  You're imagining they stretched it out. 

• Upvote 1