ABC’s ROBIN ROBERTS hosting NFL DRAFT! WTF?!

19 hours ago, Dinamite said:

It is on 3 networks (ABC, ESPN, NFL Network) so you can pick and choose your favorite .  

Actually it said it is moving from ESPN to ABC.  But the NFL Network will cover it as usual.  I havent watched ESPN in years unless it has a game on that no other channel will offer.

My issue is that she has not been involved in the sports side of the media for the past 20 or so years. Sage Steele would have been a great choice! It would just be nice if there was a sport that treated itself like, you know A SPORT. Everything has to be massively overproduced and full of cross promotion. You know ABC will be showing promos for some stupid show every 3 minutes and bringing totally irrelevant actors on set for their “football” opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You do realize that she was a sportscaster, right? She started as ESPN in 1990. So the fact that you'd be "just as outraged" by George Stephanopolis or Ryan Seaborn shows what an idiot you are...

If I may quote a post also made by another here....... “My issue is that she has not been involved in the sports side of the media for the past 20 or so years. Sage Steele would have been a great choice! It would just be nice if there was a sport that treated itself like, you know A SPORT. Everything has to bemassively overproduced and full of cross promotion. You know ABC will be showing promos for some stupid show every 3 minutes and bringing totally irrelevant actors on set for their “football” opinions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

If I may quote a post also made by another here....... “My issue is that she has not been involved in the sports side of the media for the past 20 or so years. Sage Steele would have been a great choice! It would just be nice if there was a sport that treated itself like, you know A SPORT. Everything has to bemassively overproduced and full of cross promotion. You know ABC will be showing promos for some stupid show every 3 minutes and bringing totally irrelevant actors on set for their “football” opinions. 

Ah, the old “I would find a different slut less objectionable” defense.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yet you still can't figure out its a just entertainment. All the rookies  coming on the red carpet.  

Go up and give the Commish that stupid awkward, handshake bro hug. 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Related image

I doubt you'll ever see these type of fan reactions anymore. Goodell has scrubbed anything related to poor behavior (ie. poor press) in today's NFL.

This was the Johnny Mitchell selection BTW. ABC will have Roberts doing puff pieces instead of having a reporter up with the fans getting truthful reaction.

Yeah, Goodell got rid of this.  It was a plan.  It was either have a bunch of the same local fans trying to get on tv every year or sharing the event with every city creating more interest.  What a moron that guy is.  Prime time, bigger crowds.  He's a dick.  

Why would who the host is change the puff piece you dream of? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Who cares? They turned it into a sh*tshow anyway. I liked it better on a Saturday afternoon with a bunch of wild ass fans going crazy after each pick. Pretty soon there will be a Red Carpet and the #1 question asked will be "Who are you wearing?".

"Top 5 Best Dressed"

"Best Draft Commercial"

Or maybe a Kardashian will show up to the event?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Watch NFL network then. Roberts is definitely an odd choice though. She was on Primetime in like 93. 

The draft is a tv show now with human interest stories. It ain’t the Saturday template anymore.

I miss the Saturday template.  It was so much fun back then.  Nowadays every league makes it a prime time event.  I understand why but I don't have to like it.  It's also annoying how they give us round 4 onward in the old format as if they're throwing us a bone.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I miss the Saturday template.  It was so much fun back then.  Nowadays every league makes it a prime time event.  I understand why but I don't have to like it.  It's also annoying how they give us round 4 onward in the old format as if they're throwing us a bone.

I remember when it was on weekday afternoons out of the Sheridan Hotel in midtown.  Used to duck in to watch, no lines, no crowds, a simple board with names and teams making 12 rounds of picks

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't mind Robin Roberts but, generally speaking, I'd rather hear male announcers for male sporting events.

Uh-Oh TT.... better delete that ! The PC police (or at least those that like to pretend they are publicly) will have the pitchforks out.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Back in Boozer’s day they didn’t even have concussions. They called it getting your bell rung. You got your bell rung enough times you didn’t even need a helmet. Krauts wore those big helmets with the spike on top. Can’t trust a kraut. So that’s where we are. Women talking about 40 times. Unholy. Women can’t even run the 40 because of their uterus. What kinda name is Jussie anyway? Shoulda given him the hose just for that. Him and his momma.

latest?cb=20170403134715

I see you're channeling your inner Buford T. Justice. 

This is the same board that destroyed Beth Mowins the night she called the Jets vs Browns game on ESPN last season, and had countless posts calling her every name under the sun for doing it.

What a joke that was, especially since Mowins has the same sports chops (both playing and broadcasting) as Roberts. 

Almost as much of a joke as how it’s suddenly become sexist(?) to question the choice of Robin Roberts to host the NFL draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1