ABC’s ROBIN ROBERTS hosting NFL DRAFT! WTF?!

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I miss the good old days of the draft when Jimmy The Greek was the host, every pick was announced by a ring girl holding a huge card like at a boxing match, any one who went to the combine was ineligible (newsflash homo's, football is played in pads not shorts), yeah the draft sure was better before the ****en millennials ruined it

I’m a little older than you are and I can remember when you weren’t even eligible to be drafted unless you were active duty military and had won the Congressional Medal of Honor. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sorry Nuu, I wouldn't complain, but I surely wouldn't watch.  Michael Strahan is a self serving, self worshiping dickhead. 

As for Robin Roberts, I'm with @32EBoozer .   I can see her now, sitting in her chair, with her list of milquetoast, canned, human interest themed questions.  I could do without that too.  How about a current, viable, engaging "Football Analyst"?  Is that too much too ask?  Guess so.  Pity.

Should get Stephen A in there or maybe Salisbury 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I miss the good old days of the draft when Jimmy The Greek was the host, every pick was announced by a ring girl holding a huge card like at a boxing match, any one who went to the combine was ineligible (newsflash homo's, football is played in pads not shorts), yeah the draft sure was better before the ****en millennials ruined it

MODERN DAY GLADIATORS BRO

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Still trying to figure out what the hell this even means

Related image

I doubt you'll ever see these type of fan reactions anymore. Goodell has scrubbed anything related to poor behavior (ie. poor press) in today's NFL.

This was the Johnny Mitchell selection BTW. ABC will have Roberts doing puff pieces instead of having a reporter up with the fans getting truthful reaction.

• Upvote 1

Can't tell if this thread is meant sarcastically...

RR was a longtime SC anchor and is host to one of ABC's biggest properties. Considering their ESPN crew will be working the ESPN feed, makes perfect sense for them to leverage her on the ABC broadcast.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Related image

I doubt you'll ever see these type of fan reactions anymore. Goodell has scrubbed anything related to poor behavior (ie. poor press) in today's NFL.

This was the Johnny Mitchell selection BTW. ABC will have Roberts doing puff pieces instead of having a reporter up with the fans getting truthful reaction.

Disgusting, when will this ******* country learn

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Why's that? The fact that a host from Good Morning America is the host for the NFL Draft is ok with you?? I would have equally complained if it was George Stephanopolis or Ryan Seaborn! The point is the draft has become so watered down and PC in the Goodell era that it's not enjoyable anymore.

You do realize that she was a sportscaster, right? She started as ESPN in 1990. So the fact that you'd be "just as outraged" by George Stephanopolis or Ryan Seaborn shows what an idiot you are...

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m a little older than you are and I can remember when you weren’t even eligible to be drafted unless you were active duty military and had won the Congressional Medal of Honor. 

Draft’s been soft ever since Hacksaw Jim Dugan stopped hosting.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Place hasn’t been the same since drunk and belligerent fatties wearing Klecko jerseys tucked into their Levi’s were driven into the hills by leftist sharia.

I bet they don’t even wish any of the players drafted a Merry Christmas.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Back in Boozer’s day they didn’t even have concussions. They called it getting your bell rung. You got your bell rung enough times you didn’t even need a helmet. Krauts wore those big helmets with the spike on top. Can’t trust a kraut. So that’s where we are. Women talking about 40 times. Unholy. Women can’t even run the 40 because of their uterus. What kinda name is Jussie anyway? Shoulda given him the hose just for that. Him and his momma.

Plot twist, he's actually Carlos Boozer.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Back in Boozer’s day they didn’t even have concussions. They called it getting your bell rung. You got your bell rung enough times you didn’t even need a helmet. Krauts wore those big helmets with the spike on top. Can’t trust a kraut. So that’s where we are. Women talking about 40 times. Unholy. Women can’t even run the 40 because of their uterus. What kinda name is Jussie anyway? Shoulda given him the hose just for that. Him and his momma.

You know what women are track stars these days? Winning all the HS championships?

The type of women with dicks. 

Btw, I can not WAIT for the next Olympics- what a sh*t show that’s going to be. 

All the progressives trying to countenance men winning women’s gold medals in sports they just took up as hobbies a few months ago. Breaking records by the vagina-full. 

These imbeciles are going to be eating themselves. 

• Sympathy 1

I remember when Robin Roberts first came to ESPN. It was awkward and appeared forced. I believe she came from the Atlanta market, and it was at  a time when ESPN needed to brand itself as something more expansive than a jock talking heads lounge.

Robin Roberts has accomplished many, many great moments in her career. And overcome many obstacles. 

But her entry point on a national stage, as a sports host, was handled in a ham-handed manner.