SOJ or beginning of a new era?

82nd Airborne

5 hours ago, varjet said:

In what defense?  In a 3-4, would they be better than Mo and Sheldon at their primes, with Leo too?  What did that get us?

In a 4-3 that we say we are not running?  That has potential, but better than Donald and Suh?  We don't have Dante Fowler to play the EDGE.  

My point is that we are back to 2015-Quinnen may be the BPA at 3, but he is really not a fit for this team, just like Leo was not either.  

I don't  think you can compare Mo, Sheldon and Leo 3-4 that was designed by one of the worst HC we ever had to what William's will scheme for this D. This is going to be the first year Leo has a real DC coaching him and I think you will see a huge difference. Leo has ability. I have seen him on many occasions  push 300lb OG 5 yards into the backfield  when they don't  double him and that is what QW and Greg William's will do. They will free him up. 

Personally I would rather have Allen. I ha E really warmed up to him but I would not be upset at all if QW is the pick. The guy is a monster and he dominates. 

11 hours ago, jbt said:

All depends on Darnold and if he takes that big leap like Goff and Trubisky in their 2nd year

This.

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Darnold cant do it alone. 

If the OL plays decent, he's got enough help around him now Joe.

Bell, Crowder, Robbie, Herndon and Enunwa in a Gase offense give him plenty of options. He has to take that big leap forward like @jbt said. The training wheels come off this year.

Nothing would make me happier then to see him justify the confidence so many of you have showering him with accolades, but I'll hold off joining the party until I see a lot more then he's shown so far.

19 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Way more successful but without the Lombardi trophies. 

The Cowboys don't have crappy fair weather fans like the JETS... This team since 2000 is in the top half of the league in terms of overall success...

Which should be enough even for those lame JETS fans but isn't.

Archived