Mike Lombardi takes a dump on Mike McCagnan

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Nope he loses all credibility with me . A jilted parent will spin whatever they want to make their kids look like victims.

Lol ok. I could care less about the guy. But he said is no different from what most around the league have been saying for years. Mac is not qualified, Mac ignores the OL, especially drafts, and etc

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ok. I could care less about the guy. But he said is no different from what most around the league have been saying for years. Mac is not qualified, Mac ignores the OL, especially drafts, and etc

But he started the Gase/Mac rumors to stir up chaos . Lombardi has ties to the Pats and his son was hired by the Pats 

As soon as the Jets drafted Darnold, the very next pick should have been someone on offense to help him.  IMO, and OL.  However, what did Mac do?  Draft a DT, a rather "old" small-school one, to boot.

Pick should have been the best OL on the board, or maybe a WR if a really good one had fallen to that spot.  

Yes, just one pick, but symbolizes Mac's entire draft philosophy: defense over offense, and a scout's mentality rather than a GM who needs to look at picking in the context of what he has on his team.  The Jets had, and still have, a crap OL.

38 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ok I understand that. My point is he is just copying what anyone with a Brain has said about Mac. 

At this point I  don't even care why Mac was fired and I wasn't one of his bashers. But now the spin is bringing Gase into the fire and the guy hasn't even coached a game for the Jets yet, that's where my objection is with all the rumor mongering.

11 minutes ago, peebag said:

I don't think you quite grasp the main gist of people's anger.

It's not that Mac was fired but the timing of it.

I get it and it’s annoying and hilarious. We got the imbecile out of the front office that’s all that matters 

23 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

As soon as the Jets drafted Darnold, the very next pick should have been someone on offense to help him.  IMO, and OL.  However, what did Mac do?  Draft a DT, a rather "old" small-school one, to boot.

Pick should have been the best OL on the board, or maybe a WR if a really good one had fallen to that spot.  

Yes, just one pick, but symbolizes Mac's entire draft philosophy: defense over offense, and a scout's mentality rather than a GM who needs to look at picking in the context of what he has on his team.  The Jets had, and still have, a crap OL.

Its actually amazing how a lower round pick, players who barely make the team, can show how the GM thinks.  

Idzik had his 12, but it was Jalin Saunders and Shaq Evans which confirmed to everyone that he did know what he was doing.

Mac picking Shepherd over Brown and Okorafor, and his fourth round picks and below this year, were the final straws at least for me.

Now we know that Mac was basically a figurehead, and it was Heimerdinger making the picks.  That probably explains why they both were fired.