Bell's Workouts

KRL

19 hours ago, JiF said:

As I mentioned probably 100 times, what Bell is doing on his own compared to what the Jets are doing in practice is night and day.  The Jets are playing organized hopscotch with some light grabass, Bell is grinding like he's Rocky preparing for Drago. 

I understand the chemistry piece but there is plenty of time for that before the season starts.  I dont think missing a handful of practices in May is going to do any lasting damage to team chemistry.  Darnold and Bell will become besties with the quickness once the mandatory stuff starts happening.  And the other factor everyone keeps skipping over, is Bell has been in the building.  He's met the team, the coaches, has the playbook and done some workouts.  It's not like he's been MIA.  

You're a funny guy. :)  Well said.  

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

geez this video is stupid. I don't mind that you missed OTAs, Lev.  But it's a little late in the game to broadcast a uniform reveal. pppbt.  fail.

It's media day. They were all doing that yesterday. 

I still say that having Bell, KO, Crowder and Mosely come out at the end of that uniform reveal party would have made it epic. Like the lights go out and then those four beasts come out wearing the new uniforms. The crowd would have gone nuts and the world would have been put on attention. 

Maybe even Gase could have come out holding a Grim Reaper sickle. 

But nope. Herndon and Avery were enough :)   No showmanship around here. 

11 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Football is a team sport. It is nice when your better players want to show up even if it is not mandatory it sends a better message to the younger guys and the guys who have not played their best football. I don't hate bell for not showing up I get it.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

In a team sport where you get paid individually, I tend to disagree with this.

Yes it holds value to have your top guys in the facility but in this day and age, I am not sure how much of that value holds for the running back position. 

With Bell not showing to these voluntary work outs, gives the young guys his reps and gives them more opportunity to show the coaching staff what they can do.

For example, Derrick Jones/Perry Nickerson are benefiting by Trumaine Johnson not being in camp. I am sure behind closed doors these guys are hoping they don't show up until the last minute so they get the reps to show the coaching staff to give them playing time. 

Eli McCguire/ Ty Montgomery could care less about Bell not shows up to these things, as long as they are getting reps. 

Now when it comes down to games actually counting, and teams actually scheming against each other, spending time breaking down defensive tendencies to go against. Then yes, his value in the film room, preparation for games, practice, can go a long way.