The Seahawks are going to be pissed...

Bugg

...if they have internet access in the next 5 hours. SI presumes a Steeler win; they don't have a package to commemorate a Seahawk win. Don't buy all the hype.Writers have to write something in these interminable 2 weeks. I don't think anything else has to be said to get either team up for the game But this would really piss me off were I a Seahawks fan-

https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/si_sb40sub.jhtml?experience_id=122866&source_id=1

...if they have internet access in the next 5 hours. SI presumes a Steeler win; they don't have a package to commemorate a Seahawk win. Don't buy all the hype.Writers have to write something in these interminable 2 weeks. I don't think anything else has to be said to get either team up for the game But this would really piss me off were I a Seahawks fan-

https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/si_sb40sub.jhtml?experience_id=122866&source_id=1

Dewey_beats_Truman.jpg

Seahawks get no respect. Forget the fact they have a better offense I think they're defense may actually be better too. Steelers d is over-rated and THe Hawks get no love for absolutely shutting down the Panthers who managed to put up points against everyone all year.

Seahawks get no respect. Forget the fact they have a better offense I think they're defense may actually be better too. Steelers d is over-rated and THe Hawks get no love for absolutely shutting down the Panthers who managed to put up points against everyone all year.

The Seahawks should get more credit for shutting down Carolina? The same Carolina team who was down to their 4th string running back? The Seahawks were able to focus completely on Steve Smith because of Carolina's injury problems.

On another note, how can the Steeler defense be overrated? They shut down a high powered Bengals offense (Palmer or not), a prolific Peyton Manning and the Indy offense, and a rejuvenated offense in Denver. Now go ahead and tell me their overrated, that's fine but give me some sort of proof or support to the outrageous claim.

The Seahawks should get more credit for shutting down Carolina? The same Carolina team who was down to their 4th string running back? The Seahawks were able to focus completely on Steve Smith because of Carolina's injury problems.

On another note, how can the Steeler defense be overrated? They shut down a high powered Bengals offense (Palmer or not), a prolific Peyton Manning and the Indy offense, and a rejuvenated offense in Denver. Now go ahead and tell me their overrated, that's fine but give me some sort of proof or support to the outrageous claim.

First off 3rd string RB's in the NFL are certainly no push overs. Cedric Houston looked better than Martin or Blaylock so that argument doesn't hold water especially when you look at what Goings has accomplished the year before with multiple 100 yard games, I personally think RB's are most dispossable players on the field.

As far as shutting down the Carson Palmerless Bengals you already gave my answer to that. The Colts looked awful all day completely out of sync and even so it was the Steelers offense that won that game. Not to mention they were a Ben Rothlesburger saving tackle away from losing that game. Jake Plummer wet the bed the night before that game, there is really no other explanation for the reason he played so poorly. 2 INT's and 2 fumbles... Even with all this said none of these teams have put up as many points as the Seahawks have this season. SA is the best RB they will have faced so far and without mentioning the QB it's my opinion that Seatle's biggest weapon is their offensive line.

The steelers have ben fortunate to get points on the board early and play the game with a lead. If the Seahawks can either score first or keep the game tight for the first half I think they're secondary is very exploitable. They rely on the pass rush to get so much pressure they won't have to cover more than 3 step drops.

With 2 weeks to prepare for what they have been doing I gotta think the seahawks will do what I would and thats either spread the field with 3 wide recievers or go with a max protection scheme on passing downs. The steelers are over-rated and I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

Yes Nick Goings is a viuable option at RB. One that the Panthers lost very early in the game. 3rd string RBs may not be pushovers, but 4th teamers most assuredly are.

Your Bengals argument can't be held up because Carson Palmer got hurt, not if you say that the Panthers should have been fine with their 4th string RB. Otherwise you're being hypocritical. I'm sure you'd take Jon Kitna and the Bengals weapons over a 4th string RB and the rest of the Panthers offense. It isn't like Kitna is a slouch.

The Colts looked out of sync all day because the Steelers forced them to do so. The Steelers D forced Manning into bad throws and no throws due to sacks. You cannot blame the Colts game completely on the Colts offense without giving the defense of the Steelers some credit. Same thing goes for Denver. Plummer may be an awful QB, but he did very well against other teams this season.

Give credit where it is due, the Steelers have a very good to broderline great defense, and we all know what wins championships.

Archived