Bengals | Contract talks non-existent for Kitna

Smizzy

Bengals | Contract talks non-existent for Kitna

Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:46:08 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Jon Kitna said Tuesday, Feb. 7, that the team has not talked to him in the past month on a new contract. With the Bengals recently signing QB Doug Johnson to be the backup quarterback, Kitna will become an unrestricted free agent on March 3.

Kitna would be a good option.

I disagree. The guy had one good season (sound familiar) and the rest of his career he was garbage. The best the Jets could do with him is tread water, but not get any better. I don't see him as an upgrade over Bollinger and I don't like Bollinger. I don't want this guy here

I disagree. The guy had one good season (sound familiar) and the rest of his career he was garbage. The best the Jets could do with him is tread water, but not get any better. I don't see him as an upgrade over Bollinger and I don't like Bollinger. I don't want this guy here

I agree, wtf did Kitna ever accompplish that would warrant throwing money at him to be our #1 guy??? Pass.

Kitna would be a very good stop-gap. If it comes down to trading Abe or a high pick for Rivers or Schaub, or giving away nothing for Kitna, I'll take Kitna.

The Jets are not going to be world-beaters next season. It's going to take a few years to rebuild. Kitna would be very good until we could transition from Pennington to a new franchise quarterback. It's going to be hard to bring in the next franchise Qb with Pennington's gigantic contract on the books. We need a stop-gap to ease the transition. Kitna or Kerry Collins? That's a pretty easy decision.

Kitna would be a very good stop-gap. If it comes down to trading Abe or a high pick for Rivers or Schaub, or giving away nothing for Kitna, I'll take Kitna.

The Jets are not going to be world-beaters next season. It's going to take a few years to rebuild. Kitna would be very good until we could transition from Pennington to a new franchise quarterback. It's going to be hard to bring in the next franchise Qb with Pennington's gigantic contract on the books. We need a stop-gap to ease the transition. Kitna or Kerry Collins? That's a pretty easy decision.

Precisely.

Archived