Instant Respect?

4HCrew

Just because Mangini and Tannenbaum are clearly running the show does not mean anything to the rest of the league and the current players. The respect factor is going to have to be earned. This is a veteran team and the first impressions mean alot. If Mangini does not wield a stern forceful sword early he is going to have a hell of a time getting things going. Sure you can say welll get rid of those players...well that will take time and cap hits and at times just is not capable of happening. I think Mangini and MT have a lot to prove to this organization in the coming months to get this organization in the right direction. It is ok to be patient and endure a learning curve but cannot walk around blindly either.

Yeah... but it is a good start comparing to Edwards' first time taking over Jets' HC....

I hope he is alike Andy Reid...

You can't be serious. We only had 1 coach learning on the job with herm. We now have an etire staff who will be learning on the job.

Good start? why because of their names? the staffs are not finalized and there are major personnel decisions to be made. Right now just anxious moments in my eyes to see what is going to transpire

mangini/shoetenheimer/tannenbaum may not have experience in their respective roles but that is not necessarily a bad thing. when denny green took over in arizona we all heard about him cleaning house and making the cards into winners. he cut some of the vets, installed his system, brought in his players and 2 years later the cards are no better.

mangini/tannenbaum's success will be a function of their ability to make decisions in the off-season and then gameplan and game management. i have no doubt that mangini will always be prepared for the game (anti-herm) and will be a sound game manager. finding players to fit the system will be key.

You can't be serious. We only had 1 coach learning on the job with herm. We now have an etire staff who will be learning on the job.

Jets want to revamp the organization... Most fans hate Edwards and Bradway as HC and GM and they are replaced with Parcells-Belicheck family people... It is still a good start.... Success or not.

Jets want to revamp the organization... Most fans hate Edwards and Bradway as HC and GM and they are replaced with Parcells-Belicheck family people... It is still a good start.... Success or not.

It's a start yes...But we aren't in any better shape now than when Herm came in other than we have more potential.

The last time I saw this much unearned unbridled enthusiasm for a coach was in 1994.

After the Jets quit on Pete Carroll in the last game of the season, everybody said the next coach HAS to be better.

That coach was Rich Kotite.

This entire staff has no NFL experience in their jobs. Please tell me who is going to mentor them? The GM can't give any advice to the HC, who can't give any advice to the OC, who can't give any advice to the OL coach. BTW, if Mangini was such a great HC candidate, why did not one other team express any interest?

It's one thing to bring in new blood. I support that. But there has to be some experience somewhere in the organization. Otherwise, who do you learn from? Unless you believe that one of these guys is the penultimate mind in the pro football game, and has an entirely new system divised in his head, I don't understand how you can be so optimistic. For all we know, 8 kids from P.S. 46 coul dbe as good as these people.

I hope they succeed, I really do, because I can't take another 5 years of being the laughingstock of the NFL. But there is no one here that can give me a good reason why I should believe that. No one can possibly know.

Patience is not an innate quality of Jets fans. BUt it had better be soon.

I'm willing to give these guys the rope they need...I just hope the rope isn't used for a hanging. Listen, anyone (Jet fans in particular) think that these guys are going to be given more than two years to put a quality product on the field is only fooling themselves. Fans will not tolerate a crapper more than a year much less two. Mark my words, Jet fans will be complaining WTF is going on in a NFL world where 4-12 teams can turn it around the following year.

The last time I saw this much unearned unbridled enthusiasm for a coach was in 1994.

After the Jets quit on Pete Carroll in the last game of the season, everybody said the next coach HAS to be better.

That coach was Rich Kotite.

This entire staff has no NFL experience in their jobs. Please tell me who is going to mentor them? The GM can't give any advice to the HC, who can't give any advice to the OC, who can't give any advice to the OL coach. BTW, if Mangini was such a great HC candidate, why did not one other team express any interest?

It's one thing to bring in new blood. I support that. But there has to be some experience somewhere in the organization. Otherwise, who do you learn from? Unless you believe that one of these guys is the penultimate mind in the pro football game, and has an entirely new system divised in his head, I don't understand how you can be so optimistic. For all we know, 8 kids from P.S. 46 coul dbe as good as these people.

I hope they succeed, I really do, because I can't take another 5 years of being the laughingstock of the NFL. But there is no one here that can give me a good reason why I should believe that. No one can possibly know.

Patience is not an innate quality of Jets fans. BUt it had better be soon.

His close buddy is the assistant-GM on the Jets. The Jets intervied him his first day back from Denver & offered him a contract on the spot.

Basically it's the same reason no one else other than KC expressed interest in Herm. Or Tuna. Or BB. The other teams all knew that it was a done deal already.

Archived