On Front Page: Final Season Power Rankings

Gang Green Girl

7. New England – the Pats were lucky the rest of the AFC slipped further than they did. I’m not sure why so much hype surrounded what was an 11-7 team. There are needs on the OL, RB, WR, and CB that, unless addressed, will keep the Pats from contending again in 2006.

With Matt Light fully healthy next season, and the solid years that Mankins and Kazcur had, how do the Pats have "needs" on the OLine. That is one of the deepest postions on the team.

And where are the same "needs" at WR? Unless they can't resign Givens, the Pats WR's are all set.

You missed the biggest need of the Pats entirely. The need to get younger at the LB position.

I agree with RB and CB.

You can't only blame the RB position for all the problems the team had rushing this year. With the attention that Brady and the passing game gets, they should have had more success. I like Mankins and Kazcur, and Matt Light is solid if healthy, but that leaves two holes to fill. Somebody wasn't getting it done up front.

At WR, David Givens caught two TDs this year. Mike Vrabel had three. They need someone else to go with Branch.

I agree that they need to get younger at LB, but Vrabel, Colvin, and Bruschi are still productive. I don't think it's their biggest need, and they are unlikely to find a free agent or draft pick who sends any of those guys to the bench.

Fair enough Nick, I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I still say the Pats go RB/LB or LB/RB with their first two picks this year.

Fair enough Nick, I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I still say the Pats go RB/LB or LB/RB with their first two picks this year.

Tx....one of the reasons that we asked Nick to write for us is because he brings a different perspective to things. Certainly this is a NY Jets fan site. But Nick used to be a Bronco's season ticket holder. That is why we ask him to write our NFL pieces. He is objective. Something we can't always be.

Oh and he knows his stuff.

Gotta go, the meatloaf is ready.

Tx....one of the reasons that we asked Nick to write for us is because he brings a different perspective to things. Certainly this is a NY Jets fan site. But Nick used to be a Bronco's season ticket holder. That is why we ask him to write our NFL pieces. He is objective. Something we can't always be.

Oh and he knows his stuff.

Not sure what the purpose of your post is Max.

I think Nick is an excellent writer and I always enjoy reading what he has to say.

All I did was comment on what he wrote.

Not sure what the purpose of your post is Max.

I think Nick is an excellent writer and I always enjoy reading what he has to say.

All I did was comment on what he wrote.

Tx....I need to use a smiley when I am being serious. Just haven't found the right one. Wasn't knocking you, was just giving Nick a compliment. The other stuff was serious....he is not Jets biased which is important to us (at least when we are talking about the NFL).

As far as the meatloaf goes....that was just an inside joke. One of my personal favorites.

:cheers:

do you think if Dillon gets even slightly better blocking he can return to 2004 form?

While I was limited in the amount of games I saw, the blocking in the games I saw was terrible. Where in 2004 Dillon was more often then not hitting the LOS in stride. Last year however, the defense was penetrating the LOS and interupting Dillon's runs. Which ultimately resulted in him contracting Antowainitis (Big Man Tentativeness).

PFSIKH,

Personally, I feel Dillon's days as the featured RB are over.

Last year, he was slow hitting the holes and had no ability to use his speed and quickness to bounce one to the outside.

I agree, the blocking wasn't all that terrific, but great RB's always seem to make something out of nothing.

Dillon just could not do that last season.

Archived