Rumor: The Jets not bringing Lac Edwards back?

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

It's not the yardage, it's the kicking to the 15-20 yard line instead of trying to get it inside the 10

he had 38 punts inside the 20 and a 3% Touchback %. Net average of 41.5 yds.  He is ranked 13th out punters with more than 50 punts.  And it was a down year for him I'm pretty sure. He's a good punter.  Getting rid of him seems foolish unless he wants to be paid the highest in the league or something.  

Ever hear the saying if it aint broke...? 

• Upvote 2

I think the guy that is signed under a future contract did pretty good last preseason... if it's the same guy.  

I'd like to see Edwards come back but I can see why in general GM's do not want to pay $$$ to a punter when the team has many other needs. Hope he comes back on a cheap contract.. we already went through that FG fiasco last year and now a punter? eh..  poor special teams coach ? 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

he had 38 punts inside the 20 and a 3% Touchback %. Net average of 41.5 yds.  He is ranked 13th out punters with more than 50 punts.  And it was a down year for him I'm pretty sure. He's a good punter.  Getting rid of him seems foolish unless he wants to be paid the highest in the league or something.  

Ever hear the saying if it aint broke...? 

Inside the 20 you say.  How many inside the 10? I can almost guarantee he's very close to last in that category.  Kicking the ball to the 19 is not a good punt so that statistic is utterly useless. 

22 hours ago, choon328 said:

He was wildly inconsistent this past season. He made some really bad kicks in big moments. He's replaceable at a fraction of the cost

I don't think big moments and NYJ 2019 football season belong in the same sentence.

Inside the 20 you say.  How many inside the 10? I can almost guarantee he's very close to last in that category.  Kicking the ball to the 19 is not a good punt so that statistic is utterly useless. 

Yeah. I couldn’t find that particular stat. I’m sure it’s out there but this is what I got.
What’s wrong with punting inside the 20? That’s a long field. I’m sure there are some to the 19 like you say but that stat also includes the 11-18 TD lines. Those are good punts. The % that’s most important next to net average is the touchback %. It’s very low.

Also his average punt is 46 yds. That’s the best ever for a Jets punter. (I believe)
My whole point is that he’s good. Above average. It can be much much worse and I’m not so sure fooling around with the position is a wise choice.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah. I couldn’t find that particular stat. I’m sure it’s out there but this is what I got.
What’s wrong with punting inside the 20? That’s a long field. I’m sure there are some to the 19 like you say but that stat also includes the 11-18 TD lines. Those are good punts. The % that’s most important next to net average is the touchback %. It’s very low.

Also his average punt is 46 yds. That’s the best ever for a Jets punter. (I believe)
My whole point is that he’s good. Above average. It can be much much worse and I’m not so sure fooling around with the position is a wise choice.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

His touchback percentage is low bc he doesn't ever try to land the ball inside the 10.