Jeff Weaver- still unsigned

faba

I really believe the guy is a major headcase...there are lots of headcases out there, but this guy can't control his emotions...I remember all too well a couple of episodes in the Yankee dugout.

I said a few weeks ago that I thought Baltimore would sign him (not that he'd be good there, but the O's would want another arm in that rotation) and aside from a couple of rumors about the O's or a possible return to the Dodgers, there hasn't been much press on where he might land.

I said a few weeks ago that I thought Baltimore would sign him (not that he'd be good there, but the O's would want another arm in that rotation) and aside from a couple of rumors about the O's or a possible return to the Dodgers, there hasn't been much press on where he might land.

Not saying I love Weaver but considering money payed to scrubs throughout the leagues for him not to be signed by a team is unusual

If it wasn't for his absolutely ridiculous asking price I'd say Detroit should snap him up in a heartbeat. Perhaps being wearing the Olde English D will get him back to where he was.

Depending on how the battle for the 5th rotation spot goes with Zumaya, Verlander, and Colon, Weaver would be a good fit at Comerica Park if those 3 bomb in spring training

If it wasn't for his absolutely ridiculous asking price I'd say Detroit should snap him up in a heartbeat. Perhaps being wearing the Olde English D will get him back to where he was.

Depending on how the battle for the 5th rotation spot goes with Zumaya, Verlander, and Colon, Weaver would be a good fit at Comerica Park if those 3 bomb in spring training

If a Jeff Weaver is your #5, your staff is in fairly good hands, IMO.

Angels signed RHP Jeff Weaver, who had been with the Los Angeles Dodgers, to a one-year, $8.5 million contract.

Took a discount from his 10 million asking price but he belongs in Cal- laid back environment-his younger brother is in their organization also

Archived