Last to post in this thread wins

Everything was expensive back in the 90s when I was there. I would hate to see what gas costs now.

Because you have to convert $ to Euro and gallons to liters, I find it easier to just act like it is something else and ignore the fact that it's so damn expensive. I pretend that the car is powered by some renewable, clean burning substance and not 93 octane.

Because you have to convert $ to Euro and gallons to liters, I find it easier to just act like it is something else and ignore the fact that it's so damn expensive. I pretend that the car is powered by some renewable, clean burning substance and not 93 octane.

When the family and I went to Paris one time...we took two cans of gas so we could make it back to the German border before refeuling.

Another time..we topped off in Paris and it cost like 40 dollars to fill my Corolla.

Where are you? It's about 1.15 in Milan. Still there are a hell of a lot more litres in a tank than gallons. We can get coupons to save a little, but they are a pain in the ass.

Do they ration them? We could only get so many a month that made extensive travel problematic.

Do they ration them? We could only get so many a month that made extensive travel problematic.

Yeah, I think they do, but it's more than enough for us. They give you a decent amount. We won't use the car daily, just for trips north. Probably continue to use the train to hit southern Italy. I won't know for sure until the car gets here. They didn't even ship it yet!:eek:

Stop being silly and please provide some insight on international travel in your next post.

If you're flying from Dublin to Newark on Continental, you really are better getting out and trying to thumb a lift on a passing flight to JFK.

Unless it's Aeroflot.

Or one of those Nigerian airlines.

Or John Travolta.

Where are you? It's about 1.15 in Milan. Still there are a hell of a lot more litres in a tank than gallons. We can get coupons to save a little, but they are a pain in the ass.

There are approx 4 litres in a gallon. That puts the cost of petrol in Europe, on average, around $4.50 a gallon.

The rest of the World (barring the Middle East and the USA) pay about the same.

There are approx 4 litres in a gallon. That puts the cost of petrol in Europe, on average, around $4.50 a gallon.

The rest of the World (barring the Middle East and the USA) pay about the same.

It's 1.15 Euro/liter around Milan. Each Euro is about $1.28. 3.78 liters in a gallon, I come up with around $5.57 a gallon. Even with the coupons we still pay considerably more than in the States. I'm getting a bike. At least the mileage will be good, hopefully I won't kill myself.

It's 1.15 Euro/liter around Milan. Each Euro is about $1.28. 3.78 liters in a gallon, I come up with around $5.57 a gallon. Even with the coupons we still pay considerably more than in the States. I'm getting a bike. At least the mileage will be good, hopefully I won't kill myself.

Do you mean a Vespa?

As much as I bitch about the price of petrol I know that it is cheap here.

I was back in Australia a few years ago and it cost be $55 AUD to fill-up my rental car. That's when I realized we have it pretty good over here in the States.

Do you mean a Vespa?

I was back in Australia a few years ago and it cost be $55 AUD to fill-up my rental car. That's when I realized we have it pretty good over here in the States.

No Vespas. I'm straight. Either a Buell, Ducati or Moto Guzzi. All depends on how much I want to spend and if I can take it home with me.

No Vespas. I'm straight. Either a Buell, Ducati or Moto Guzzi. All depends on how much I want to spend and if I can take it home with me.

Why don't you get one of those cars that are about 6 feet long and 4 feet high and are only found in Europe? That should save you some $$

Do you mean a Vespa?

Why don't you get one of those cars that are about 6 feet long and 4 feet high and are only found in Europe? That should save you some $$

We're already shipping my wife's Jetta. They're going to sell those Smart cars in the states next year. They park them facing the curb and they fit and don't stick out compared to parallel parked cars. I'm getting a bike no matter what. I need a toy since I couldn't ship my cars.

#27,

Gainzo & I are going to come out there and drink with you sometime.

It's a long flight, but the wine is cheap. You can get a good solid bottle for about 2 Euro. Italians always drink but never seem drunk. I think it's because you drink wine, wine, wine, moscato, grappa, caffe corretto, but you are eating a full meal during each drink. I'm still adjusting. Buy bigger pants.

It's a long flight, but the wine is cheap. You can get a good solid bottle for about 2 Euro. Italians always drink but never seem drunk. I think it's because you drink wine, wine, wine, moscato, grappa, caffe corretto, but you are eating a full meal during each drink. I'm still adjusting. Buy bigger pants.

That flight is nothing! :P

We're already shipping my wife's Jetta. They're going to sell those Smart cars in the states next year. They park them facing the curb and they fit and don't stick out compared to parallel parked cars. I'm getting a bike no matter what. I need a toy since I couldn't ship my cars.

Those smart cars are utterly hideous though.