Does Glenn Shill For Manish?

Its like clockwork that Glenn is coming out and defending Manish in some capacity. 

This last time when Manish posted that the Jets are "Expected to sign Logan Ryan" I feel like the criticism is warranted, and not just exclusively for Manish but anyone who covered it in this fashion. I just know that Manish was first and he made a calculated move to post this with the wording that he did knowing he could be first and break the story if it went through, but also that it could have severe backlash if it did not. 

It was a swing and a miss for Manish, so I believe that the criticism is absolutely warranted. Manish was manipulated by a source who was clearly linked to Logan Ryan and used as a pawn to try and drive interest. I don't understand why criticizing someone who is willing to post misinformation only to be first is unwarranted. So why does Glenn always defend Manish?

• Thumb Down 3

7 minutes ago, Connor Huge said:

Its like clockwork that Glenn is coming out and defending Manish in some capacity. 

This last time when Manish posted that the Jets are "Expected to sign Logan Ryan" I feel like the criticism is warranted, and not just exclusively for Manish but anyone who covered it in this fashion. I just know that Manish was first and he made a calculated move to post this with the wording that he did knowing he could be first and break the story if it went through, but also that it could have severe backlash if it did not. 

It was a swing and a miss for Manish, so I believe that the criticism is absolutely warranted. Manish was manipulated by a source who was clearly linked to Logan Ryan and used as a pawn to try and drive interest. I don't understand why criticizing someone who is willing to post misinformation only to be first is unwarranted. So why does Glenn always defend Manish?

Wow.  Somebody created an account just to talk about me.  Definitely a first.

the office fist bump GIF

Oh, and to answer your question, no.  What I do is, I read what he tweets and comprehend it properly.  The inability of others to do the same despite its level of simplicity intrigues me.  As I said in a previous thread, the group-think that leads to wilful ignorance is an interesting phenomena.

Edited by AFJF

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still a legitimate question.  Your support of Manish Mehta is indeed strange.  

I added a bit to my original reply but here it is again....

Oh, and to answer your question, no.  What I do is, I read what he tweets and comprehend it properly.  The inability of others to do the same despite its level of simplicity intrigues me.  As I said in a previous thread, the group-think that leads to wilful ignorance is an interesting phenomena.

Edited by AFJF
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Connor Huge said:

IMO Mannish wasn't manipulated by anyone.  He did what he always does, manipulates the fan base by thinking what the Jets' might do, just like we do here, then calls it a source, and lies to his fans.  Sometimes he'll guess right and run victory laps.  Usually not.

Guess Glen has become one of his acolyte's.  We might have to do a cult intervention.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Hey guys, remember that time Manish told us Macc was definitely not getting fired, then threw a tirade when it happened?

Apparently we were all just misreading Mehta's tweets.  Our bad!

LOL.  Addressed this a few hours ago on the pod with Manish.  That’s why it’s silly to assume you know somebody’s position on every issue based on a few anecdotes.  As I said, the psychology of all of this is very interesting.

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

the office fist bump GIF

I've been meaning to create an account for a while, big fan of the pod BTW. This isn't necessarily criticism directed towards you. It's more a curiosity of why you feel the need to defend him.

I'm not in the camp of thinking that everything Manish does is somehow nefarious and directed towards manipulating the fanbase. I think he has some really good stuff I think he has some really bad stuff. I just hate perpetuating this type of "first-in" reporting with clickbait titles just to be be as relevant as possible. It's a very disingenuous way to deliver information, and the only way to stop it is to push back against it. That's where my confusion comes in on your take.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

LOL.  Addressed this a few hours ago on the pod with Manish.  That’s why it’s silly to assume you know somebody’s position on every issue based on a few anecdotes.  As I said, the psychology of all of this is very interesting.

Oh I'm sure it'll be just riveting stuff.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

the office fist bump GIF

Glenn.  I won't think any less of you if you do have a Quid Pro Quo relationship with Manish.  I despise that guy but your content stands by itself.  And anyway, if Manish does end up going too far one day... he'll have mailed that package by himself.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Connor Huge said:

That was a short run, Mr. TwoPosts. 

• Upvote 2