Need Some Advice On Keepers....

toon88

Need Some Help From The "experts" Here On Fantasy Baseball. I'm Coming Off My 2nd Consecutive Championship In A League Where We Get To Keep 2 Players From Last Years Roster. Here Are My Potential Keepers With A Quick Word On Why Or Why Not I May Keep Them:

David Ortiz--monster Hr, R & Rbi #'s. Top Of The List For 1b. Yes, Eligible In My League At 1b As Well As Dh.

David Wright--one Of The Top Guys At 3b, Great Avg. Solid Hr, Rbi, Runs I Think This Year In #5 Hole All Year.

Miguel Cabrera--eligible At 3b & Of!!! The Only Reason I Wouldn't Keep Him, Is He Has Nobody Hitting Around Him.

Vlad Guerrero--always A Top 3 Player, Leader In All Catagories. His Back Is What Makes Me Say Hmmmmmm.

Barry Bonds--sat On My Bench Last Year All Season, Drafted In About 10th Rd. Not Sure What His Status Will Be All Season.

Johan Santana--best Pitcher By Far! Era, Whip, K's, Wins..he Is Tops In All. Every Year I Say, Can He Do It Again In Minnesota, Is This The Year He Doesn't?

Dontrelle Willis--another Top Pitcher In All Catagories...but Will He Get Any Wins With That Team? He Will Have To Win Every Game 1-0 Or 2-1...love Him, But Not On The Marlins This Year.

There They Are, Who Would You Keep. It Is A Basic 5 X 5 League. Last Season I Kept Santana And Vlad, Going With The Best Pitcher And Best Hitter. Do I Do The Same? Or Go With 2 Of The Best Hitters And Load Up On Pitching In The Draft?

Thanks For The Advice!!!

I would keep the two Marlins: Cabrera and Willis, assuming this keeper league is going to continue for years. Those two have the potential to have Hall of Fame careers and they are just now getting started. Keeping them would be worth the struggle your team might go through this year while Florida rebuilds.

Both guys are great talents, but consider their circumstances. Cabrera will be hard-pressed to do all that well in that new lineup unless your league counts walks.Willis has been up and down and doesn't figure to get many wins even if he pitches lights out.

Ortiz will be fine as long as Ramirez doesn't go any where.

Santana had a great 2nd half.

Wright is going to be the next Mike Scmidt.Other than A-Rod, I doubt there's a more productive 3B, while with Vlady, you can find guys of comparable production or approaching it.

I would keep the two Marlins: Cabrera and Willis, assuming this keeper league is going to continue for years. Those two have the potential to have Hall of Fame careers and they are just now getting started. Keeping them would be worth the struggle your team might go through this year while Florida rebuilds.

I'd stay away from the Marlins this year. They're going to be awful.

I'd go with Ortiz and Santana. They were monsters for me last season.

I'd stay away from the Marlins this year. They're going to be awful.

I'd go with Ortiz and Santana. They were monsters for me last season.

It depends on how long the keeper league lasts. Cabrera and Willis could potentially be the most dominant offensive player/pitcher in the majors over the next 10 years.

If it's a keeper league I 'd go with Cabrera and Santana because they are young and I would want to retag them every year barring injury.

Santana is the best pitcher in Baseball and Cabrera is on his way to becoming a top 5 hitter if not there already.

If you are hesitant about the Marlin lack of support around Cabrera grab Wright as he provides some stolen bases for you in addition to power numbers.

Archived