Joe Douglas message to the fans

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

In other words.  We’re tanking the season. 

glad to hear JD saying the truth as to what’s happening, it’s all I’ve been saying. 

POTY!!!  Majestic. You are the Lord of SOJF.  No one...but no one... shares your throne.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, slats said:

Like when the Jets are cashing in that second first rounder and the Seahawks are shopping Adams under the franchise tag? 

funny, but they will pay him next spring.  Adams already agreed w/seahawks to stick with 2020 salary.  No doubt that the basics of the long term deal were negotiated before giving up all that draft capital.  Pete Carroll loves his DBs.  And we should love him for this.

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

Yeah and an important point from JDs call was stating that he had clear communication with Jamal and his agents stating that he never promised a new contract this off-season. That was the one thing I wondered about – if Jamall had some justification for his outrage at not getting a new deal. I wondered if it was a rookie GM mistake, but it clearly didn’t happen. Jamal went nuclear and attacked everybody- #fakecharacter

its like joe said, he stepped back and looked at the motivation for the comments.  When you look at all the facts you can clearly see it was Jamals only card to play, and he played it to try to force JD's hand. Especially if it is true he engineered the Dallas interest himself by texting players to tell Jerry to make a move, then faking outrage about it.  

End of the day it was very clear to Joe this was not a player that was going to be on this team for the right reasons, hence the "we are building this the right way" comment.  Clear signal he wants players that want to be here and play for the NYJ and are passionate about winning here.  Jamal wanted out, badly, he wanted to go to a contender (preferably his hometown team in Dallas), but he would have played here if presented with tremendous compensation.  Thats a player whose motivation to be a Jet is only for what they may offer him and nothing else.  

22 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Oh come on.  Doesn't he know the "right way" is the @FidelioJet method, where you throw a bunch of money at players that other teams saw fit to dump?

When's he gonna spend to get the good players in here?  Guys like Trumaine Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, Matt Forte, Buster Skrine and Marcus Gilchrist?

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh come on.  Doesn't he know the "right way" is the @FidelioJet method, where you throw a bunch of money at players that other teams saw fit to dump?

When's he gonna spend to get the good players in here?  Guys like Trumaine Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, Matt Forte, Buster Skrine and Marcus Gilchrist?

Actually what he's really saying there is...

"We're rebuilding and tanking this year for the future - so just give me some time"

That's what that meant and it seems pretty clear to everyone else except the folks at JN.

Look, I get it...I'm on board now - we're hear.  But let's just not pretend this season is anything more than that.

GOOOO REBUILD!!!

On 7/28/2020 at 5:00 AM, Dcat said:

funny, but they will pay him next spring.  Adams already agreed w/seahawks to stick with 2020 salary.  No doubt that the basics of the long term deal were negotiated before giving up all that draft capital.  Pete Carroll loves his DBs.  And we should love him for this.

Can see a scenario where JA signs next year for less than his demands, so he can say  "see i never said I wanted 20/mil per" u dawgs are trippin lol...

4 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Can see a scenario where JA signs next year for less than his demands, so he can say  "see i never said I wanted 20/mil per" u dawgs are trippin lol...

If he ends up signing for anything more than $13M per, it'll send up being too much.  If he gives Seattle a hometown discount and settles for $15-16M per, it won't bother me, because they're still overpaying for a SS.

• Upvote 1