Joe Douglas message to the fans

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I don't thing Joe Douglas even needed to say anything or address the Jamal Adams situation at all.  He's giving that player too much of an undeserved spotlight.

The 2 first round draft picks is all we needed to hear.  Great job Mr. Douglas.

SAR I

And a 3rd rounder too (I'll call McDougald a swap for the 4th rounder)

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I have a feeling this trade is going to be one that takes multiple years to complete because I expect Joe D to trade down and get future picks a couple of times.  It's going to be like acquiring like 8-10 players for Jamal.  At least that's how I'm envisioning this going down (plus considering the way Joe D moved in the draft last year)

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't thing Joe Douglas even needed to say anything or address the Jamal Adams situation at all.  He's giving that player too much of an undeserved spotlight.

The 2 first round draft picks is all we needed to hear.  Great job Mr. Douglas.

SAR I

agreed

i love the guy

love

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have a feeling this trade is going to be one that takes multiple years to complete because I expect Joe D to trade down and get future picks a couple of times.  It's going to be like acquiring like 8-10 players for Jamal.  At least that's how I'm envisioning this going down (plus considering the way Joe D moved in the draft last year)

a smart man would do that.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

McDougald + Mosely + Williamson = Last Year's Adams Production.

Pick 1 + Pick 2 = Gravy

Adams $$$ = Darnold $$$ + Quinnen $ + Mims $

This is a great day for the New York Jets.

SAR I

that's complicated but, I shall take your word for it...

• Haha 1

Often when a trade like this happens, the team states their acknowledgement of the time the player had for the team (eg "we thank Jamal for his contributions to the jets the first 3 years").  I notice that there was none of that in statements or JDs interview..  JD focused on the benefits of the picks and we move on.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Well JD doesn’t let the past consume him he looks straight forward with passion. Not mentioning anything about Jamal is the correct thing to do he is a Seahawk now and a Seahawk problem. He’s got his coaches and team assembled for now truly a good GM for keeping focused on moving forward. This was a no brained trade that is one for the record books.
Thank you JD for picking the Jets to be our GM. Future looks a lot brighter with you running the team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Joe brings an uncanny maturity to the front office that we have been lacking for a long time.  He has shown seasoning that exceeds even what one would imagine would come with his vast years of NFL front office experience, and has presented a consistently clear message and idea of what this team/franchise will be under his tenure.  That type of unwavering steadiness radiates through out a franchise and really breeds confidence that not only is there a plan but that there are people that can execute it.  This is what I had always heard about joe in his time with the ravens and through out his stops in Chicago and Philly, and even expecting it coming in he has really impressed me. 

He will have his low points eventually, all GM's do, he will make a bad trade, he will miss on draft picks, but I feel confident going forward that he is a guy that will hit more than miss, and have plans for the misses.  We cant fix ownership, or coaching, but at least right now we seem to have one thing right. 

Yeah and an important point from JDs call was stating that he had clear communication with Jamal and his agents stating that he never promised a new contract this off-season. That was the one thing I wondered about – if Jamall had some justification for his outrage at not getting a new deal. I wondered if it was a rookie GM mistake, but it clearly didn’t happen. Jamal went nuclear and attacked everybody- #fakecharacter

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Then did he post a video montage of himself dancing around his home after the trade went through?

I’m just kidding. No one is actually that self-absorbed to actually do something like that. I mean, Douglas wants to continue in a leadership role and stuff; so a guy like that can’t even if he really felt like it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Then did he post a video montage of himself dancing around his home after the trade went through?

I’m just kidding. No one is actually that self-absorbed to actually do something like that. I mean, Douglas wants to continue in a leadership role and stuff; so a guy like that can’t even if he really felt like it.

His kids wouldn't even do that.