If Jets’ Christopher Johnson fires Adam Gase, he should give Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy a chance

3 hours ago, predator_05 said:

If Bienemy is so good, why hasn't anyone hired him yet?

Guy is repeatedly passed on, and its not like he hasn't been interviewe - teams are bound by the Rooney rule to interview a 'black' coach whenever there's an opening. 

I’m always real wary of hiring anyone who is coming from a program whose unit is stacked top to bottom with All Pros...ie Bruce Coslet coming from Cincinnati...Todd Bowles coming from Arizona.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

The old nobody wants to come here argument if we don't show patience. Remember hearing don't fire Bowles after only 3 seasons when he just finished going 5-11 back-to-back years? We gave him a 4th year which was Darnold's rookie season. Should of canned him after the 2017 season and hired a coach and picked the QB together. Instead we're always trying to set up these arranged marriages instead letting it grow organically. Things aren't working out the Johnson & Johnson way. Lastly, I feel for any coaches family. It's not an easy profession to be in.

Everything you say is true, but to announce that your team is so bad a full-stop rebuild is required and then fire a respected offensive mind you hired after a scant 18 games would sink the Jets already-bad reputation in the coaching community to record depths.

There comes a point where there is no easy fix.  There comes a point where you have to say the talent is so abysmal that even a great coach and coordinator couldn't produce a solid performance.  The Jets, with the losses of Anderson and Adams and the losses of our '20 draft class and the losses of injured starters are not a team that can get a coach fired.  You just shake your head and say 'bad luck'.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I agree.  And we get rid of Gase.

Also, crazy eyes leaves.

And, just a guess...... Coach Bieniemy would own coaching decisions both good and bad.

I still hope there is a Jets fan that drives a public bus, and I hope he runs over Gase.

The only one who throws players under a bus should be the one hit by one.

Irony....