Adam Gase Isn’t Fooling Anyone; Uses Darnold to Suggest “Unfair” to Judge Offense

JetNation

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

That just is not true. Tannehill had a really good season during Gase’s first year as doltfins coach and then was injured for most of the next two. Tannehill is having good years with the Titans because he can hand the ball off to Henry and also has a good difference.  Gase may not be the right guy for the jets but Tannehills performance of late has more to do with the Titans game philosophy than him being the second coming of anyone.

Shhh.  They only like it when people say awful things about Gase.  Don't you dare try to counter Eeyore's with facts.  Tsk-tsk, ranger, what are you thinking?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes been coaching 5 years now, not 5 games, we can analyze his offense.

No one puts Bill Belichick's stats or Pete Carroll's stats from their first failed gig's out there when discussing them on their second NFL jobs, so same things apply here.  There is a reason Gase was fired in Miami.  That is in the past.  His Jets chapter has him finishing 6-2 last year.  His Jets chapter has him a respectable 7-9 with a healthy Sam Darnold.

Hes not staying.  Youre the only one who believes this or youre just trolling the board for some goofy assed reason.  Hes gone,  He's getting fired, the question isnt if, its when.  I'll be anything that hes getting the axe, probably at the very end of the season or on Black Monday.  

It's my opinion, but it figures it's interpreted incorrectly by Gase hating Eeyore's who are blind to what the Jets strategy actually is and how Gase is executing it well.  It shouldn't be so unbelievable that some fans are willing to stand up for a coach who has never had a healthy roster in New Jersey let alone a decent one.  His FO moves have been spot-on.  

Hes not the football man anyone has asked for.  He may have been the one we hoped for but he wasn't that guy.  I hoped he would be that guy but he cant even make this team competitive.  Not asking for wins, just to not being a NFL laughingstock.  Not to be double digit losers almost every game.  Not having talent doesnt mean you have to commit stupid penalties, dont play disciplined football.  Doesnt mean you dont know when to kick or go on 4th.  Doesnt mean you run every time you line up with 2 TEs and everyone knows it.  Etc, etc.

The blowouts are coming from Gregg Williams' defense.  That's the NFL laughingstock with the stupid penalties and undisciplined play.  Gregg lost Jamal but he has healthy/substitute players that make the squad more talented than last year's group, at the very least on par with last year's group.  He has no excuses for the lack of tackling and taking plays off.  The O is playing hard.  Those guys care.  It's hard for anyone to run a sophisticated motion offense with WR's that shouldn't be in the NFL, a non-existent running game, and a bottom-tier OL.  

For your sake, be the troll

Sorry, not.  There's more to a HC than X's and O's.  What Gase lacks as an offensive coordinator he more than makes up for in motivation, inprovisation, front office instinct, player instinct, coaching staff, media handling, sheltering the players, etc.  If we had the '89 49ers personnel I'd want Gase gone tomorrow.  For this team with this roster and this deep rebuild and this many injuries in a vicious media town like this?  He's perfect. 

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one puts Bill Belichick's stats or Pete Carroll's stats from their first failed gig's out there when discussing them on their second NFL jobs, so same things apply here.  There is a reason Gase was fired in Miami.  That is in the past.  His Jets chapter has him finishing 6-2 last year.  His Jets chapter has him a respectable 7-9 with a healthy Sam Darnold.

The real pointless part of the equation is just because some of the top coaches failed early thinking that means all HCs who failed in their 1st gig will succeed.  Also, you said Gase was still and unknown, as if he had no history, that was your doing.  But really, Gase was a failure in Miami and was fired and is a failure here, is a dead man walking, hes done, 6-2 a year ago with a cup cake schedule wont save him, because it shouldnt

It's my opinion, but it figures it's interpreted incorrectly by Gase hating Eeyore's who are blind to what the Jets strategy actually is and how Gase is executing it well.  It shouldn't be so unbelievable that some fans are willing to stand up for a coach who has never had a healthy roster in New Jersey let alone a decent one.  His FO moves have been spot-on.  

Its not Gase hating.  Or Eyeores.  Or the blind.  Its people with enough brain cells left to see that Gase isnt executing on any level.  Hes a total failure of Kotite levels 

The blowouts are coming from Gregg Williams' defense.  That's the NFL laughingstock with the stupid penalties and undisciplined play.  Gregg lost Jamal but he has healthy/substitute players that make the squad more talented than last year's group, at the very least on par with last year's group.  He has no excuses for the lack of tackling and taking plays off.  The O is playing hard.  Those guys care.  It's hard for anyone to run a sophisticated motion offense with WR's that shouldn't be in the NFL, a non-existent running game, and a bottom-tier OL.  

Sorry, anyone who understands the game knows that the defense is on the field to long, I defending the wrong side of the field too ofter, and while it isnt talented its not nearly as pathetic as an offense that not only cant score, cant move the ball in a league that does all it can do to allow teams to move the ball and score points.  

Sorry, not.  There's more to a HC than X's and O's.  What Gase lacks as an offensive coordinator he more than makes up for in motivation, inprovisation, front office instinct, player instinct, coaching staff, media handling, sheltering the players, etc.  If we had the '89 49ers personnel I'd want Gase gone tomorrow.  For this team with this roster and this deep rebuild and this many injuries in a vicious media town like this?  He's perfect. 

And the other parts of the game that Gase does well?  Inspire players?  NO.  Gets them to play above their talent levels, NO.  Inspires confidence in his staff?  NO. Instills a winning culture?  NO.  Teaches fundamentals?  NO.  Develops a QB?  NO  X's and O's?  LOL, HELL NO.  

Done, its obvious what's going on here,  the fun is over.  Now if you want to place a bet, Gase is the HC yes or no, simple.  

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

They behave like Eeyore, they have expectations like Tyson.

SOJF's are pathetic.

SAR I

Only on JN does being correct make one “pathetic.”

You backed the wrong horse in Gase. What’s the big deal? Happens.

22 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Gase is a genuinely bad HC. But make no mistake, NO HC can win with the Jets current roster. The roster is expansion team bad. I'm not excusing Gase here. But in my honest and humble opinion, it's impossible to judge a player like Sammy when you surround him with the HACKS masquerading as players.

Lets just hope that Trevy does better.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Only on JN does being correct make one “pathetic.”

You backed the wrong horse in Gase. What’s the big deal? Happens.

I didn't want Gase nor am I backing him exactly.  I believe three things:

1.  We have a terrible roster after a decade of neglect and it's been injured so it's impossible to judge Gase as an OC.

2.  Off the field, as our Football Man, Gase has done a very good job and made all the right moves in re-shaping the franchise.

3.  By hiring a new DC and OC, Gase may very well be a very good HC.

That's all.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I didn't want Gase nor am I backing him exactly.  I believe three things:

1.  We have a terrible roster after a decade of neglect and it's been injured so it's impossible to judge Gase as an OC.

2.  Off the field, as our Football Man, Gase has done a very good job and made all the right moves in re-shaping the franchise.

3.  By hiring a new DC and OC, Gase may very well be a very good HC.

That's all.

SAR I

Can’t judge the players because coaches suck. Can’t judge QB because supporting cast sucks. Can’t judge skill positions because QB sucks. Can’t judge coaches because they all suck.

It’s an absurd circular argument. Results matter. The results suck. The boss has to go (and will).

On 10/24/2020 at 6:58 AM, JetNation said:

Adam Gase

Make no mistake about it Jets fans.  Head Coach Adam Gase may have invoked Sam Darnold’s name when suggesting it would be “unfair” to judge the quarterback’s 2020 performance due to injures, but anyone who is paying attention knows exactly what Gase is saying.

Adam Gase said “it’s almost unfair to judge” Sam Darnold because he has yet to play with “the three dudes” who were supposed to start at receiver. #Jets https://t.co/YOBGyOUsbt

— Al Iannazzone (@Al_Iannazzone) October 22, 2020

What Gase really meant was “It’s unfair to judge me and my offense” because as we all know, that’s what Darnold is out there executing on Sundays.  Gase’s unimaginative, mundane 32nd ranked offense.  As Gang Green has yet to have their top three receivers (Breshad Perriman, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims) take the field together, Gase is asking for a reprieve.  The funny thing about it is that Gase has a point.

Fans can repeat catch phrases such as “next man up” as much as they like, but if we’re being honest, how many NFL teams wouldn’t struggle mightily if their top 3 receivers spent most of their time on the shelf?  It wouldn’t be fair to judge Gase’s offense this season or last if we take a look at the injuries the Jets suffered in 2019 as well.  But there’s one problem that Gase is forgetting (or omitting) and he would like Jets fans to do the same.  The job he has done as the head coach of the New York Jets has been abysmal in just about every imaginable way when applied to issues that have little to do with who is healthy and who is not.

Time and again we’ve seen Gase throw in the towel with over a full quarter left to go in a game.  Hurry up offense?  Almost as rare as a Jets touchdown.

Injured receivers aren’t forcing Gase to attempt field goals in the fourth quarter of a game in which his team is trailing by 24 points.

It was Gase, not the injuries to his receivers, that put an injured Mekhi Becton on the field after deciding he wasn’t healthy enough to start, leading to further injury and more missed time.

Even if your top receivers are Braxton Berrios and Josh Malone, there’s no reason to call a run play  up the gut on 2nd down and 26.

Pass catchers landing on IR isn’t a reason to run 37-year-old Frank Gore in to the ground in blowout losses while younger backs miss out on valuable game experience.

Your best players don’t take to social media to tell the world that you don’t now how to lead or that they need to be traded because of injured wide receivers.

Treating injured players like second-class citizens does not come as a result of Denzel Mims pulling a hamstring.

Lying to the media about why a player was benched during a scrimmage has nothing to do with Breshad Perriman’s knee.

After picking up the team’s longest run of the year on a 34-yard scamper last week, Ty Johnson wasn’t sent to the bench for the rest of the day because of Jamison Crowder’s groin.

And what about consistently seeing players targeted well short of the sticks on third down?  Is that due to injures as well?  Because that was a staple of Gase’s offense in Miami and one of the biggest knocks he faced when hired by the Jets.  Still doing it years later.

When you start the fourth quarter of a game down by more than 20 points and out in a run-heavy attack with no sense of urgency to get reps for your young QB, that doesn’t fall at the feet of those players who aren’t suited up for one reason or another.  All of this falls on Adam Gase and Adam Gase alone.

So now as he’s on the brink of getting some healthy weapons back, Gase is suggesting injuries should prevent fans (and ownership, of course) from drawing any conclusions as to how the team has performed under his watch, except he’s using Darnold as cover.

Will ownership or the fans fall for it?  That could be an affirmative on the former, but a negative for the latter.

The post Adam Gase Isn’t Fooling Anyone; Uses Darnold to Suggest “Unfair” to Judge Offense appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

fiiWkxM-WJQ

Click here to read the full story...

This is nonsense. Everyone that can touch the ball and make a play is, in fact, hurt. 

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Can’t judge the players because coaches suck. Can’t judge QB because supporting cast sucks. Can’t judge skill positions because QB sucks. Can’t judge coaches because they all suck.

It’s an absurd circular argument. Results matter. The results suck. The boss has to go (and will).

But isn't that the very definition of an Idzik/Maccagnan roster combined with a dysfunctional front office and devastating injuries?

Could there be any worse scenario for any football team?  And to have a new HC and GM brought onboard to clean the whole mess up and having them crushed in the eyes of the vicious NY media?

This isn't a typical situation.  We aren't the Pittsburgh Steelers or Baltimore Ravens.  We have been a mess for many years and Gase and Douglas are here for the long haul to fix things.  The "circular argument" doesn't apply to a team as bad as this.  If we were the Dallas Cowboys I would agree with you, certainly enough talent to be better than 2-4, put that coach on the hot seat. 

But the Jets?  This isn't a finger pointing situation.  It's a white flag.  It's a fire sale, a tank, and a reload.  Gase won't go.  He's the person spearheading the rebuild.  He's the Football Man we asked for.  Twitter screaming, misguided entitlement, and foolish impatience doesn't change that.  Give credit to Christopher Johnson for not bending to fan pressure for once and sticking to his guns.  It's what's best for the franchise.  

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But isn't that the very definition of an Idzik/Maccagnan roster combined with a dysfunctional front office and devastating injuries?

Could there be any worse scenario for any football team?  And to have a new HC and GM brought onboard to clean the whole mess up and having them crushed in the eyes of the vicious NY media?

This isn't a typical situation.  We aren't the Pittsburgh Steelers or Baltimore Ravens.  We have been a mess for many years and Gase and Douglas are here for the long haul to fix things.  The "circular argument" doesn't apply to a team as bad as this.  If we were the Dallas Cowboys I would agree with you, certainly enough talent to be better than 2-4, put that coach on the hot seat. 

But the Jets?  This isn't a finger pointing situation.  It's a white flag.  It's a fire sale, a tank, and a reload.  Gase won't go.  He's the person spearheading the rebuild.  He's the Football Man we asked for.  Twitter screaming, misguided entitlement, and foolish impatience doesn't change that.  Give credit to Christopher Johnson for not bending to fan pressure for once and sticking to his guns.  It's what's best for the franchise.  

SAR I

Gase is gone. Don’t worry you’ll instant jump on the next guy will full fervor as you flush Gase right down the memory hole. Your schtick will survive.